The best affordable gas grill is an option that helps you cook delicious meals without going through the stress. The gas grill is also very easy to control. You can set the temperature according to your needs and taste.
Today consumers are switching to gas grills for several reasons. For one, using gas is cleaner and more efficient than that, there is no need to wait for your coals to burn; With a gas grill, you can cook immediately and enjoy your meal.
Whether you are looking for your first gas grill or you are shopping for a replacement, we have options to suit your every need.
This gas grill often becomes more useful in places where electric appliances do not work—for example, a picnic spot, along the beach or with friends at the backyard. Of course, you will not want to lose this wonderful moment.
To make your moment even better, we have selected for you the best gas grills on the market, which will get you under $500.
Top 10 Gas Grills Under $500
|Product Name||Weight (lbs)||Cooking Area(sq”)||Main Burners|
|Royal Gourmet GD401C||101||584||4|
|Dyna-Glo Smart Spacen||68||390||3|
|Monument Grills 17842||109||513.3||4|
Which are the 10 Best Gas Grills Under $500 in 2020?
1. Coleman RoadTrip 285 Portable Stand-Up Grill
The Coleman Roadtrip 285 Portable Stand-Up liquid propane gas grill offers its robust quick-turning legs, hassle-free setup, takedown, and a 2-wheel lift for transportation, so it’s easy to move your grill on a camping trip or at a tailgate.
Push the Instart ignition button for matchless lighting, then select your heat with enhanced temperature control of 3 independently adjustable burners—3,250 to 20,000 BTU and 285 Sq in a piece of porcelain-coated grill.
With key grilling power, you’ll wow your friends and family with an array of perfectly cooked meats, seafood, or vegetables every time. If you are looking for more food options, Swaptop interchangeable cooktops let you switch grill gates with grill or stove grate. With two sliding side tables for placing utensils and sauces, cooking with this grill is as convenient as travelling with it.
- It provides you with 20,000 total BTU power for cooking.
- It also comes with better burner technology for more specific temperature control.
- It has a vast grill area (285 sq in).
- It features quick-turning legs and wheels.
- It also incorporates a thermometer for accurate temperature monitoring.
- It also has push-knob ignition for matchless lighting.
- Some users have reported that its water tray is shallow and long.
2. Weber 45010001 Spirit II E-310
The Weber Portable 45010001 Spirit II E-310 is a gas grill that gives you more space to cook meals. This is a portable gas grill that you want to cook in your backyard or patio. It is one of the most updated Weber grills with the Gs4 grilling feature. It provides a great grilling experience while leaving its weber q3200 liquid propane grill version behind.
It has fitted Infinity ignition, porcelain-coated flavorizer bars and a grease management system for easy cleaning. This gives you 529 square inches of space for cooking on three burners. You can make three large chickens, sausages or five racks of ribs on this large dining area.
The lid efficiently covers the burner to maintain temperature and flavour. It has an open-cart design with a storage area at the bottom, and large wheels for smooth movement on grass or ruff road.
- It has given easy access to the gas tank.
- It also includes the Gs4 grilling system.
- The grease management system is provided for its easy cleaning and maintenance.
- Its cast-iron grates retain heat better and seal the taste of grilled food.
- This includes porcelain enameled cast iron cooking grates.
- It comes with a side work surface and a bottom rack.
- It is made of quite durable material.
- Pushing it can feel a bit heavy.
- It does not give enough heat for a thick steak.
3. Blackstone Outdoor Flat Top Gas Grill
The Blackstone Outdoor Flat Top Gas Grill provide a total of two burners and 470 square inches of cooking space. Each burner provides 15,000 BTUs, for a total of 30,000. Because you can control the temperature for different sides of the griddle, it is possible to cook different types of food at the same time.
You can easily make a wide range of foods on it. There is a side table that adds extra space for you where you can prepare your meal. Under the side table is where you will attach the propane tank.
This can work well for those who want to throw events and have lots of them. It also opens up a range of foods that you can easily cook, such as eggs and bacon. It is ready to make your cooking process even better, easier.
- It gives you restaurant-style cooking experience.
- This flat top gives a wide space (470 sq in) for grilling.
- It is very easy to use and assemble.
- You can transport it with ease.
- This grill is made with a powder-coated black steel frame, stainless steel burner and thick cold rolled steel cooktop.
