In the kitchen, you can use a simple knife for your daily routine, but when it comes to grilling, a strong, gorgeous, accurate, effective and sharpened knife is the best.
The knife is an essential part of your grilling arsenal, especially when you are trying thin slices or cutting out a 17-pound brisket that has spent its entire day smoking. Apart from this, it is also ideal for trimming and slicing.
Using the right knife does more than making meat cutting easier; This can help improve all your cooking by ensuring the correct texture and thickness to your meat. At the same time, the right size and design of the knife also protect your hands.
Without a good knife and cleaver, you will find yourself struggling to cut the meat properly. Cutting meat using a wrong knife is as bad as the taste of burnt flesh.
We know you can’t make a mistake in choosing knives for your arsenal, so we have brought you the Best BBQ Knives on the market that will surely make your grilling process faster.
Go ahead and choose a sharp-edged weapon for your kitchen.
Comparison Chart for Top 10 BBQ Knives
Which are the 10 Best BBQ Knives in 2020?
1. Mercer Culinary Millennia Granton Slicer Edge
You must be well aware that the kitchen is incomplete without a sharp knife. A sharp-edged knife is one of the most basic kitchen items you will need.
To fulfil this basic requirement, we have brought for you a great 14-Inch knife made by Mercer Culinary. It comes with an extremely comfortable black grip. It is equally accurate and fast at work with a beautiful appearance.
It is used to make non-staining Japanese steel which resists complete corrosion and discolouration. It is precision and razor-sharp knife designed for strength and durability that can cut a breeze.
The ergonomic holder for comfort and polypropylene for its durability is made from Santoprene. It has textured finger points which provide slip resistance and better grip for hand protection.
- It has a thin and very sharp blade.
- Its ergonomic holder provides a durable and strong grip.
- It is capable of cutting slices continuously.
- It is made of high quality Japanese stain-free steel.
- It is also easy to clean and maintain.
- It is not suitable for washing using a dishwasher.
- It often needs to be sharpening.
2. Victorinox Swiss Army Cutlery Rosewood Knives
Victorinox is a global company which is very famous for its brilliant and sharp-edged knives. His Swiss Army Knives, domestic and professional knives are quite well known of which the Swiss Army Knife is the main product and a leading role in the development of all product categories.
Talking about their Rosewood knife, all the weapons given in it come with a great looking finish and have a seal on them. It is cut into a shape from a cold rolled piece of steel and then ground, tempered and sharpened. It undergoes several stages before finishing, resulting in the appearance of a light and narrow blade.
It is less expensive and can be rebuilt again and again. They perform very well, with the traditional rosewood handle designed to add maximum comfort, with a carved handle design characteristic for extra durability.
- It comes with a classic design.
- The set includes a knife, paring, curved boning, bread, meat slicer, chef’s, and honing steel knives.
- Its canvas knife bag allows for easy transport.
- It is naturally elegant.
- It handles for a comfortable grip and easy handling.
- It provides a lifetime guarantee against defects in workmanship.
- Its quality is great, but there is a risk of rust spots so wash it after the work is over.
3. Mairico Ultra Sharp Premium Carving Knife
The Mairico slicing knife is professionally designed to add an impeccable performance. Its blade is 11 inches long and is capable of consistent and accurate performance. It is made from superb quality, premium steel, engineered to cut properly with minimal effort.
This slicing knife works well with different types of meat. Professionals prefer the length of the blade for cutting through brisket, pork lenses, turkey, ham, smoked salmon and roast. It is versatile and can also be used to slice fruits and vegetables.
It is also ergonomically designed, with well-balanced weight distribution and secure grip to make you safe and comfortable. It gives a great look in your hands with which everyone would like to work.
- It features long, ultra-sharp blades engineered to make highly precise cuts with minimal effort.
- It combines super quality with commercial design.
- It is safe and comfortable.
- Its balanced weight distribution and secure grip fit perfectly in hand.
- Apart from meat, you can also use it to slice fruits and vegetables.
- It provides a guarantee of top performance.
- It may be higher in the price for some.
4. Mercer Culinary M21820 Millennia Knife Roll Set
Mercer Millennia Knives are ready to add versatility, comfort and efficiency to your kitchen. It includes 8, including a sharp steel metal and a nylon roll for storage. You can also use it on the go or cut it throughout the day.
It comes with an durable grip design that makes your hold on the knife very strong and prevents fatigue. Along with this, for more comfort, the handles are Santoprene, a material that makes your hands feel softer.
Also, the propylene material used on the handle promotes durability, allowing you to use the knife for a longer period of time. High-carbon Japanese blades have been used to make this, eliminating the risk of rust, sharpening easily and preventing stains.
It is also very easy and comfortable in terms of portability. The package comes with a sturdy nylon roll with seven pockets for each item. In addition to providing for secure storage, the nylon roll allows you to use a knife on the go.
- Its textured finger points enhance security.
- Its high carbon Japanese steel is fast and easy to clean.
- It incorporates a strong nylon roll for safe storage.
- Its ergonomic handle makes hands feel good.
- With its lightweight handle, you will need to use more force.
