In a Hurry? Our Top 2 Picks to Buy!
Weber 51060001 Q1200
Weber 54060001 Q2200
Are you looking for a portable grill that serves delicious grilled food during your jungle trip and vacation days? If yes, you have reached the right place because we have brought here some of the best portable grills that will make your journey more fun.
There are many reasons why you might not expect to load an at-home grill during a camping trip. For example, your grill may use natural gas, and it may be heavy or large in size.
That is why we are offering a wide selection of portable gas grill with you, which will make the adventure more attractive. Our top-rated portable grills are sourced from reliable brands so that you can use their top quality and high levels of performance even when you are on the road.
These portable grills are categorized based on their quality, performance, and features, so you start your search for portable grills with these reliable models.
Top 10 Portable Gas Grills
|Product Name||BTU’s (Max)||Weight(lbs)||Cooking Area(sq”)|
|Weber 51060001 Q1200||8,500||28||189|
|Weber 54060001 Q2200||12,000||40||280|
|Coleman RoadTrip 285||20,000||45||285|
|Char-Broil Grill2Go X200||9,500||20||200|
Which are the 10 Best Portable Gas Grills In 2021?
1. Weber 51060001 Q1200 LP Grill
The Weber Q 1200 grille comes with a great display and sleek styling, which are quite functional and fun. It features large grips, control knobs, ericic side handles, and reinforcements. Apart from this, front and rear cradles, oversized fold-out side tables with more rigidity, and the lid have the familiar Weber Q logo.
Split grates allow for a grate/griddle cooking combination, allowing you to experience unexpected ways to prepare breakfast, lunch, and dinner on your grill. The thermometer on its long lid allows you to monitor the temperature inside the grill.
It is manufactured by durable, but lightweight cast-aluminium, making it super-portable. It assures reliable starting with electronic push ignition. It can easily handle steaks, chops, burgers and dogs, and cook at any temperature from low to high.
Just dial-in adjust the infinite control burner valve to the appropriate high heat setting. It can use a disposable liquid propane cylinder for on-the-go grilling (cylinder not included).
- It is built with high quality.
- It is easy to use.
- It works well for 2-3 people.
- It can use large gas tanks.
- A bit expensive as a portable grill.
2. Weber 54060001 Q2200 Grill
The Weber Q2200 gas grill helps provide a best-quality build and stellar grilling performance. The product functions similarly to our top pick, the Weber Q1200 but with 48% larger grilling and 41% more BTU output. Features that set it up to include a cast-aluminium firebox for heating, a porcelain enameled cast-iron grilling grate, a push-switch starter, side tables, a domed lid and fold-outs.
It has a built-in thermometer, fold-out side table, sturdy handle, durable enamelled body and the same useful domed lid with the warranty as to the Q1200. With its large 21×15 inch grate, you can fit 10 large burger patties, two cut-up hens, or 16 large bratwurst links at a time.
It produces 12,000 BTUs to compensate for the additional grilling capacity. But it also means that you can burn through propane canisters faster on the Q2200 than on the Q1200.
Weighing in at over 40 pounds, it is still an excellent grill for small backyard locations. And unlike a full-size grill, it becomes small enough to slash into a garden shed or a garage.
- It is manufactured by cast aluminum.
- It has a built-in lid thermometer that monitors the temperature inside.
- It has a glass-reinforced nylon frame.
- Folding tables have been provided to make it more convenient.
- It comes with a removable gripping pan.
- It also includes infinite control burner valves.
- It burns faster with electronic push ignition.
- Its weight may be slightly higher than normal.
3. Coleman RoadTrip 285 LP Grill
The Coleman Roadtrip 285 portable stand-up propane grill, which comes with a very strong quick-turning leg and two wheels for a hassle-free setup, takedown, and transportation, allows you to move the grill easily on a camping trip or tailgate. In this push the In-start button for matchless lighting, then select your heat with the temperature control of 3 independently burners.
A piece of porcelain-coated iron grill accommodates 3,250 to 20,000 BTUs and 285 square inches of space. With its amazing cook power, you’ll be able to eat your friends and family every time with an array of perfectly make meats, seafood, or vegetables.
With two sliding side tables for placing utensils and sauces, cooking with this grill is as convenient as travelling with it. This portable stand-up grill can be easily stored for your next cookout. You can use a 1-pound propane cylinder with it.
- It provides enhanced control.
- It comes with 3 independently adjustable burners.
- It is very easy to transport.
- It comes with swappable cooktops.
- It has a grilling power of up to 20,000 BTUs.
- It has a large 285 square inches of cooking area.
- It also includes a lid thermometer for monitoring.
- It also has a push-button starter for matchless lighting.
- Its water tray is shallow and long.
- The latch with its lid closed needs correction.
4. Giantex Propane Tabletop Gas Grill
The Giantex Tabletop Grill is an excellent portable design made of durable steel. Its smooth appearance makes effortless cleaning let it cool and then wipe it down.
