Away from this runaway life of today, when you go on a camping trip to spend a vacation, that moment is the most curious and fun for you. And of course, you would like to stay in this moment for a long time; it is a great feeling.
One of the most important things here, you will crave a delicious meal for an extended period of camping. If you get home-flavoured food in it, then nothing can be better than this. A delicious grilling experience will make your camping more fun.
You will need the best camping grill for this, as the type and quality of your grill can make or spoil the camping experience, providing a meal of mediocre food.
To help ease the search for the best grill, we have created a guide here, in which you will find detailed explanations, features, and properties of some of the most popular portable and camping grills. With this help, you will be able to choose a great option for yourself and enjoy a camping with your family.
So let’s know deeply about those best grills!
Comparison Chart for Top 10 Camping Grills
|Product Name||Cooking Area(sq”)||Weight(lbs)||BTUs|
|Blackstone Table Top||330||31||24,000|
|Camp Chef Explorer||448||30||60,000|
|Coleman Fold N Go||105||10||6,000|
|Weber Smokey Joe||205||9||–|
Which are the 10 Best Camping Grills in 2020?
1. Blackstone Tabletop Portable Grill
The Blackstone Grill is one of the finest options for camping trips. Its 330 square inch cooking space allows you to cook many things at the same time. After use, wipe the stains on it with a paper towel and be ready for the next meal.
Its convenient size facilitates your good portability. Its H style dual burners distribute over 24,000 Btu of heat for optimal cooking over the entire grill. The product is designed and engineered in the USA by people who are users and enthusiasts. It is lightweight, easily portable, and performs excellently with a good price, giving you both versatility and durability.
It is also very easy to use, to burn it you have to power its electric igniter switch, no need to bring an extra pack of matches. It uses a convenient 1 pound propane cylinder for fuel that is easy to carry and easy to source and has a built-in grease catcher. However, at 31 pounds, this is an enormous amount of kit, so consider this model only if you are going to camp in the car.
- It is convenient and portable to carry anywhere.
- It provides huge cooking surfaces with more heating.
- It is compatible with a bulk tank adapter so that you can attach a large LP tank.
- Its starter button ignites simple, quick and painless.
- With this, you can use 1 pound of propane bottles for fuel.
- It is a griddle, not a grill.
- It is slightly higher in weight.
2. Coleman Classic Propane Gas Grill
The Coleman Classic Stove is an incredibly inexpensive and simple grill. It is certainly attractive as a portable cooking device and works similarly to a propane grill. It has two burners, enough to cook almost anything, very quickly, completely, and evenly, with a total of 20, 000 Btu of heat.
This stove is air shielded and has very good ventilation, so you don’t have to worry about a dirty gas taste for your food. On cool days the wind-to-side panel can be folded down for use as a side table.
Its pressure control technology keeps heat-stable for continuous performance even in cold weather, at high altitudes, or when fuel is low. Also, it facilitates a complete fuel combustion process, providing more effective cooking heat to your food with less fuel. Its rotating dial lets you control the burner for precise temp control.
- Its wind resistor panel provides consistent performance.
- It has a high productive cooking capacity with low fuel use.
- It produces 20,000 BTU of power for cooking.
- Its adjustable burner which can control two temperature zones.
- It is ideal for indoor and outdoor cooking activities.
- Its gas line needs improvement.
3. Weber 50060001 Q1000 LP Grill
The Weber Q 1000 is a stylish and modern looking grill that is very simple and easy to use. Ranging from its red auto-ignite power button, porcelain-based cooking grates reflect a superior quality.
Its 189 “square area is enough to host 6 people simultaneously. It can easily fit with some space for 6 large steak sides. It’s an excellent choice for tailgate parties or outdoor cookouts.
Its overall construction is very good, with the lid made from durable cast-aluminium and provides a strong handle for opening and closing. Its frame is a glass-reinforced nylon construction, which is completely corrosion resistant.
