Starting the cooking process can be a complicated task if you do not have enough or the right equipment. And if the matter is to burn charcoal, then it can become even more troublesome.
Some people use mild liquids to burn charcoal, but it can spoil the taste of your food. Now the question may be arising in your mind that what should be the easy way to adopt for quick ignition?
The electric charcoal starter is the grate option for this which will eliminate your problem.
An excellent and classic electric charcoal starter allows you to start your prompt grilling session every time and protects hands from hot coals. This is a great pick for indoor grilling, and maybe you’re looking for such!
So let’s end this quest and see the best options in the market which have become popular with their qualities and abilities.
Top 10 Electric Charcoal Starters
Which are the 10 Best Electric Charcoal Starters in 2020?
1. Phoenix Pit Charcoal Starter
This equipment is great for our indoor and outdoor grilling sessions as it is environmentally and user friendly. It does not contain any light fuel or hazardous chemicals; All you need is a plug and socket to start. It comes with a compact design, and its larger rod covers more area.
Its metal element provides 650 Watts, and the entire device is 16 ounces in weight. Its is much light than other options in the market so you can take it anywhere easily.
To begin with, you will not need any liquids or newspaper. It is also ideal for breezy areas as the elements contained in it is no air hazard. It features a long wire for power, which provides easy access to your outlet.
Its long length makes it ideal for deep grills or a safe distance from the piping hot element. This wind-resistant, hot coil charcoal starter is an excellent choice for any charcoal grill.
- Its longer rods cover more space.
- It comes at a responsive price.
- It provides the pollution-free flame.
- Its heating elements are air resistant.
- This heats up the charcoal quickly and easily.
- Its cord may be short for outdoor cooking.
2. Char-Broil Electric Starter
This electric starter from Char-Broil is available at an attractive price which takes a very short mints to heat the coals. This is a basic model that will fit any grilling budget. It has a heat-resistant handle, which protects you from burning yourself while handling the appliance.
Its 120V heating element generates around 550 watts, heating your charcoal pile in just minutes. Now you can get your meat and vegetables fast to feed your family and friends.
A metal bracket is included between the handle and the iron end that holds this electrical device on the edge of the grill. This piece can also be used as a stand.
Its wire is quite short, so an extension cord will be needed to access the grill, although this will not cause too much trouble to your cooking experience.
- It provides good value for value.
- Its heat-resistant handle protects hands from burns.
- It is easy to use and lightweight.
- It does not produce any kind of smoke while lighting a fire.
- This heats up the coals quickly.
- Its durable construction works for a long term.
- Its cord is short.
- It does not have any control buttons.
3. Looftlighter Original Fire Starter
Looftlighter Starter is the fastest, cleanest, easiest and safest lighter among the products available in the market. It produces a 1,100 ° F airstream that can firepit any charcoal BBQ, grill, wood-burning chimney and campfire in 60 seconds.
It has no direct flame, no gas and no chemicals, just superheat air that produces great tasting food from a barbecue or grill. It provides the fastest, safest and cleanest way to lighten your grill. It comes with versatility: burning charcoal grills, pizza ovens, fireplace logs and briquettes with it has become easy and quick.
It is as easy to use just plug it in, press the button and aim, its electric coil and a blower will ignite the coals within seconds.
- It prepares coals in one stroke (just 60 seconds).
- It has a long (9.8 ft.) Cord to reach the grill.
- An Integrated bottle opener has also been added to it.
- It is capable of lighting all types of fuels.
- It heats up to 1200 ° F.
- It is designed with versatility.
- There is a need to improve its protective features.
4. Ivation Electric Fire Starter
IVACHSTRT60-1 electric charcoal lighter protects you from the use of lighter liquids and other hazardous liquid agents. This torch ignites charcoal fastly without contaminating food or the environment, using a concentrated flow of superhit air.
It can burn your coals in just 1 minute for which you have to plug it in, button it up, and point at the desired kill to get started.
It has a built-in support stand that rests the lighter comfortably on any flat surface, and also serves as a secret bottle opener. When you start a grill or a smoker to feed food to a crowd, then it will be very useful for you.
You can easily use its portable lighters in indoor or outdoor ventilated spaces. It is useful and safe for lump charcoal or heat seeds used, from campfire to home cooking.
In addition to quick performance and preservation of the taste of the food, it also provides you with more heat control. Instead of dangerous, out-of-control flames, it provides a clean, stable smoulder flame.
- It gives the charcoal a perfect glow within 60 seconds.
- It is simple for operating BBQ grills, indoor fireplaces, outdoor fire pits, ovens, and smokers.
