Stunning weather in which it is impossible to get outside of your house (be it rain, snowstorm or summer) affects your outdoor cooking. How will you continue your grilling process during such a season?
Are you looking for a smokeless electric indoor grill for this?
If yes, then you have come to the right place because we have come up with a grill that works for you in adverse conditions that will not only meet your indoor needs but also maintain the beauty of your kitchen.
These smokeless barbecue grills are electric, unlike charcoal, gas or propane grills, which are safe to use both outdoors and indoors. Many popular models look and feel like an open flame grill, and offer an authentic taste of smoked cooking.
So, let’s get to know about them more deeply and find an alternative that is not only full of all qualities but also makes your grilling process even easier.
Comparison Chart for Top 10 Smokeless Indoor Grills
|Product Name||Cooking Area(sq”)||Weight(lbs)||Power(W)|
|T-Fal OptiGrill XL||315||11.5||1800|
|Gotham Steel 1965||126||9.28||1000|
|PowerXL Smokeless Grill||108||18.16||1500|
|George Foreman GGR50B||240||21||1600|
|Hamilton Beach 25361||118||8.14||1200|
|Delonghi BG24 Perfecto||192||10.8||1500|
Which are the 10 Best Smokeless Indoor Grills in 2020?
1. Presto 09020 Cool Touch Electric Indoor Grill
The Presto 09020 grill is a good alternative to a charcoal grill that does not produce smoke or flames. It is a medium-sized non-stick grill pan, which is raised like a traditional grill.
It incorporates a control master from which the temperature can be adjusted to maintain the correct cooking temperature automatically. This is powered by 120 volts, 60 Hz, with which you will be able to cook every type of food to its full. The base around the grilling area provides a cool feel, to avoid your mishap. If you accidentally touch this area, then you should not worry about burning.
This grill is small enough to fit in many commonly sized dishwashers. It measures only 13” length by 19.25” width by 3” height. Along with its purchase is a spatula that helps you to turn food over the grill, and a drip tray where the juice drains from the food drain.
- Its additional features include drip trays and spatulas.
- Its base is always cold.
- Its non-stick surface is easy to clean.
- It is very small and portable.
- This control comes with the master feature.
- Temperature can be adjustable.
- It is easy to use.
- It is quite low in value.
- It has no lid or cover.
- It may take time to cook.
2. Cuisinart GR-150 Griddler Deluxe
This deluxe grill will take your grilling experience to new heights. It offers you six attractive grilling options. Reversible grills and grilled plates, coupled with dual-zone temp control, provide complete control to home chefs.
You can prepare pancakes and eggs for breakfast, penny and open-faced sandwiches for lunch, and burgers or fajitas for dinner. Its extra-large area is ideal for entertaining a crowd or cooking a family meal.
Its new SearBlast feature is locked in the taste of steaks and can prepare meats, fish or chicken at 500 ° F in two minutes. It has a total surface of 240 square inches and is dishwasher safe. The grill is perfect for grilling side steaks, burgers, chicken and vegetables.
Independent temp control for each cooking plate provides a full range of temperatures from warm to 450 ° F. Additionally, an integrated drip pan has been added for easy dishwasher cleaning. Its base and cover are made of brushed stainless steel material which helps in maintaining its quality for a long term.
- It includes six methods of cooking.
- A 240 square inch surface has been added to it.
- It has a maximum plate temperature of 500 ° F.
- It also includes the SearBlast feature.
- In this, you get DuoControl heating benefits.
- Adjustable top cover has been added for more cooking options.
- It is easy and quick to clean.
- It is slightly higher in weight.
- There is no LCD-display in it.
3. Philips HD6371/94 Smoke-less Indoor BBQ Grill
The Philips Smoke-less Indoor Grill is powered by an advanced infrared technology that helps cook an equally tasty meal by heating the grid. The device has several temp settings. On the highest setting, this grill can reach 446 degrees Fahrenheit.
There is no need to adjust the heat because it controls the temperature independently. It provides optimum power for cooking with a consistent 446 ° F temperature at which you can sear your favourite meat, poultry and fish.
It is also very quick for cleaning. After the grill is cool, you can simply wipe it down or place it in the dishwasher. You will need 1 or 2 minutes to clean it. Overall, this barbecue grill is topped for infrared technology and unique design that cuts fumes and fats.
- It cooks food with infrared heat.