- It has two independently controlled 15,000 BTU stainless steel burners.
- You have to put more effort into cleaning this grill.
- If you like the smokey taste, then this is not ideal for you.
4. Char-Broil Performance TRU-Infrared 3-Burner Cart Style Gas Grill
This Char-Broil Performance Gas Grill, manufactured by Char-Broil, is installed in a luxurious small, 3 burner, but one of the lower price points for this list.
The primary cooking area is 450 square inches giving you a wide breast. It is also equipped with a 150-square” warming rack, perfect for toasting buns or keeping a heap of burgers hot while eliminating some hot dogs.
It also includes an optional side burner cabinet and has also added a lower cabinet to hide the propane tank and provide a little extra storage. The cooking grinder is porcelain-coated and comes with a quick and easy electronic ignition system.
Altogether BTU has 44,000 in three burners, with 10,000 only for the lidded side burners. Infrared technology allows the grill to heat faster and more evenly for better cooking and eating experience. Most of its construction is of stainless steel which will support you for a long term.
- It is an affordable option.
- It is built with attractive stainless steel.
- It has two wheels for easy transportation.
- It includes the primary 3 and 1 side burner.
- The flare ups is almost non-existent with this grill.
- It may take some time to clean it.
5. Cuisinart CGG-180T Petit Gourmet Tabletop Gas Grill
If you are looking for a portable grill, then the Cuisinart CGG-180T can be a best option for you. It just 13.5lbs in weight, and this portable gas grill is capable of offering 145 square inches of grilling area. This grill has some best features. Regardless of the size, you’ll find that it’s still going to cook evenly, as you’d expect from a large grill.
Grill features a single burner that is very easy to use, and you can set up and down the grill in a matter of seconds. The grill also has an integrated lock, which is supposed to help secure the lid. If you have a small space, and you still like to grill, this may be the ideal solution for you.
- Its porcelain enamelled grates give you a huge cooking surface.
- Its 5,500 Btu burner dispenses heat and efficiently.
- It has electric ignition for a quick start.
- An adjusted precise temperature gauge is provided in its lid.
- It is small enough to take up any space from being small in size.
- Durable folding legs are provided for its easy storage.
- It gets quite hot.
- It is not ideal for a large group.
6. Fuego Professional Propane Gas Grill
The Fuego Professional Grill is a rare type of grill that uses a special design to make. The user-friendly grill distributes 26,000 BTUs of heat in a 415 square inch primary cooking surface and a 110 square” warming rack that can prepare 20 burgers at once. The lid has a hood that serves as a windbreak while cooking with your life.
This versatile grill boasts plenty of features inside, including a safe and smooth rolling of the grill, clapping door, and remnant tray. There is dual-zone burner system, hood hinges with a lid, warming rack and a non-marking caster wheel for a 9-inch grilling height under the lid, which can be used for storage of beverages. To hide the gas cylinder, it has a beautiful mesh attached to the front. Along with the beautiful look, it is also very easy to use. All you need to get started is a box cutter and a Phillips screwdriver.
With the use of only 20 fasteners, you’ll be grilling in no time. It fits in any courtyard or balcony. It only takes 5 minutes to heat your Fuego grill to 500F – perfect for steering steak. Concentrated burners allow you to cook on direct or indirect heat, and overall temps range from 250 – 700 F. The lid strategically placed at a 45-degree angle prevents you from reaching directly on the hot grill. That is, it will fulfil almost every requirement of you completely.
- It provides total cooking space of 525 Sq. inches (415 square and 110 square inch warming rack in main grilling top surface).
- It has a portable design with a 24 “x 24” closed lid, which is excellent for your patio or balcony.
- Its dual burners produce 26, 500 Btu / hr.
- It comes with an absorbent tray that makes cleaning easier.
- There is a marking caster wheel for easy movement of the grill.
- It has an electronic ignition for fast heat distribution.
- Its plastic accessory tray flickers and is not very strong.
- The price tag is high.
7. Kenmore 3 Burner Outdoor Patio Gas BBQ Propane Grill
The Kenmore grill that gives you a stylish and spacious look. This finely designed pedestal grille comes with a compact pedestal base and provides 512 square inches of unmodified cooking space while packing the power of 30,000 BTUs.