5. TUO Cutlery Knives With Wooden Block
The TUO Cutlery knives are highly revered when it comes to unmatched quality for an experienced chef, especially in terms of precision cutting and durability. It includes a prime-grade construction that is equally luxurious and beautiful.
It features razor-sharp edges, incredible edge retention, and an agile blade that provides consistently superior performance. This set is arguably the best deal for the best knife on this list. German X50CrMov15 steel is used in their manufacture, which provides the highest level of performance against general steels.
Its handle is made of high-density Packwood, which not only looks strong but also makes it more stable and durable. It will never expand, crack or break apart.
Their ergonomic design makes it very easy to handle and use without tiring your hands. With luxury packing, it is also a wise choice as a gift that gives you 100% satisfaction assurance or money-back guarantee.
- Highly durable German steel blade produce it.
- Easy and simple handling has been added to these.
- This motivates them to work continuously without getting tired.
- They come with a very clean look.
- A superb Wooden Block is included to handle all knives.
- Its price tag is on the high side, but with durable quality, it is price adjustable.
- Its block could be shortened.
6. OOU Chef Series Kitchen Pro Knives
The OOU Kitchen knives are an affordable option for home chefs of all levels, providing accurate results every time. Each piece of it is made with high carbon steel material which is resistant to corrosion. A patented black oxide layer has also been added to it, which gives an attractive look. Their ultra-sharp blade technology ensures accurate results when cutting food.
In this set, you will find all the essentials that a chef needs. This includes a chef, bread, slicing, paring, utility, and multiple steak knives. If you do not like woodblocks, then you will appreciate this transparent acrylic knife block. Not only can you see each knife in it, but the block is also resistant to shocks and scratches.
- Its 15-pcs has everything you need.
- Their black oxide layer does not chip over time.
- It comes in a transparent acrylic knife block.
- It includes a knife sharpener.
- They are rustproof.
- Its sharpener is kept separate from the block.
- Its holder maybe a little stuffy for some.
7. Ross Henery Professional knives
This 9-piece set is a great choice for an aspiring, amateur household chef. It comes in a heavy-duty zip-up storage case which is ideal if you are travelling with a knife. If you cook wide and varied food, then this set is going to be valuable for you.
This set is made from 100% stain-less steel, which does not allow rust stains. Even then always let them dry completely before putting them away. The blades are sharpened and hold their edge well. A Sharpening tool is included so that you can keep the knife sharp at all times.
The set includes:
- Chef’s Knife
- Carving Knife
- Utility Knife
- Paring Knife
- Boning Knife
- Bread Knife
- Sharpening Steel
- Meat Cleaver
- Carving Fork
- Black Carry Case
- The manufacturer has given a 2-year guarantee on it.
- This set is offered in a heavy-duty, easy to carry.
- It is ideal for professional chefs, students and home kitchens.
- This dishwasher comes with a safe and care guide.
- These are manufactured with rigid steel.
- Its carry bag is not ideal from a quality and practical standpoint.
8. Wanbasion Chef Kitchen Knife Professional Set
The Wanbasion Knife comes in a professional Damascus style design. This titanium plated, steel forged set offers professional-style cutlery that is scratch resistant and corrosion-resistant. This set is made of high hardness steel which does not break or bend easily.
It is very durable and is extremely sharp because of the grind edge technology used to make them. They are easy to clean and will not scratch. With these, you can easily cut and carve meat, fruits and vegetables.
Its blades use natural black titanium metal paint that does not interfere with food safety. Each knife has a double layer of high-quality steel and a corrosion-resistant coating, making them difficult to rust.
- They cannot be easily scratched, broken or bent.
- They are all lightweight and easy to hold.
- It guarantees high-grade stainless steel material.
- All knives come with quality titanium coating.
- This set comes at an affordable price.
- These need to be sharpened continuously.
9. Mueller Austria Knife Set With Block
The Mueller UltraSharp 17 Piece Knives are manufactured by high-quality steel that resists corrosion and discolouration. It is easy to clean and maintain. It is designed as a multipurpose knife for professional applications, they are perfect for all kinds of meats, vegetables, fruits and breads as well as your daily kitchen tasks and is suitable for home as well as restaurants.
Its sharpness is important to get the best cut. With this, you will also be able to complete difficult tasks like cutting hard meat or removing meat from bones. To make this set even more professional, it has an ergonomic fibrox pro handle which greatly reduces finger fatigue or pain.
It gives you a safe and comfortable grip. We are here to offer you only the best quality products that make your life easier, and this knife is one of the best products.
- The set is included of 17 pieces.
- It includes 7 types of knives.
- It includes 6 steak knives.
- A peeler, scissors and sharpener have also been added to increase its usefulness.
- They are made with durable steel which does not scratch.
- The non-stick coated on them makes cleaning easy.
- It is thick and durable, which is long-lasting.
- Its holder needs to be given the correct size.
10. Dalstrong Bull Nose Butcher Knife
Dalstrong is one of the most respected knife manufacturers in the market, whose knives offer easy to operate and superior quality. The one we liked the best was Bull Nose Butcher Knife.
