Grilling is a better and advanced type of cooking that usually involves dry heat applied to the food surface from the top, bottom, or armpit. Grilling usually means a significant amount of direct, radiant heat, and is used for cooking meat and vegetables quickly.
In the United States, when the heat source for grilling comes from above, grilling is called brilling. In this case, the food holding pan is called a broiler pan, and heat transfer occurs through thermal radiation. Grilled meat acquires a distinctive roast aroma and flavour that is obtained by a chemical process known as the Maillard reaction. The Maillard reaction only occurs when foods reach temperatures above 310 ° F.
There are mainly two types of gas grills in which people quite use Covered Grills and Open Grills. Today we are going to give you information about Open Grill. A high quality flat top gas grill griddle station will match your taste as well as the convenience that a busy person like you is looking for. Those grills provide the welcoming comfort of igniting the heat while fading away with the often time-consuming process of lighting a fire.
Flat top gas grill griddle station is going to fulfil every desire that is related to your taste. Now whether you are thinking of having a backyard party, to spice up your next hike or to get younger members of your family ready for your next family outdoor cooking, it will be better served for you everywhere.
Comparison Chart for Top 10 Best Flat Top Grills
|Product||BTUs||Burners||Cooking Area (sq-in)|
|EVO Pro Series||48000||2||707|
|Camp Chef 900||72000||6||877|
|Blackstone Table Top||12000||1||268|
|Blackstone Outdoor 36inch||60000||4||720|
|Blackstone Outdoor 28inch||30000||2||470|
|Camp Chef 600||48000||4||501|
|Royal Gourmet GD401C||48000||4||584|
|Royal Gourmet PD1300||25000||3||325|
|Blaze LTE 30-Inch||36000||2||495|
Which are the 10 Best Flat Top Grills In 2020?
1. EVO Pro Series Gas Grill
The Evo Series Gas Grill offers a uniquely versatile grilling machine to enhance your patio and BBQ experience. They are manufactured by the entire stronger stainless steel, which is a long-lasting and durable element.
It provides 48,000 BTU dual burners with variable temperature power of 225 to 550 degrees Fahrenheit for cooking. It has a solid cooking surface constructed from black oil seasoned steel, which provides a heavy-duty cooktop, which captures heat very well. This griddle surface is 30 inches in diameter to offer a strong 650 square inch on the cooking surface controlled by all burner knobs.
External burners work better for heat from edge to edge as well. The stainless steel drip pan is designed to enclose the griddle surface and hold spillovers. In contrast, the spillover tray at the bottom of the drip pan is removable and dishwasher safe to provide a convenient and efficient cleaning.
The electronic starter is located under the burner to give one-touch ignition to both burners allowing you to start it easy. At the same time, the flame portals just below the cooking surface show the burner to monitor the flames.
With a durable stainless steel lid, you can roast, steam, warm or smoke food and also have an adjustable vent that lets out steam and vapour while cooking. The grill cart has the same heavy-duty stainless steel construction with propane tank shield, rubber wheels and handles for easy manoeuvrability.
- This propane gas grill comes on a luxurious car.
- It is manufactured by heavy-duty 304 stainless steel.
- This provides you with a solid oil-cooked cooking surface for best quality results.
- It has dual circular burners with internal and external knobs.
- It provides one-touch electronic ignition.
- Each of its facilities and building materials is premium.
- It is quite easy to use.
- It is outstanding for pre seasoned.
- Its oil management, heat management and ignition are incredibly well appreciated.
- The best thing about it is that it is providing you with an open area to cook.
- Price is extremely high.
2. Camp Chef Flat Top Grill 900
The Flat Top Grill 900 is the storehouse of a gas grill griddle station, capable of pumping large amounts of food in no time. Use the flat top griddle as a blank canvas. It offers you the option to cook, grill, or cook fast and simply with a unique grilling location.
The 877 square in. cooking capacity makes the Flat Top Grill ideal for large family gatherings, business parties, church cookouts, catering events, sewing or cooking at home. The FTG900 heats food evenly due to the large griddle and heat-dispersed grill design. The best thing about this grill is that it gives you versatility. Great for making pancakes, bacon, sausages, veggies, and even for heating water pots.
If you are looking for a rogue griddle station for your backyard, Camp Chef Flat Top Grill 900 is a better option for you. The heat diffusion plate below the cooking surface also ensures heat distribution while the 6 independently controlled burners allow you to create 6 different cooking areas. This flat-top grill is a great thing when you need to serve huge amounts of food to feed a hungry crowd.
- It is the best choice of the flat top griddle station.
- It is a true-sized surface, non-stick and ready to cook.