- It is designed with a versatile design.
- It is capable of directly burning all types of coal.
- A blower has been added to fast heating.
- Its integrated support stand works as a bottle opener.
- Its ergonomic grip step cool to touch protects hands from heat.
- We did not find any bug in it.
5. Big Green Egg Charcoal Starter
Big Green Egg is a great brand-made product that gives you a simple and bright flame. Its contour heating coil is made from a quality stainless steel that provides quick heat to the coils. This is the perfect charcoal grill accessory with a cool handle and a simplified design.
This starter boasts an impressive 600W heat element that is perfect for quickly heating charcoal briquettes. Also, with its unique design, it can fit with any size big green egg.
Another commendable aspect of this is the 3-feet cord with which you can enjoy outdoor grilling as well. It can be used with any old extension cord if you say to lengthen the length. Overall, it is an excellent and well-made product that functions perfectly.
- It provides super-fast light to charcoal.
- It can be plugged into any electrical outlet.
- It provides quick start.
- Heavy-duty coil has been added to it.
- Its power cord is up to 3 feet.
- Its heat resistant handle protects hands from hotness.
- It is a popular product.
- The cord could be lengthened further.
6. HomeRight Electro-Torch C900085 Starter
This electro-torch is perfect for your grilling, camping and RVing accessory. This allows you to easily light a chimney starter, campfire or fire pit without using matchbox or lighter fluid. Its dual ignition switch allows you to light a fire within a minute.
A blower has been added inside it that produces super-hot air to ignite the fire and produces high-velocity airflow to disperse the flames. This leads to a hot airflow of 1500° to ignite.
It has a special thermal protection feature, which shuts down the unit when it reaches extremely high temperatures so that you don’t suffer any damage. In about 15–20 minutes, the electro-torch will cool down enough to restart. It has a 6 ‘long heavy gauge ground power cord that gives you access to enough distance.
- It has dual ignition switches for greater control.
- It provides heat to the charcoal with a high temperature.
- Its built-in safety switch controls the temperature.
- Quality materials have been used in it.
- It is multi-functional.
- It comes with a two-year warranty.
- It feels a bit heavy.
- Power switch not lockable.
7. KamadoJoe KJ-ES Charcoal Starter
The KamadoJoe KJ-ES Starter, as the name suggests, works perfectly with the Kamado branded grills, but you can also pair it with any egg-shaped grill.
With 600W of heat, it is capable of starting a large mound of charcoal in about 8–10 minutes. The faster it is, the more reliable it is. You can also use it easily in weather conditions.
It comes with a standard stainless steel coil that is not only resistant to corrosion but is also very simple to clean. It is given across about 5.5 “and 1.5” in width which gives you enough surface area.
If you are looking for something big, then this may become ideal for you. Overall this is a very well designed electric charcoal starter that provides a great value.
- It has a long cord attached.
- Its angled coil provides stability and larger space.
- It is very lightweight.
- It comes with high wattage to generate heat.
- It heats up quicker than others.
- It overheats easily.
- Its element is small.
8. RAPID-LITE Xtreme Fire Starter
With this powerful 600W rapid-light extreme loop design, you can quickly ignite your fire in 15 minutes. This unique double-loop design allows for greater contact with charcoal and lights. It is very fast and you just to place the starter down into your knotted charcoal about halfway down, plug it in, wait a few minutes.
It has a durable stainless steel heating element added that is quick to operate and can work for a long term. Its 8-inch large wingspan can illuminate more charcoal in few mints. If you use a large size grill or smoker, then this may be the ideal option for you.
It is also useful for indoor as well as outdoor cookout as it has a heavy gauge grounded power cord added which makes it simple to access long distances. Its heating elements can also function in heavy winds and provide you with consistent heat every time.
- Its heating elements are made with durable stainless steel.
- It provides 800W power to fire the charcoal.
- Its massive 8-inch wingspan can light large amounts of coal.
- Its heavy gauge power cords provide adequate accessibility.
- Its cool-touch handle protects hands from heat.
- The screws connecting its handle are slightly bulging.
- Its price is slightly higher.
9. MIGI WOLF Charcoal Fire Starter
This gadget incredibly works to speed up your grilling process so that you can quickly serve a delicious meal to your hungry friends. The most difficult task during grilling is to burn the charcoal, which was understood by MIGI WOLF, and they created this awesome starter.
It comes with a different style that makes the task easy and enjoyable. The most common is a raw electric heating element, which you place between coals or wood and heat it to ignite. Its 1100 degree Fahrenheit hit-power ignites fire safely within 60 seconds.