This grill is small in size but offers you a wide 20.5 “x 13” space. You can make enough food for about four people at the same time. Owns good quality certified by CSA, and it provides 20,000 total BTUs. Freely adjustable quickly reaches high temperatures with each burner.
It is only 26 pounds in weight; you can keep the grill in your car and take it with you. With a 40-inch propane hose, you have much flexibility on how to connect your power source to this grill. You can enjoy outdoor activity and grill with this product.
- It is easy to install and use.
- It has a large grilling capacity for many people.
- It is lightweight to carry anywhere.
- It provides easy-to-clean surfaces.
- It features two push-and-turn ignition burners for quick and easy start-up.
- It provides 20,000 total BTUs.
- It has foldable legs and a lockable lid for portable transport and storage.
- Flame tamers are not provided in this.
5. Napoleon TQ285XBL1 Propane Gas Grill
The Napoleon TQ285X-BL-1 grill is a perfect choice for on-the-way barbecue. It provides 285 square inches area with a capacity of 12,000 BTU power. It includes heavy-duty double burners to allow 2-zone cooking.
You can set the grill in 10 seconds and get a reliable startup every time due to the flame thrower ignition. This grill can use at least 1 pound of propane canisters and includes a conversion kit for a 20 pound propane tank.
It includes one-handed portability and folding stand to allow compact storage. It is the perfect grill for camping, boating or any outdoor activity with limited space.
- It has 2 individually controlled tube burners.
- It has a wide space for cooking.
- It is perfect for camping, tailgating, party and small outdoor living space.
- Its windproof design prevents weather from becoming a barrier.
- It has the facility to control each burner separately.
- In this, tall people may have some trouble with cooking.
6. Cuisinart CGG180T Portable Grill
The Cuisinart CGG 180 T is a compact, high-performance grill with which you will be able to get a great grilled taste every day. It is built in a small size that can be placed almost anywhere for ultimate convenience.
Although the grill is compact, its substantial cooking grate is sufficient for cooking most family meals, in which you can cook 8 steaks, 8 hamburgers, 6 – 10 chicken breasts, or more than 4-pounds of fish together.
The grill heats up very quickly & uses far less gas than a large grill. The best part is that this grill, with its great portability, can cook your food anywhere you go. Its folding legs, grill lid latch, generous carry handle, and spill-resistant grease tray all enhance portability.
Cuisinart is a full-service culinary resource with a wide range of products, liked by cooks and by consumers.
- It is equally a big grill.
- It is perfect for small spaces.
- You can easily take it anywhere.
- Its powerful 5,500 BTU burner helps the food cook better.
- It is just 13.5 pounds in weight.
- It is not ideal for a big crowd.
7. Char-Broil Grill2Go X200 Propane Gas Grill
With great build quality, this new portable Propane Char-Broil X200 Grill is the perfect choice for balconies and camping and caravans. It is perfectly compact and lightweight for your journey as you are expecting.
It is more famous for its TRU infrared grilling technology which ensures that the food is cooked evenly in the grill plate. Its grill grates can accommodate about 12 hamburgers, with it offering enough grilling space for about four adults.
This model is specifically designed to be used with small camp gas canisters that simply screw on the gas regulator. It can also be used with large traditional Patio Gas bottles, but you will need to invest in special adapters.
- It is specially designed for road-worthy and easy travel.
- Its TRU-infrared system eliminates the possibility of flare.
- It has a tuck ignition inside the right front foot to prevent damage.
- It is easily converted for use with a 20-pound tank.
- It comes with a weight of only 20 lbs.
- It has limited temperature control.
8. Megamaster 820-0065C Propane Gas Grill
If you are looking for something better for an on-the-go cook, then try the Megamaster 820-0065C. This perfect 1-burner tabletop grill that gives you lots of convenient, compact and powerful. It comes with 360 square inches of total cooking space, with which you can grill up to 17 burgers in one go.
The main burner fires instantly every time at the press of a button, providing 11,000 BTU of heat. Also, its durable porcelain, enamelled firebox maintains heat and makes smooth cleaning much easier. Built for easy transport and clean and easy storage, you can tailgate your one-burner gas grill or wherever your grilling takes you. Is can take.
In terms of security, its Secure Lock Deep Drone Steel Men Lid works best and locks the temperature and cooking taste inside. Its compact design and small footprint provide better stability and encourage grilling outside the backyard.
- It provides a wide space.
- It has 1 durable burner with push-button Piezo ignition.
- It provides a total power of 11, 000 BTU.
- Its secure lock lid keeps the food taste and temperature inside.
- It provides excellent stability.
- It comes with foldable legs.
- It also incorporates rectangular built-in thermometer.
- A slight inconvenience was observed in its temperature setting.