- It has six 12,000 BTUs / Hr. Stainless steel burners are fitted.
- It has a matchless ignition system.
- It has a grease management system for easy cleaning.
- It comes with a holder for propane gas tank.
- It also has an adjustable foot lever.
- It also comes with a folding side tables.
- The drain hole is slightly smaller and can be filled easily.
- It requires more maintenance.
3. Blackstone Table Top Grill
We love this mini version of the Blackstone designed to give you a similar feel to its large cooking surface but with a much smaller footprint. This is great for 17 encoded small workspaces. This is great for cooking a stack of pancakes in the morning or a pile of burgers on weekends.
Its tiny size makes it easily portable, so when you go on a picnic or go for a camping trip with the family, you will be able to take it easy. It provides 260 square inches of cooking space with single stainless steel, 12,000 BTU H-burner.
It is quick to start and heat up to the selected temps and can be cleaned with a quick wipe of cold-rolled steel grilled surface of a paper towel. This includes a built-in, easy to hold empty grease and a 1lb propane gas tank. If you are looking for some lightweight option that can travel with you on your adventures, then this will be perfect for you.
- It is ideal for small families.
- This guarantees price savings.
- It is portable, compact, and lightweight.
- It is designed to run on 1-lbs bottles.
- The burner allows constant heat flow, both indoor or outdoor.
- It has a very durable and strong grill slate.
- The unit is designed for easy, easy storage.
- It is very easy to simple and clean.
- It does not come with its cleaning equipment that may have to be purchased separately.
4. Blackstone 36 inch Outdoor Flat Top
Blackstone has recently added a bunch of fun new features to its line. The unit comes equipped with Blackstone’s new and improved side tables, which gives the user a removable cutting board, convenient paper towel holder, and strategically placed garbage bag hooks.
Mess Blackstone’s new rear grease management system helps eliminate mess. The overall cooking area largely measures 720 square inches. It provides 4 independently controlled burners in each of 15,000 BTU in total with 60,000 BTU.
The Blackstone also has a removable grilled top. All four legs of the grill are folded, so this is an excellent pick if you’re looking for something portable and travelling with you to make or grill something favourite in the park. It is constructed primarily with stainless steel including burners, frames, and cooktops that will help maximize durability.
- It is made of hardened steel.
- It has 4 independently controlled burners.
- It offers a total of 60, 000 BTUs to feed you.
- It features electric push-button ignition for a quick start.
- This provides you with a 720 sq-inch large cooking surface.
- It is ready to operate with a 20lb propane tank.
- This unit does not come with a grill cover.
- This unit doesn’t come with its cleaning equipment.
5. Blackstone 28 inch Outdoor Flat Top Gas
Blackstone portable outdoor flat top gas grill that is ready to make your picnic, tailgating, camping, barbecue, and pool party great. You must enjoy preparing meals outside with it. This is among the versatile pieces you will find and is ideal or most settings. We love the small impact nature that improves portability and handling. You do not have to use too much effort. Like the rest of the painted pieces, it has good heat production and distribution.
Furthermore, it illuminates the fascinating fact and maintains a steady flame throughout. These are a huge range of options to suit every possible grilling style, and the 28-inch option is another solid pick and has 470 square inches of cooking space. It provides 2 stainless steel burners with 15,000 BTU power each for a total of 30,000 stainless BTUs. Battery-operated push-button ignition makes a start-up fast and easy.
Like all Blackstone grills, this model is built with a powder-coated black steel frame. It is also simple to clean, greatly reducing the post-meal workload. There is also a lower rake for storing main grilling requirements and two side shelves.
- It is made of hardened steel.
- It has 2 independently controlled burners.
- It provides power up to 30,000 BTU for cooking.
- It also incorporates Easy Start electric push-button ignition.
- Its slim profile makes it a good fit in tight areas.
- It is also quite easy to transport around.
- It has a cooking area of 470 square inches, which is a great size for the entire family.
- Reasonable for the price.
- The dripping grease system on this grill can mess up cooking.
- Not an appropriate choice for those who like smokey flavours.
6. Camp Chef Flat Top Grill 600
In the category of Flat Top Grill, the FTG600 is a versatile and budget-friendly product that provides a large surface area for cooking. It comes with an interchangeable steel top that can convert between grill gates and a flat top griddle for breakfast favourites.
Its total cooking area is 604 square inches on the grill and 501 square inches for the grill, powered by four adjustable stainless steel burners at 12,000 BTU each for 48,000 BTUs of total cooking power. Camp Chef designed the burner to create a heat zone so that you can make some hash browns using different temp at the same time. The design aims to distribute heat evenly so that you can experience warmer games with the FTG600 and enjoy a reliable, restaurant-grade cooking experience.