- It is relatively non-smoking.
- It offers a reasonable price.
- It is very light and portable.
- A few waves of smoke are left in it.
- Cooking food in its infrared light can be difficult for some.
4. Zojirushi EB-CC15 Indoor Electric Grill
Zojirushi Smokeless grill is ideal for steak, chicken, fish, burgers and vegetables. The non-stick grilling surface is large enough to feed a medium-sized family. Its other components and drip trays are easy to remove for fast cleaning.
It has a single heat control knob, which adjusts heat as needed. It is good to touch, handle and store. It is reinforced by a plastic base and removable power cord. If you are looking for a functional and simple grill, this can be a great option to start.
- It provides proper temperature for cooking.
- It can cook up to four servings at a time.
- It also helps in removing fat from food.
- It has extensive and adequate cooking space.
- Cool-touch handles have been added to it.
- There is no power knob provided to turn it on and off.
5. T-Fal OptiGrill XL Indoor Electric Grill
This grill is 33% larger than the previous OptiGrill with a grilling surface and provides additional versatility and convenience. You can choose from nine pre-set programs for cooking in it: Burger, Poultry, Red Meat, Sandwich, Sausage and Fish, as well as Pork, Bacon and Shellfish.
Its precise sensor grilling technology measures the thickness of food for auto cooking based on the program selected. One side of it is indicated by the level of cooking which shows the temperature of the grill with its flashing light. It shows light ranging from solid purple to dark red.
This electric grill offers two additional cooking options; defrosting and cooking for frozen, and non-automatic mode with four temp settings for vegetables or individual dishes. The OptiGrill XL features a powerful 1800 W heating element, which can cook your food faster and completely.
Amazing control ergonomically handles and cast aluminium construction further strengthen its reliability. Its grilling plate is coated spontaneously, which prevents food from sticking. Its drip trays and cooking plates are detachable and dishwasher safe for quick cleaning.
- It has 315 square inches total grilling surface.
- It includes 9 auto cooking programs.
- Its die-cast, a nonstick aluminium plate is excellent in cleaning and durability.
- It also incorporates manual mode with 4 temperature settings for cooking vegetables.
- It’s preheating/ready indicator light helps in monitoring.
- It is only 11.5 pounds in weight.
- Automatic cooking is not reliable for everyone.
6. Gotham Steel 1965 Indoor Grill
It is a very good looking indoor grill with a nonstick ceramic grate. Its nonstick ceramic surface evenly gives you a fully cooked and browned meal. A grease tray has been added under the grate designed to prevent food droplets from burning. This reduces the amount of smoke created and also makes cleaning easier.
The cooking temperature in this is controlled with a simple dial that runs from hot, low, medium and high. It includes a kebab fork which has four large daggers to hold lots of food. Grill & griddle plates have been added to make it versatile. Both have their heating elements, and both are dishwasher safe.
- Its nonstick ceramic surface cooks meal evenly.
- It is available in a deluxe size.
- It can be separated for effortless cleaning and storage.
- Its removable grease catcher is made of ceramic.
- It has a user-friendly temperature dial with 4 settings added.
- It is more likely to scratch on its surface.
7. PowerXL Smokeless Grill
It is important to get the right temperature on your grill because, without it, your food cannot be cooked completely. The powerXL grill will work well to overcome this problem. It comes with Turbo Speed Smoke Extractor Technology which helps in maintaining a constant temperature inside the grill.
This grill quickly heats up to 450 ° f and maintains a steady temperature, allowing you to cook food quickly. It has a high-quality ceramic-tech non stick coating, so nothing sticks to the surface of the grill. Apart from all this a silicon-sealed glass lid has been added to it so that you can check the food being cooked inside.
This grill provides superior performance, unlike a traditional propane or charcoal grill. It is well worth it, and with it, you simply plug in and heat it. There is no heavy charcoal bag or propane tank.
In this, fats and oils move into removable tray during cooking. Also, its surfaces are made with a nonstick coating, which is dishwasher safe. So now you don’t have to worry about cleaning it either.
- It includes an extra-large grille surface.
- A non-stick interchangeable grill and griddle plate have been added to it.
- Its LED smart temperature system is adjustable up to 450 ° F.
- It is made with heavy-duty die-cast aluminum.
- Its detachable parts are provided for easy cleaning.
- A glass lid has also been added to it.
- Its internal fan needs improvement.