It incorporates ergonomic control knobs to control the flame. Its burner distributes 8500 BTU for cooking so that it can grill some large steaks or some burgers.
- It has an easy push auto ignition-er.
- It is designed to be easy to clean with grease trays.
- It is a unique and modern design.
- It has porcelain enamel cast iron cooking boxes.
- It is made with a heavy-duty aluminium.
- It weighs around 27 pounds, which is too heavy for some of this small size.
4. Camp Chef Explorer Double Burner Gas Grill
This 2-burner Explorer Stove lets you prepare anything from all the bacon to grilled or Dutch oven diners. It is a versatile grill and is equipped with many different camp chef’s accessories, from the Professional Grill Box to the Italia Artisan Pizza Oven.
It is an ideal stove for emergency preparedness due to its portability and can provide 15 hours of cooking facilities on a 20-pound LP tank (not included).
This stove is a true outdoor appliance that has strong performance capability. It has a 3-side windscreen that shields some breezes coming your way. Cook a meal for you and some friends or family and enjoy the outdoors with the Camp Explorer 2 burner stove.
- Its two cast-aluminium burners give the power of 6000 BTUs.
- Its three-sided windscreen helps protect the flame from wind.
- The fully adjustable heat-control dials give you more control overheat.
- It includes a regulator and a 3-foot hose for use with a bulk LP tank.
- It has removable legs for portability.
- The screws that hold its legs are made of plastic.
5. Weber 121020 Go-Anywhere Charcoal Grill
The Weber Go-Anywhere is one of the best portable grills on the market designed to make your adventure trip the best it can be. It measures 12.2 inches in length, 21 inches in width, and measures 14.5 inches in height. This 14.5 pound is incredibly light for any grill, especially with such a large grilling zone. In terms of quality too, this grill outshines other products.
It is very easy and simple to use, all you have to do is pull it out, and you are ready to start charcoal. It is almost fully assembled, making it even easier to carry.
Compared to other portable grills, it offers a cooking size of 160 square inches larger, which can easily feed 4 or 5 people without any problems. From burgers to ribs, you can use it for steak, vegetables and sausages.
It will provide better ventilation and allow the charcoal to be exposed more easily. The grates provided in it are excellent at retaining heat and cooking evenly, and the unit has surprisingly good airflow for the price. The only problem we encountered was that it does not use gas because the use of coal is much less convenient than gas, and it takes longer to heat up.
- It comes at an affordable price.
- Its durable construction provides stability.
- It has a large size grilling zone.
- Its assembly is effortless.
- It always provides great results.
- It is difficult to adjust without gloves.
- Charcoal grilling is not a suitable option for everyone.
6. Coleman RoadTrip 285 Portable Stand-Up Grill
The Coleman Roadtrip 285 is one of the great options for a camping grill with strong quick-turning legs, hassle-free setup, takedown and 2 wheels for transport. It includes the Instart ignition button for matchless lighting. You can select heat in it with temperature control of 3 independently durable burners (outer left, inner, external right).
It has porcelain-coated cast-iron grates added and gives 285 square inches of cooking area, providing 3,250 to 20,000 BTU power. You will be able to serve your friends and family meals every time with an array of fully cooked meats, seafood, or vegetables.
Cooking with two sliding side tables to keep utensils and sauces is as convenient as travelling with it. It uses a 1-pound propane cylinder (sold separately).
- It provides grilling power up to 20,000 Btu for cooking.
- It has 3 adjustable burners added for more precise temperature.
- It provides a large grilling area for cooking.
- Its quick-turning legs and wheels make portability easy.
- It has a thermometer for temperature monitoring.
- Its water tray is shallow and long.
7. Cuisinart CGG-180T Petit Gourmet Portable Grill
The Cuisinart 180T Grill is perfect for people who want a convenient way to campers, tailgaters and grill out on the beach. It also has a built-in twist electric ignition system, which saves you from the hassle of a matchbox or stick lighter.