Camp Chef also offers two-room side shelves for prepaid work and relax stacks of burgers as you finish a line of hot dogs. It has an easy electronic push-button ignition system for a fast start.
The grease management system is also designed for ease of use and is less hassle and quick to use. It becomes very important to consider this when you are cooking a large amount of food in a short time. Roller wheels are attached to the underside of the grill so you can keep it mobile, while movable leg levellers keep your grilling surface flat and strong.
- This gives you a large 604 square inch surface of cooking.
- It has four stainless steel burners.
- It has a electric spark system for a quick start.
- The oil management system in it collects dripping for easy cleaning.
- It has roller wheels for convenient transportation.
- It gives you a holder to lock propane tank.
- It has a total power output of 48,000 BTUs/Hr for cooking.
- Its grill cover is sold separately at an additional cost.
- The price may be slightly higher for some.
7. Royal Gourmet GD401C Portable Gas Griddle
Royal Gourmet believes that you should not choose between one or the other with your GD401C best portable propane gas grill and grilled combo. It has propane fired cast iron grill with stainless steel burners on one side, and a classic propane grill on the other side. It also has a built-in grease channel.
It is designed to redirect any dripping pan that is fairly easy to remove and clean. The Royal Gourmet GD401C was technically intended to be designed and portable, which he can use in this way. Just keep in mind that it weighs a little over 100 pounds. It also measures 66.1 x 21.8 x 43.7 inches. Therefore, you can take a tape measure to ensure that it will fit on the trunk, tailgate, or the back of your car.
- Its burner can be adjusted independently to create 4 different heat zones.
- Its folding shelf and castor wheel make the grill easy to rotate and store.
- Its dual cooking surface enhances the versatility of your cooking.
- Its removable oil drip cup makes cleaning easy and convenient.
- Its metal side shelves provide enough workspace to prepare your food.
- It has 4 stainless steel burners with an output of 12,000 BTU.
- Two side shelves are provided for your essentials.
- Its gas grill portion does not come with a lid.
- The size of its grill is slightly smaller.
8. Royal Gourmet PD1300 Portable Grill Griddle
The Royal Gourmet PD1300 is one of the best outdoor griddles on the market, which will accompany you everywhere. It provides great heat distribution as well as quick heating and is also easy to operate. It also guarantees the cook well and quickly.
The unit is efficient in saving energy and also has a good cooking size of 23.6L x 13.4W inches. It provides you with up to 316 square inches of cooking surface. The unit is powered by propane gas and also comes with three separate controlled burners. Each saves 9,000 BTU, and all will undoubtedly generate up to 27,000 BTU.
It allows you to cook different meals at the same time and is active with bacon, fish, meat, frankincense, vegetable and more. Also, it is manufactured from steel to take care of the duties as well as the external environment. Also, it has a porcelain enamel coating for added beauty and easy cleaning. Durable design and fantastic style are some of its major selling points. We like the smooth design as well as smooth operation and fast ignition.
- This guarantees you a savings price.
- It is compact, portable and fairly lightweight.
- It is designed to run on a 20-pound propane tank.
- It can be used both indoors or outdoor cooking.
- Its control panel is made with stainless steel which is easy to clean.
- Let’s make it easy to start.
- Its 3 burners give you the option of using 3 different settings to grill your food at just the right temperature at the same time.
- It is better for one or two persons only.
- This doesn’t include cleaning equipment.
9. Cuisinart CGG-501 Gourmet Gas Griddle
Cuisinart CGG-501Gourmet This small size grill is very convenient to use. It is made from steel to withstand external, elements, heat and constant movement and use, and is one of the most energy-efficient units. This helps fuel less expenditure. And despite excellent efficiency, it generates decent heat to handle anything thrown in its way.
Each burner produces 10,000 BTU; 2 units will give 20,000 BTUs. This ensures that the food cooks well so that you can enjoy the taste of the food to the fullest. With a 285-square-inch cooking surface, it should handle a good amount of food. It also comes with an easy to operate ignition, which is well placed and works well.
Furthermore, it has decent hit control for best results. The grille is made of extra-thick steel and feels firm and strong. It is not shaken or in use. You also get a built-in hose that is designed to work with a 20lb LP tank.
- Its thick, cold-rolled steel cooking surface is given.
- The two independent burners present in it give ultimate control overheat.
- It has a twist-start ignition and built-in pipe for a 20 lb LP tank.
- It has enough room (285 square inches) for steak food.
- It is ideal for decks, courtyards, balconies and RVs.
- Some say that the griddle top is peeling and metal peacocks are going into the food.