9. Weber 1141001 Go-Anywhere Gas Grill
The Weber Go-Anywhere gas grill is one of the easiest portable gas grills to transport, which is very light and small in size. With this, you will be able to experience your holiday days with delicious food.
It is made with the excellent quality that adds to the taste of your food. The lid is closed and has a handle on top that allows you to move the grill with one hand. To use this feature, you simply axis the legs.
The grates are coated with porcelain enamel. This material is ideal for ensuring temperatures consistent with the entire surface. It provides rapid heat so that you do not have to wait long for cooking.
You can cook on it for about four people at the same time. It is easy to cook a wide variety of foods with the best heat. The burner is made of stainless steel, which emits enough heat to cook. So get ready now to make your next adventure trip with Weber Go-Somewhere more fun.
- You can use the flavorizer bar in it.
- It is easy to clean.
- It provides continuous heating.
- It has plated steel legs to close the lid.
- It is not ideal for long term use.
10. Cuisinart CGG-608 Tabletop Gas Grill
Cuisinart All Foods Gas Grill is a versatile cooking system on which you will be able to taste any food you like. It has a 10,000 BTU loop burner that can cook your food better. Its heat distribution panel and a porcelain enamel coated grates further solidify the grilling performance.
It is compact in size, making it ideal for small yards and courtyards, and with folding shelves and handle, convenient to take to the adventure or the beach.
It features Qubinert’s unique Versatile Modular Grill Surface System, a series of interchangeable special grill surfaces, often adapted to grilled foods such as veggies, breads and pizzas, and delicate foods. The panels work safely for the cooking surface and make cleaning and storage easier. Other features include an accurate Temp gauge and a twist knob set-up that provides temperature control and quick start features.
- It comes with a modular grille-surface system.
- It features a twist-start lighter for easy start-up.
- It contains more features than many large grilles.
- It works as a professional grill.
- Its two folding side shelves work well for handling grilling tools.
- It has a strong, painted steel base.
- Windy days can provide some challenges.
How To Choose The Best Portable Gas Grills?
Before purchasing one of the units above, you need to know what are the things that need to be kept in mind in the purchase of the right option so that you can get what you need. Some important things are mentioned below, which will help in your purchase, you can easily evaluate options with these.
Durability becomes an important fact, especially when you plan to use your grill regularly. Most manufacturers use stainless steel and cast iron materials to maintain strength as these are among the most popular. They will be of frequent use and are relatively easy to take care of. This is used to make the product lighter and will not corrode. Apart from this, cast iron imparts a great flavour to your foods.
To choose the right size, first of all, think about how many people are you cooking for at a time? When you look at the grill specifications, it will tell you what the area of the cooking surface is so that you can be sure that what you are buying will fit for you. Portable grills are smaller than normal grills but can be in many sizes.
If the need for portability is limited from storing your grill to the patio, a great option may be good, but it can be troublesome when you pack items for a picnic, camping trip, or adventure tour. A small model may make the most sense.
The heat power of the grills indicates the time period of cooking. Propane grill heat is determined by BTU rating. Select the BTU as needed when making a correct choice. For example, a portable grill with 10,000 BTUs will be very hot and will be able to prepare your foods quickly.
It is the most important factor here because we know that you have come here in search of a portable grill. All the grills shown above are portable, you can choose one with which you can move freely. All these are provided with features like locking lids and collapsing legs. It is also important to consider the weight of the grill as the lower the weight, the easier it will be to carry.
All the grills offered here provide you with easy transport as well as other features that enhance your cooking experience. For example, an ashtray that you can dump for easy cleaning, double burners so that you can cook two different foods at the same time, a temperature gauge makes it easy to cook at the exact temperature. The best grill must have all these qualities.
With this information, you will be able to easily find out what and why you should find it, along with this you will also be able to know whether the grill you have selected is completing your needs.
By using this information, you will be able to narrow down the options that fit your preferences. After reading this review, we are confident that you know the best portable grill options on the market. Now when you start considering your needs and the features you need from your grill. If you want to see more options then check our “best portable charcoal grill smoker reviews“.
A grill that is durable and very easy to transport. With sufficient cooking space and with a piece of cast iron retains heat well. You can clean it within minutes, making it easy to maintain.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How To Start A Portable Propane Grill?
First, open the propane cylinder valve slowly to start the gas flow. Do not open the burner knobs before opening the service valve on the propane bottle. Start the ignition source and open the burner knobs closest to the ignition source.
2. How Long Does A Gas Grill Last?
On average, some people will throw out their grill after only three years. However, we assure you that you can keep them longer. Most of the gas lasts between 5 to 15 years before needing to be replaced. It depends on how much care the owners take in maintaining their grill.
3. Are Stainless Steel or Porcelain Grills Better?
Porcelain-enamelled cast iron grates usually retain heat better and longer than other types, making them desirable for those who need bold seer marks. Stainless steel cooking grates can last for a very long time if they are properly maintained.