It is coated with non-stick porcelain material. It helps with heat retention and even distribution, as well as viscous stainless steel and chrome-plated grills make grates easier to clean than grates. It also has an internal spill-resistant drip tray.
Its outer surface is coated in a durable red fire-rated paint. Aluminium legs have been added for compact storage and transport which are easily folded. It is a relatively small and inexpensive grill and comes with a very portable weight of 13.5 pounds.
It has a 5,500 BTU stainless steel propane burner added for cooking, providing a consistent uniform heat to the 145-square-inch grill area. It is surprisingly effortless to clean. The grates are carefully coated in a layer of non-stick porcelain, making them very easily clean. Just keep in mind that the porcelain layer is somewhat thin. Therefore, it is best to scratch it with a nylon grill brush instead of wire or metal scraper.
- It is very effortless to clean and maintain.
- It incorporates porcelain-coated non-stick grill grates.
- It provides a 145-square-inch grilling area for cooking.
- It can cook 8 burgers, 8 steaks, 6 to 10 chicken breasts, or 4 pounds of fish.
- Its integrated lid lock protects the grill.
- It is just 13.5 pounds in weight.
- On its weak side is a 5,500 BTU stainless steel propane burner which is slightly shorter.
8. Coleman Fold N Go Portable Gas Grill
The Coleman N+ is a light cook, breakfast, lunch and dinner grill that is locked in an extremely strong bake. Hit the InstaStart push ignition and dial in your heat with an adjustable burner. Its Perfect-Flow technology keeps heat stable at the 6,000 BTUs burner.
It comes with a folding design with a built-in handle. Its Perfect-Flow technology helps ensure stable heat production in any season. With its 105-square-inch cooktop, this outdoor BBQ grill provides a spacious cooking surface that is ideal for grilling for the entire camp.
Also, the dishwasher can have its removable grease tray and grate cleaned. This grill lasts 3.5 hours on a high setting with a 16.4-ounce propane cylinder (sold separately).
- This portable propane grill is easy to use.
- It has a U shaped stainless steel burner of 6000 BTU power.
- Removable porcelain-coated cooking grade has been added to it.
- It has space for preparing food for six people.
- InstaStart electronic ignition is included for a quick start.
- It provides optimal heat with the PerfectFlow pressure control system.
- It is not a great option for continuous use.
9. Coleman Party Liquid Propane Grill
The Coleman Grill is the best choice for your adventure trips, picnics and tailgating parties. Its InstaStart push-button ignition gives you a quick start, and with an adjustable burner, you can dial in the heat. Its PerfectFlow technology keeps heat-stable on an 8,000-BTU burner.
It has a spacious 122sq” area for cooking in which you can prepare your family as well as some friends from grilled veggies to hot dogs. It stays on high for 2.5 hours with a 16.4-ounce propane cylinder (sold separately).
When you are finished grilling, the legs separate and fit inside the grill for convenient transport and storage. This camp grill incorporates dishwasher-safe components making it relax to clean.
- It demonstrates consistency in contrasting conditions with the PerfectFlow technique.
- It has 8000 BTU cooking power and 122sq cooking section.
- It includes removable cooking grate for simple cleaning.
- It is ideal for all picnics and other outdoor activities.
- It includes removable legs for easy storage and travel.
- Its size is not convenient for everyone.
- Its non-stick layer may break over time.
- It uses only 1-pound gas canisters.
10. Weber 10020 Smokey Joe
The Weber Smokey Joe Grill offers you a timeless performance that you can take it anywhere. Weber Grill is a top-notch brand for smokers, providing reliable results every time. It is a style of kettle grill designed to be used with charcoal or wood that you can find pretty much anywhere.