The 8 ”blade length provides exceptional control and allows any chef to move more, longer and with less fatigue. The round-tip of this shattering knife is engineered to perfection and serves to increase the strength of the blade tip, while the extra length and curved nose feature longer, cleaner cuts and simpler skin.
It is built by ultrafast Japanese AUS-10V Super Steel with 67 layers of premium high-carbon stainless steel, giving it exceptional strength, durability and stain resistance. Get through it with butter like beef, pork and chicken, trim the brisket excellently, and break the big game without getting lost.
Its ultra-premium G-10 handle is impervious to heat, cold and moisture. The hand-drawn ergonomic holder shape is engineered for superior hand control, agility and comfort. With it, make long, thin, even slices beautifully without tearing or clipping in one easy, single stroke.
- The sharp line of its blade works fast.
- Both its handle and blade are nonstick.
- It comes with a sheath.
- Its durable design will last for a long time.
- It can easily cut all types of meat.
- There is uneven grind at its tip.
How To Choose The Best BBQ Knives?
In this stage of choosing the best barbeque knife, you will know many things that will give the right direction to your purchase. First of all, make a list of your needs and mix them with the factors given below. By doing this, you will be able to make the right decision for the purchase. You should also make sure that the option chosen is comfortable, light, accurate, and safe.
Suppose if you are working in the kitchen with a dull blade, do you think that you will be able to give meat, vegetables or salad in a perfect shape? I don’t think so.
On the other hand, if you show your acrobatics with a sharp blade, you will surely be able to cut the meat or salad with the right shape as well as quickly. Here, apart from the sharpness of the knife, you should pay special attention to the materials used in it.
Before buying a good knife, you should always know what material the blade is made of, as each type has its advantages and drawbacks. Nowadays there are knives made of different types of materials in the market, out of which there are 4 main ones which are trained for their specialities:
- Stainless Steel Blades – This blade is one of the most popular due to its durability and corrosion resistance. Stainless steel is a metal alloy typically made of at least 11% chromium, iron, nickel, molybdenum, and carbon. There are many different grades and compositions of stainless steel that vary with the properties used to make the material.
- Carbon Steel Blades – Before stainless steel was introduced, carbon steel was the most commonly used for making blades. Their most important thing is their sharpener, and it is very easy to sharpen compared to stainless blades. The only disadvantage is that it lacks chromium due to which it is susceptible to corrosion and requires careful cleaning after every use.
- Titanium Blades – Titanium is one of the strongest materials that is corrosion-resistant. It is easy to identify due to its dark, silver colour. Due to its non-magnetic and durable properties, it is used for diving knives, kitchen knives, pocket knives and even bomb-defusing knives. Titanium blades are soft and not as sharp as other types, so they are sometimes coated with other materials.
- Ceramic Blades – Ceramic blades are less prevalent for personal use, they are used more than just kitchen cutlery and pocket knives. It is a non-metallic solid, its complete resistance to corrosion, extremely hardened blades and long-lasting sharpness. The only disadvantage is that it cracks when it falls, and these blades can only sharpen with specific tools.
The length of a common knife handle used in the kitchen depends on personal utility. However, individual models are 6 to 14 inches (15 to 36 centimetres) in length. If referring to a professional knife, the chef’s knife usually has a blade eight inches (20 cm) and a width of 1 1’s2 inches (3.8 cm).
Ensuring a good grip on the handle is very important as a low-quality handle can put you in trouble or danger. Look at an option that relaxes your hands while cutting, and does not slip with your hands. According to us, a wooden handle may be the best option for you. But it is not at all that rubber, or hard plastic handles are not suitable. This will depend on your personal preference.
If you feel uncomfortably weighted behind the handle or towards the blade, this is probably not for you. An unbalanced knife inspires you to work harder than you might not want at all. Apart from this, the side-to-side balance in the knife is also important. When you are down on the blade, the knife should not feel unstable, as if it wants to tether to one side or the other.
Pricing of any item reflects its characteristics. All of the above options provide you with an affordable price. Along with a reasonable price, they all provide high quality and also have quite a lot of features inside them.
By now you must have chosen your kitchen arsenal weapon, so what is the delay, after spending hours making a delicious piece of smoked meat, you can present a beautiful looking final product to your guests. Now you must have been free from the worry of breaking the meat with a blunt, toothed knife.
We hope that the information given in the article has been important to you. If you have any suggestions on barbecue knives that you would like to share or have any further questions, do let us know in the comments below.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Is A Granton Edge Knife?
A Granton blade usually has an array of scallops on either side; Therefore, it is also known as the scalloped edge. Similar to a standard knife, the Granton blade has a straight edge, and the blade is scalloped along the edges to provide just the right look and sharpness.
2. Which Knife Is Best For Cutting Meat?
A Granton slicing knife would be appropriate for cutting meat which gives better performance in making long and straight cuts. Apart from this, it is also helpful in providing a fast and smooth piece.
3. What Is The Difference Between A Utility And A Paring Knife?
A utility knife with a 4–7-inch long blade is commonly used to cut large vegetables and pieces of meat. Whereas, a paring knife is small in size and 2–4 inch short blades, Which is quite useful for peeling and cutting fruits and vegetables.