It features foldable side shelves for efficient storage, when not in use and plenty of shelf space for convenient food, there are 6 tool hooks for easy access to cooking utensils, which include this grill. Make it an attractive option for small outdoor locations. The enclosed cabinet has a propane tank securely.
This 3-burner propane gas grill has many convenient features such as electronic ignition for quick and easy lighting of 3 – premium stainless steel burners, porcelain-coated iron for exceptional heat retention and even cooking. The cook, a durable layer of the porcelain-enamel lid, and a stainless steel heat protection handle. It features 2 wheels and a push bar for easy manoeuvrability once the grill is set to the desired location with 2 adjustable legs for added stability. 1 year limited, 5 years on stainless steel burners.
- Its firebox is 24 inches, x 17 inches.
- Its 3-burners create a total heat of up to 30,000 BTU.
- It also has 2 porcelain coated cooking boxes.
- It has folding side shelves for more storage.
- The temperature gauge is provided in its hood.
- It starts with electronic ignition.
- It may take extra time to assemble.
8. Royal Gourmet GD401C Propane Flat Top Gas Grill
Royal Gourmet GD401 Premium 4-Burner Folding Gas Grill & Grilled Combo We have a great gas grill, with grill and grilled, reliable temperature, easy to move and electronic ignition. If you want to be more efficient when grilling, a gas grill is better than a charcoal grill. There are four burners, each with 12000 BTUs.
Grill your favourites with powerful and durable burners that heat up quickly. It provides plenty of grilling that is sufficient for a large gathering. We fit over 20 hamburger patties on priority areas, which is fine for 8 to 10 people to use. Also, it provides a side shelf and down shelf for furnishing and working space. Also, it has a removable grease tray that is easy to clean.
It is built with best quality, heavy-duty full stainless steel control panel and double-layer lid enhances its luxurious appearance, rust-resistant and simplifies cleaning. Most importantly, this grill has a dual cooking surface with grill and versatile flat Gradle interchange.
- It has a large cooking surface covered.
- The folding carriage frame allows for convenient transportation and compact storage and is easy to assemble.
- Four stainless steel burners with 12,000 BTUs each set up 4 different cooking zones.
- It has a built-in grease channel with a removable drip tray to make cleaning easier.
- It has hooks for hanging grill tools.
- There is no side burner in it.
9. Dyna-Glo DGB390SNP-D Grill
The Dyna-Glo DGB390SNP-D Smart Space Living Gas Grill is specially designed to fit on small decks and patties, which allows style, efficiency and high-performance cooks to expect when investing in outdoor grills.
Stainless steel and black coloured steel end caps and total cooking space 507 square inches, (3) stainless steel tube burners provide 12,000-Btu each (36,000 total) and (3) enamel steel protected by heat tents – Heat evenly. An electric pulse activates the ignition burner, which is controlled by a dial to adapt the heat temperature to your specific needs.
Easy to clean, enamelled cooking grates provide 390-square inches of primary cooking space. Additional 117-square inches are available through a raised secondary warming rack. The hood has an easy lift handle to open the lid and is designed with a double-wall liner to retain heat.
- It has beautiful cast-iron gates.
- It has 3 main commercial standard burners.
- It provides heat of 36000 Btu for cooking.
- It is manufactured with a superior design.
- It is easy to clean.
- It has an electronic ignition system.
- It may take longer to assemble.
10. Monument Grills 17842 Propane Gas Grill
The Monument Gas Grill is the most powerful grill with 4 burners, which provides up to 72,000 BTUs for cooking and extra side burner for additional work.
It has a total cooking space of 723 square inches, with 513 primary and 210 square inch luxurious warming racks. It is constructed with a high process. It is paired with an all stainless steel housing and blue LED knob lighting for cooking in the dark.
It provides pilotless one-knob click ignition for easy temperature monitoring for easy start-ups, porcelain-coated cast-iron grates, and built-in thermometer. Stainless steel flame tamers maintain heat distribution throughout the cooking surface for continuous cooking.
This gives plenty of prep space with 2 stainless steel side shelves with hooks for all your grill tools. The cart style base provides additional storage and keeps the propane tank hidden from view.
- It has 4 stainless steel burners to deliver
- powerful heat and performance.
- It has a wide cooking area.
- Porcelain-coated cast iron cooking grates.
- The electronic ignition system initiates it.