The 14-inch diameter grill provides approximately 205 square inches of grilling space, which is sufficient for most small outings. In this, you can make about 5 burgers at a time. It provides additional insulation with a ceramic coating on solid steel construction and a glossy finish that should not peel or chip over time.
It comes in a total weight of 9.5 pounds which makes portability easier. Its grease drip is perfectly positioned and is easy to remove and clean when necessary. Start your camping with a great handle, and a super low price.
- It offers reasonable prices with superior quality.
- It is super light for portability.
- It is easy to burn coals.
- It provides reliable temperature control every time.
- Weber’s products offer a 10-year limited warranty.
- It is made of thin metal, and no handle is provided on the body, which poses a risk of burns.
How To Choose A Suitable Camping Grill?
If you lack a guide, then choosing the right grill can be a challenge for you. A right guide not only helps you make the right choice but also keeps in mind all the things you need.
A camping grill is only slightly more complex than the small gas grills used in your balconies and patio. You have to be careful in choosing them as they are portable, relatively inexpensive and versatile. Below we have covered some main factors, with the help of which you will be able to choose a suitable option.
It is very important to have a high BTU output in the grill that shows the intensity of your cooking. The BTU output of any grill depends on its cooking surface area. Suppose you have chosen a 300sq” grill, then it requires at least 18, 000 BTU. Apart from this, also take care of how it heats the surface. Too much BTU is a major drawback packaged as an advantage and possibly implies other quality control issues as heat regulation is affected.
Portability is a major factor if you are looking for a camping grill. The best portable grills are packaged in a secure suitcase-style container with good carry handles. The portable grill is also required to have the feet or additional components included inside the grill. It will allow you to travel a certain distance by keeping the grill in the car easily. It is also important to consider the weight of a portable grill so that you can carry it forward easily.
Most manufacturers use the steel material to produce a reasonable level, as it is lightweight, durable and has relatively low conductivity. Also, aluminium is certainly lighter, and cheaper, but conducts heat very well, so it has issues with keeping the grill warm. While steel is suitable for cooktops, ceramic gets better, evenly. Heats up and retains heat when cooled quickly after closing the grill.
Most home grills that you cannot use for camping. So keep in mind that the option you are choosing should be portable and versatile. A versatile grill is ideal for camping as well as home use, on which you will be able to enjoy grilling as per your need and desire. These types of grills maximize the potential for cooking a large variety of foods.
When it comes to the power options of grills, the main consumers choose the propane option. Because the wood can sometimes be hard to fit for cooking and the power is out, for the most part, propane works perfectly for a portable grill. With this, you can ignite the flame easily.
A warranty is important with any grill and its other equipment because with the grill you are on a camping tour where many things can happen to your grill. If a disaster does occur, the possibility of repairing or replacing it provides better reliability.
Open-air cooking is a great experience in itself, with high-quality grills doubling your experience. Hopefully, this guide has given you all the information you wanted to get, and by now, you must have looked for a suitable alternative that is meeting your maximum requirements. We believe you will go with a grill that will provide great satisfaction to your camping experience.
We are always interested in what products our customers are choosing so that in future we will keep telling you about similar reliable products.
If you have any question in mind or want to make a comment related to the product, then visit the comment box below, we are eager to hear your thoughts.
With these words, we rest our thoughts and hope that you can enjoy your camping with the best product.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Is The Difference Between A Grill And Stove?
A stove usually directs the cooking surface to a specific point where you will be able to place utensils and pans to cook your food. On the other hand, a grill will have a large surface area of cooking where you use the entire stage for cooking.
2. What Is The Difference Between A Grill And Griddle?
The griddle has a smooth, flat surface. It is a solid plate. In contrast, the grill has uniquely protruding ridges that open in the middle to allow the food to cook directly at the heat source.
3. What accessories are required for a camping grill?
Accessories make your camping experience easy, and it is important to make sure that you have the right items. It includes a utensil set which is important for easy use. In addition to this, you have a heat resistant glove and grill table.