The Kamado Kooker, a grill with its ceramic body, features better heat retention, unlike a metal charcoal grill. This egg-shaped grill provides delicious smoky flavour as well as excellent grilling. These smokers are capable of running low and slow at temperatures and are beyond the capabilities of a gas grill at high heat levels.
Were you looking for this? If yes, then you have reached the right place because here we are going to tell you about the best Kamado grill in the market who are not only the best but also the owners of the infinite features.
In this guide, we have reviewed the top 10 models on the market, explaining the pros and cons, quality, and features. All these products are popular, advanced, and proven that will give you the best pleasure experience.
We hope that by the end of this article, you will surely know which kamado grill is the best for you. So let’s start this unique discovery.
Top 10 Kamado Grills
Which are the 10 Best Kamado Grills in 2020?
1. Weber 18501001 Summit Grill
Weber Summit is a great tool for a chimney starter process that eliminates the laborious process of burning coal. It looks more like a traditional charcoal barbecue than other ceramic grills.
It provides 452 square inches of surface area for cooking, with a large 24” diameter grill. Despite the large capacity, it is 111 pounds in weight. It is made of traced porcelain-enamel steel without ceramics, and the double-wall kettle is insulated from the air, making it surprisingly lightweight and an efficient holder of heat. Its other parts are made of stainless steel or aluminium.
The summit incorporates many commendable features. The ash drawer is a nice, dirt-resistant touch. The fuel grate can be kept for grilling at high temperatures or lowered and slowed down. You can also split your fuel to create a dual temperature zone, which is a good kamado grilling experience.
- It is a trusted name in charcoal grills.
- It is very lightweight as per size.
- It makes ignition easier.
- It covers a large area.
- Ash catcher has been added to it.
- It is new to the kamado-style grills, which reduces its reliability.
- It comes with a high price tag.
2. Kamado Joe KJ-23RHC Classic II Grill
This Kamado Joe Classic II is an excellent grill and smoker that retains smoke and humidity at any temperature. It has a great mix of shapes and features.
You can smoke at a temperature of up to 225 degrees using a top vent or searing directly to a 2-tier divide & conquer grill system with up to 750F with charcoal flavoured heat.
It is compatible with a strong range of accessories and surfaces that give you premium results for grilling or smoking. This model’s overall size (maximum 508 square inches space) is perfect, providing ample space for preparation for large groups of people.
- It provides 406 to 508 square inches of space.
- It provides variety option.
- Its wheels are durable and lock in place, enabling you to carry it anywhere.
- It is strong, rough, crack-resistant, and well built all around.
- Its seal is tight, and the latch slides on easy.
- It provides cooking temperatures from 225°F to 750°F.
- It offers redesigned double-thick wire mesh fiberglass gasket and 6-piece firebox design.
- Its size to price ratio is high.
3. Kamado BJ24RHCI-A Big Joe III Grill
If you have a comfortable place for grilling, then you can opt for this premium Kamado Joe Big Joe III 24 inch grill. It has 452sq” of cooking space, allowing you to feed the crowd easily.
Its cooking grids are made of commercial-grade stainless steel that is resistant to corrosion or corrosion and is also easy to clean. This kamado gives you the convenience of an enjoyable cooking option so that you can cook at different levels or temperatures.
Its air-lift hinge allows you to lift the heavy lid with only one finger, and it will also be where you leave it. The patented slide ash-box makes it easy to remove ash during cooking. The weighs of the kamado is 250 pounds only, which will definitely make you feel full, but its sturdy wheels can handle and carry the weight easily.
- Its SlRoller hyperbolic smoke chamber technology allows heat levels and fumes to be controlled.
- Its multi-level, half-rack design allows foods to be cooked in different styles at different temperatures.
- It has an easy slide-out ash drawer for easy cleaning.
- It comes with a vent system that allows for consistent air settings and precise airflow management.
- For some, it can be high in price and heavy in weight.
4. Char-Griller E16620 Akorn Kamado Grill
This Char Griller Akorn Kamado Smoker and Grill is ready to give you the pleasure of Kamado style cooking. It is easily capable of cooking meat with high heat or roasting it at low and slow speeds. This versatile grill is built with triple-vaulted 22 gauge steel that easily maintains cooking temperatures up to 200–700 degrees Fahrenheit.
Its top and bottom adjustable dampers also maintain airflow outside the grill when cooking, or while smoking, so you can use less wood when cooking.
This includes powder-coated external finish, steel interior finish, 314 square inches cast iron cooking surface, 133 square inches removable warming rack, an easy dump ash tray and temperature gauge.
- Its triple-walled insulation retains heat.
- It is a steel construction that will last for a long time.
- Its top and bottom dampers are adjustable.
- It has a removable warming rack.
- The larger 8-inch front wheel with locking rear casters has been included for its stability.
- It maintains temperatures from 200 ° to 700 ° F.
- Its quality needs to be improved.