- The built-in centre mounted thermometer monitors the temperature inside the grill.
- It also includes zinc-coated sheet grease trays with rear access, a removable catch pan, coated enclosed steel cabinet.
- It also includes 2 stainless steel shelves with tool hooks.
- Stains on it are easily visible.
- Wheel locks are sometimes not attached.
How To Choose The Best Gas Grills Under 500?
If you are a beginner, you may have to face difficulties while buying a grill as the market is full of options. I have defined here the most common gas grill terms for you. Please read and understand them so that you know what each grill offers, and how each grill may fit your needs.
BTU here means “British thermal unit that relies primarily on the temperature inside the grill and uses it for its healing capabilities and fuel consumption rate. Grills with high BTU counts still eat poorly”. Will cook if it does not have proper insulation and a high-quality cooking grinder. You can hear that grills are best to see with around 100 Btu per cooking space. Nowadays, grills are engineered for efficiency, so for grills, It is okay to be slightly less than 100 BTU per square inch.
Burners have an important role in any gas grill. These are important because they control how hot your grill gets, and how long it takes to warm up. In most cases, a 3 burners grill will heat up more quickly than a 2 burners grill only. The more your grill burns, the more precise control is over the temperature of different areas of your grill. This feature is called “infinite control valve adjustment”. This allows you to create a “heat zone” on your grill. Fire zones are various zones of high and low temperatures on the surface of your grill. They are useful for cooking different types of food at the same time. Some grills also have a “side burner” located outside the grill on one of the side tables. These burners give an additional cooking area to reduce the sauce or heat more food while you grill. Here if you are going near a gas grill with a small family, then a 2 burner gas grill may be ideal for you.
Cooking grates refers to the surface on which your cook food. In addition to burners, cooking grates are also an important part of the grill. It would be best if you only bought grill with cast iron or stainless steel cooking. These two materials are the easiest to clean, and they resist corrosion.
- Stainless Steel:- Stainless steel grill grates do not rust and are easier to clean than cast iron pieces. Looks great, but they don’t hold heat as well as cast iron.
- Cast iron:- Cast iron retains heat better than stainless steel, but it can be a little harder to clean.
Propane Vs Natural Gas
If we compare these two, then it is easier to install a propane tank than natural gas. You need to buy a tank and attach it to your grill. Propane and natural gas both have lower CO2 emissions and smaller carbon footprint, making them more environmentally friendly than gasoline, kerosene, or charcoal. Although natural gas is a bit cleaner than propane, the setup is more difficult because you have to hook your grill up to the gas line. If you do not already have one, you will need to install it before using your machine.
These are knobs you rotate to adjust the heat of your grill. There is usually a control valve for each burner.
It is best to get a grill with a control valve made of stainless steel instead of plastic. These will last longer and resist rust.
The ignition switch is the button that starts the grill by illuminating your burner. An electric switch is best because it means you have to light the grill with a match manually. High-quality battery-powered ignition switches are the best as they do not break easily.
First of all, when you select and buy one of the above best grills, it is going to come with an owner’s manual. This usually relates to information on how to operate the grill properly, and what you need to do to keep the grill clean. It is always a best idea to follow the manufacturer’s instructions so that the grill will support you for a long time. Conversely, without proper maintenance, you may find that the food begins to heat up unevenly or the temperature is too low.
Now that you have a better understanding of the various options available for a gas grill, and you know what to look for when you are making your choice, it should be easy what you need. Start looking for your new grill today, so you can start cooking and enjoy some best outdoor food soon afterwards.
Now we give this review a complete stop. If you have any suggestions or questions, please write us a comment box below.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are Stainless Steel or Porcelain Grills Better?
Porcelain-enamelled cast iron cooking boxes generally have better and longer heat than other types, making them desirable for those who need bold seared marks. Stainless steel cooking grinders can last for long-term if they are properly maintained.
2. Are Porcelain Grill Gates Safe?
This can expose the metal to moisture and result in corrosion over time. This is especially true of coated cast iron, although coated steel can also develop problems.
3. Is Food On A Rusted Grill Harmful?
A grill with rust is not safe, as rust can stick to food; A grating with slight surface corrosion can be cleaned and treated to continue use. While ingestion of food may not be likely to result from ingestion corrosion, continuous ingestion to the intestinal tract can be problematic.