10. Blaze LTE 30-Inch Griddle
The amazing versatility of Blaze Grilled allows you to cook sizzling fizzes with bacon and eggs, juicy hamburgers or rice and vegetables for the whole family. This blaze built-in natural gas grill provides two commercial quality.
It is made with a 304 stainless steel U-burner that provides a 495 square inch stainless steel cooking surface. It provides a total power of 36,000 BTUs to cook meal better and push-and-throw flame-through primary ignition, backup flash tube secondary ignition and cross tube ensure a steady, reliable flame with every start.
A large capacity grease tray with a hole in the centre directs the grease to the bottom drip tray for easy cleaning. This ETL certified gas grill is made entirely with 304-grade stainless steel and includes a stainless steel lid to cover the grill plate when not in use.
- It has enough space (495 sq. Inch) to cook properly.
- Finish your outdoor kitchen by adding a built-in blaze natural gas grill with it.
- It is equipped with a full-width grease trough.
- It features two commercial quality, stainless steel U-shaped burners, push and twist flame-thrower primary ignition, backup flash tube secondary ignition and a reliable flame starting cross tube.
- It is paired with a heavy-duty, lid made with 304 stainless steel when it is not in use.
- Each of its U-shaped burners generates 36,000 BTUs of electricity across the entire cooking surface.
- Higher in price.
How To Choose The Best Flat Top Grills?
Some things are very important to pay attention to the time when shopping for the greatest flat top grill. Here are some things that we are telling you so that you can easily select a suitable option and grill them for a long time:
Before choosing a grill, look at your family members and your friends. If you are going to take it with a small family, then choose one of the following. Similarly, choose the medium and big size according to your convenience. There are quite a few products here; all of them have different surface measurements. As with any grill, you need to consider how much cooking space you need on a regular basis. If you want to feed a family reunion or a big tailgating party, you probably want something that can handle a little more food at one time.
We believe the flat top grill is a great way to cook food, but it also has some drawbacks. That is, it is really hard to get that foggy traditional BBQ flavour with your food. With this in mind, it is essential to think about what kind of food is being made and the results you want to achieve.
I see the flat top grill as a piece of equipment requiring a piece of the big puzzle and want to rely solely on it for all my grilling needs. You can also get both types of results with a combination grill. Some of the best smooth surface grill lists above show both a flat top and a traditional grilling surface in one unit, which can be the right choice for you.
Easy to carry
It is also important to keep in mind the mobility of your flat top grill during your purchase. Also check, is it just for cooking at home? Or useful in picnic or advance with you. Flat surface grills are one of the best sections of portable grills, and there are a ton of options on grilling. Just make sure that you have a manageable weight and profile for the way you buy.
The prices of the products given in this article range from the lowest to the highest. You can buy them according to your convenience. Price is a big factor in any purchase decision. For flat-top grills as a whole, the prices are quite reasonable compared to other types of grills. Of course, if you want a professional-grade flat top grill, you can look into more dollars.
I hope this information has been useful to you and you can buy a great alternative. By choosing the best outdoor options, you are assured of a pleasant experience. If you are with a proper unit, then it will start fast and maintain continuous performance. This will provide decent heat.
Also, it handles a wide variety of food, including bacon, burgers, beef, pastries, veggies, and more. Another reason for choosing the right product is conserving heat and saving fuel as well as time. The top choices are very versatile and work well in many situations. You can use them for hiking, camping, hunting, etc.
Also, they are made of durable materials to use are easy to clean. In simple words, they are perfect. So now, without delay, choose from the above options based on your requirement and enjoy the best taste. Thank you…
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are Flat Top Grills Better?
It works with a flat top that is similar to a grill. It helps to burn fat and excess oil. It is made in such a way that the grill does not take long to heat and it is prepared to cook eggs, pancakes, burgers, etc. by heating it. This is a good room for cooking many types of food at once.
2. What Is The Difference Between Griddle and grill?
The difference between these two is quite obvious; the griddle has a smooth, flat surface. The grill, in contrast, has uniquely protruding ridges if it is a solid plate, or opens in the middle to allow the food to cook directly on the heat source. Grilling uses a higher temperature than cooking.
3. Is it healthy to cook on a grill?
Yes, eating these is good for better and healthier. If we talk about the benefits of the grill and griddles cooking: the taste of healthy food, ideal for summer lunch or light meals. The foods are not fried but are cooked in their juice, without adding fat.
4. What Is The Difference Between Grill And Griddle?
The main difference in grill and griddle is their surface – the grid has a smooth, flat surface. The grill has uniquely raised ridges. The griddle is a solid plate, or opening in the middle, allowing the food to cook directly on the heat source. Grilling uses a higher temperature than cooking.