5. Char-Griller E06614 AKORN Jr
The E06614 grill provides affordability and mobility with the best small size. If you have limited space, or are looking for an alternative to camping, then this is the grate portable kamado grill for you.
This kamado is a basic model from which it is inexpensive as well as strong and reliable. This unit is manufactured with durable steel. It has a 14-inch diameter mesh, which is 25-inch long and 21-inch wide, with which you can cook for two or three persons.
Additionally, the unit has two vents for great temperature control and triple wall insulation to retain heat, with which this small grill can cook at temperatures of 200–700 ° F.
- It provides heat quickly.
- It is a better choice for portability
- It incorporates easy dump ash tool for fast and simple cleaning.
- It includes up and down air dampers for easy and precise temperature control.
- It is more durable, inexpensive and lighter in weight than ceramic grills.
- Best budget kamado grill.
- There may be some quality control issues.
6. Kamado KJ23RHCI-A Classic Joe III Grill
The Kamado Joe Classic III Grill, which has the best mix of innovative features, versatility, and is certainly innovative. A heavy-duty, rolling galvanized steel cart has been added with this product so that you can easily travel to any location. It’s split, and win systems allow you to create various grilling and temperature zones.
It is a very well made unit, made of high-sided ceramic with porcelain glass. For added convenience, a flip-up side table is included on which you can prepare food.
The best thing that we found in this grill is its AIR LIFT HINGE, with it the lid stops where you leave it. Also, below you are given a pull-out ash box, which makes the grill easier to clean.
A control tower is also added to it, which is a side venting chimney which provides more control. It weighs 230.6 pounds. Now with a 3-tier partition and cooking system, you can purchase additional sets and increase cooking space, while it has a cooking temperature between 225 and 750°F.
- This kamado comes with a heavy-duty galvanized steel rolling cart.
- A patented slōroller hyperbolic smoking chamber has been added to it.
- It works with a 3tier divide and flexible cooking system.
- Its airlift hinge provides safe access to food.
- It provides precise temperature control for cooking.
- It is more expensive than others.
7. Lonestar Chef SCS-K22B Charcoal Grill
The Lonestar Chef kamado kooker provides versatile cooking pleasure in your life. Kamado is 600sq” large in size and incorporates a stainless grate on its surface. You can’t only grill, but also bake, roast, and smoke in it. Its 5 cooking styles allow you to cook anything from pizza to barbecue.
It includes a special pizza stone that helps the pizza cook at a correct temperature. Its ceramic shell keeps the natural flavour, moisture and nutrients in the food during cooking. It also prevents grill food and lost food from falling flare due to the grill. It is better than big green egg which gives you almost all the features.
This kamado features 2 adjustable vent controls manufactured from high grade, which are efficient in operating at a constant temperature. In addition to this, the grill includes an electric starter that allows quick and easy to start up so that you can cook for your family or friends in a few minutes.
After preparation, the grill is covered for outdoor weather protection, which will take your outdoor cooking to a new level with the Life Smart Grill.
- It provides you with a wide cooking area.
- Its durable heat retaining grid has been added.
- It includes an electric starter and heat deflector stone.
- It also has a top-mounted cooking thermometer.
- It offers versatile cooking for roasting, grilling, smoking, searing or baking.
- It features precision adjustable dual vent temperature controls for better temperature regulation.
- It comes with quick and easy assembly.
- It is a great option for tailgating and camping.
- Cleaning the ash present in it can be challenging.
- There is not much height under its lid, which can cause discomfort.
8. Broil King 911470 Keg 5000
The Broil King Keg 5000 is a grill capable of expanding the cooking experience that gives you the pleasure of authentic barbecue flavour. It is crafted with a classic Kamado-style design, which is quick to maintain the warmth and humidity that ensure delicious food every time.
Unlike the ceramic construction, it has been given an grate steel grille body design that provides unmatched durability while maintaining superior heat. Roto-draft dampers (cast iron above, aluminium at the bottom) are provided to properly control airflow through the grill, allowing you to adjust the correct smoke of grilling temperature.
It has a cast-iron primary cooking grid that provides an area of 280sq” for cooking. In addition to this, the swing-out chrome secondary rack gives you plenty of space to prepare all your favourites in your next cookout.
Its additional features include 2 removable resin side shelves, a versatile multi-tool that helps adjust and clean the twin bottle openers on your grill, lid handle, and a removable wheeled base that allows the trailer hitch- Is adaptable.
- A 10-year warranty has been given on the grill body and 2 years on the remaining parts and paint.
- Its grate steel body that does not crack.
- It consists of a sturdy cart and two shelves.
- Multi-tools are included in its purchase.
- It may take some time to slow down.
- It is not as efficient compared to ceramic Kamado.
9. Duluth Forge 140030 DF-CC-21-BK Grill
The Duluth DF-CC 21-Inch Kamado Grill is the ideal product for all your outdoor cooking needs. Enjoy smoking the perfect Anne Tuna, or some meats. This grill has one inch thick ceramic walls that allow for better heat retention and even circulation.