To begin with: Plug it in, point to it, and click the power switch. Once the fire is lit, medicines the power switch provided in it and it turns off, then cools down within a few seconds to be safe to the touch.
The best thing that we found is its small and portable size; it is easy to store. It also has a storage hook in which you can wrap the cable so that it does not hang, and you can also use this hook as a bottle opener.
- It is simple and safe to use.
- It cools down quickly after use.
- It is useful for convenient storage.
- The manufacturer has given a 2-year warranty.
- It is a bit more expensive.
10. Blue Rhino Global Sourcing 00372TV GZ Starter
This 00372TV GZ Electric Starte from Blue Rhino Global Sourcing is a high-performance tool that gives you quick and steady flame. It will definitely impress you with its modern look and function.
It is simple and fast so that you can heat a large mound of charcoal in just a few mints. Connect it to the plug for use, turn the switch on and hang it from the grill with its hook. Shortly there will be heat in the coal inside your grill or smoker, and you will prepare yourself to serve a tasty dish.
Most non-quality products emit a strong smell when heat to charcoal, but this is not the case at all. It is odour-free and environment friendly. With this, you will not need any kind of lighter fluid, and it will provide more light every time.
- It is very quick to use.
- It works with an odour-free process.
- It is capable of providing light to the charcoal in few mints.
- It needs no more mild liquid.
- It offers excellent value.
- It is a non-brand product.
How To Choose The Best Electric Charcoal Starters?
When it comes to the purchase of charcoal starters, people usually leave out aspects of design and functionality that will lead to further troubles. So you should always keep these aspects in mind at the time of purchase. It is difficult but not impossible to choose the best one among the many products on the market. Let’s know how – we made a list of essential factors that will help you in your purchase.
Here you will mainly get to choose two major types of charcoal starters. Can be found, the first one is the hot air blower, and the second is a hot coil. Both are very simple but are separate based on characteristics.
- Hot air blower: These super-high temperatures heat the charcoal by a constant flow of air, which can cause your charcoal to ignite very quickly. Due to their intensity and control, people prefer to use them more. Their hot air can reach 1256 degrees.
- Hot coil: They use a hot coil attached to a handle to ignite the charcoal. There is no power button provided with these products, plug it in to start and put the coil in a pile of charcoal, and within a short mints, it generates heat in the coils. Their use is very common.
The choice of either of these two may be your personal choice, but keep in mind when choosing Indono, how many watts the element is at will determine the time to ignite the coals. Also make sure it has a high wattage cord, heat resistant handle, and proper cord length.
Safety features are considered an integral part of any electrical device as an improper arrangement of security can put you in a big mess. Therefore, at the time of purchase, it is necessary to check their safety features such as adequate distance from coal, manufacture of anti-flammable materials, temperature control and proper rating of wattage.
The high-quality material of the product gives you many facilities. For example, if you choose stainless steel, you will get rust-resistant power, it is effortless to clean, long-lasting and provides quick ignition. So whenever you buy, go with the right materials.
The length of the cord determines whether you need an extension cord to power the charcoal starter. For example, if you have a charcoal starter with a cord that is only two feet long, and you are going for outdoor cooking where there is no outlet right next to the grill, you need an extension cord to start this. Will be required So the longer the cord is, the better chance you have of reaching the nearest power outlet.
By now, you must have understood how an electric charcoal starter is a useful tool. Now your charcoal is ready to burn completely without using paper, matches or light liquids with it. Now, you should not delay for such a call, so choose the best option for yourself right now and get rid of the traditional way of burning fire.
We hope that this information has been useful to you and that you can get all that you expected from it. For more options, you also check our Best Charcoal Chimney Starter reviews. We will continue to inform you about such great BBQ products even further.
If you want to give any opinion related to these products or have any question in your mind, then you can comment us below, we are always ready to resolve your questions properly.
Thank you for staying till the end.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How Long Can It Take To Start An Electric Charcoal Starter?
Although the ignition time of all-electric starter varies, but in the trial, we found that on average it is at least 8 minutes and the maximum 15 minutes is sufficient for this.
2. How Long Can It Take For A Charcoal Starter To Cool Down?
We can’t specify it because it has no specific time limit. So keep in mind that the longer you leave them to cool, the safer it will be.
3. How Is Electric Starter Better Than Traditional Methods?
It is a pollution-free device that provides about 110 volts of power to operate. It is very simple to use. By using this, you can burn your coals in a few minutes without any match or lighter fluid.