The dual-action top vent allows rapid starting, and heat adjustment. Equipped with an easy to read B level grate with stainless steel thermometer, and commercial-grade hardware, you’ll love cooking outdoors with your Kamado.
- It works long-term with excellent quality.
- Its strong steel cooking grate is non-stick.
- It is available at a reasonable price.
- It provides about 288 square inches of space for cooking.
- It is capable of cooking more and slower.
- Additionally, a built-in thermometer has been added to the accessories.
- Its startup time is prolonged.
10. Blaze Cast Aluminum Grill
The Blaze Kamado is an incredible grill made from 1 1/4 ” thick solid cast aluminium. Its unique aluminium design provides strong durability and excellent temperature control. Also, the non-porous grill material allows for the use of any wood or charcoal fuel. A lifetime warranty covers its stainless steel grilling grid, hinges and all other parts.
It weighs up to 198 pounds because the entire body is manufactured with cast aluminium. Cast molded exhaust caps are included for precise heat control without the usual risk of falling or breaking. The pre-installed lid hinge with lift assist allows easy opening.
The groove and drain seal of the lid to the grill frame eliminates the commonly used gasket and subsequent replacement due to damage and wear. The innovative seal provides excellent heat retention with no seepage.
- It provides an excellent surface for grilling.
- It is one of the highly efficient products.
- Superior warranty is included in the product.
- It is manufactured with cast aluminium and stainless steel.
- It takes very little time for preheating.
- It requires higher maintenance.
How To Choose The Best Kamado Grills?
When you are going for a big purchase like Kemado Grill, then not only do you need to check its quality and construction, but you should also make it clear what your needs and preferences are?
If you have done the homework on these, now let’s talk about the main factors related to the grill. All the products here have different qualities and characteristics, out of which you need to find a better option for yourself. For this, we are ready to help you, we have explained below some important factors, based on which you will definitely be able to find the right option. So let’s know about them.
A right choice requires that you check its quality because on this basis you will be able to spend a long time with your grill. If you choose an option to save money that is zero in terms of quality, then according to me, it would not be a wise purchase.
You can also choose a reasonably priced product without compromising on the quality that will support you for a lifetime. Above, we have included some products that provide quality as well as a reasonable price.
Space For Grilling
The most important thing is to check how much space is given on the grill to cook, heat and prepare it. For this, you should know how many people are you preparing food for on the grill?
If you are looking for an option to cook for 5 to 10 people regularly, or you want to use a 2-zone cooking method, then you need a large-sized Kamado Grill to meet your needs. Should be selected.
Also, if you like to get creative with cooking, choose a model with features. It may cost you more, but they will allow you to cook a variety of dishes.
This may be an unnecessary issue to hear, but it has an important role in a grill, as most Kamado Grills use coal fuel. Correct extraction of ash produced from coal is very important because it can harm you in the open air. To this end, an ash pan is attached to the grill by most manufacturers, which can easily remove and dump it. They are usually manufactured by ceramic, powder coated steel or cast iron materials.
Most kamados are manufactured with porcelain with a porcelain glaze, but now steel products are also present in the market (Weber 18501001 Summit is an example of this). It may be a better choice going forward as steel units do not crack when dropped, and maybe slightly lighter than conventional counterparts. In contrast, ceramic kamados are a longer-term investment because of their steel Is older.
Grates are generally available in enamel steel, but some models also offer 304 stainless steel. Here you have to check whether the quality and content of cooking grates are good. Apart from this, check that hinges have been provided to allow access to the area below the cooking grates. When you are cooking, without the need to take out the whole grate.
The vents play an important role in adjusting the temperature inside the kamado grill so that your food can cook at a correct temperature. Best grills feature vents at the top, which can provide accuracy. Here you have to pay attention to the option of adjusting the vent so that you can set the temperature at different levels.
I hope our guide has helped you on this journey! Kamado grill is truly a traditional style, which gives you versatility and high quality for cooking. With this, you will always serve a great taste to your family and friends.
We thank you that you remained connected with us till the end and completed your quest. By now you must have chosen one of the best Kamado grill options on this list? If so, please let us know your experience in the comment box below.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How Long Can Continuous Cooking Be Done In A Kamado Grill?
The kamado grill can allow you to cook for about 12 hours or more with its insulated sides and tight air control. During this time you can serve food to a large crowd.
2. Is Kamado Grill Worth Using In The Rain?
Yes, ceramic kamado grills are not affected by cold weather or rain, but after use or when not in use, use a grill cover to protect your Kamado.
3. What is the difference between Kamado and regular grill?
Kamado Grills often use lump charcoal instead of traditional charcoal coal. It is round or oval shape and is traditionally made of clay in which ceramic is very common. It has two air vents, one to allow air and the other to let it out, so that heat can be controlled.