8. George Foreman GGR50B Grill
The George Foreman Indoor/outdoor grill gives ample room for more than 15 servings of delicious meats, veggies, kababs, desserts, and more. You can use this grill outside the house as easily as you can indoors. It has a removable stand that makes it easy for countertop grilling.
This smokeless indoor electric grill is an excellent choice for those who want to prepare food at moderate temperatures for a long period. It is ideal for tailgaters, families and barbecue fanatics. The surface is sufficient to cook fifteen servings of guests or family gatherings.
With the adjustable temp control of this grill, you can cook the food right. The temperature check lets you choose from five heat settings to get the best results on all type of meat. Its electric system gives you best-quality grilling with no charcoal, no propane, and no flare.
- It has a cooking surface in the Fat-Removing Slope.
- Its non-stick exterior cooks without burning.
- It has removable parts for easy cleaning.
- An adjustable temp control knob is provided with its adapter.
- Its removable stand also gives you the facility of the countertop.
- Its circular design barely fits in the sink.
9. Hamilton Beach 25361 Indoor Grill
With the Hamilton Beach Searing Grill, you will be able to enjoy fully grilled meats and veggies at any time. With this, you no longer have to fire the outdoor grill to cook a couple of sticks. An adjustable temperature knob is included to optimize grilling, giving you tasty and desired results every time.
This outdoor / indoor searing grill is easy to use. Its indicator lights tell you when your grill is on and ready for use. The lid window lets you see your food as it cooks and the large, non-stick, cooking surface allows enough space to grill several items at once. A large drip bowl is included to hold excess juice or grease.
It makes your busy lifestyle perfectly. The grill surface and drip tray are both removable and dishwasher safe, making it easy to clean. Also, the grill cover can be removed for washing. With Hamilton Beach Serving Grill, you can enjoy restaurant-quality meats on the grill throughout the year.
- It cooks meat without smoke.
- Its non-stick plate, drip tray and lid are comfortable to remove and clean.
- Easily adjustable temperature control has been added for cooking.
- Its lid completely closes the juice and moisture in every dish.
- It is a durable construction.
- It is not an ideal grill for large families.
- It requires pre-heating before cooking.
10. Delonghi BG24 Perfecto Indoor Grill
The Delonghi BG24 indoor grill comes with embedded heating elements and special M-shaped design, heating the entire surface area and grilling results are more consistent. Its aluminium nonstick cooking surface is capable of cooking all types of food without sticking. Its adjustable, thermostat has five temperature levels that allow your food to cook at different levels.
To retain moisture, a tempered glass lid has been added that fits above the grill. For safety, the cool-touch handle protects the fingers from burns and shows an indicator light when the grill is heating.
It is a strong aluminium construction that will keep you in the competition for a long term. It is the best indoor smoke free grill in the market. It gives you value for your money because it provides you with everything you need to get your indoor grilling right.
- It evenly distributes heat for great cooking.
- It has a detachable thermostat for temperature monitoring.
- Its tempered glass lid keeps food warm.
- It is easy to clean and store.
- A total of 72 square inches of the cooking surface has been added to it.
- It provides 1500 watts, 120 V power.
- It is 10.8 pounds in weight.
- It may take time to heat up.
How To Choose The Best Smokeless Indoor Grills?
When purchasing a smoke-free indoor grill, there are some things you need to think about because not all indoor grills are the same, their properties and characteristics are varied. Here you should stop and take a look at your needs so that you can easily choose a better option. Below we have described some facts based on your needs that will help you choose.
When it comes to an indoor grill, it is important to check its size. The size of the grill is very important to suit your kitchen. The good smokeless indoor grill should be between 100 square meters to 150 square. Apart from this you can also choose based on your family size or number of guests. Here you have to pay special attention to two more things: Many large grills are inherently slower than smaller compact grills, with open-faced models also being lower on certain foods.
Almost all indoor smokeless grills use electric fuel, for which it is very important to keep their power rating in mind. Most grills do not exceed 1800W; however, it may not be a shock to find one with more. This shows how fast and efficient the machine is in grilling food.
Material Of The Grills
An excellent material gives proper quality to your grill and helps repeat the grilling process for a long time. With it, you can achieve incredible heat transfer and retention. Also, you should keep in mind that the material is rust free and simple to clean.
Size & Weight
It is necessary to see the internal surface of the grill as well as its outer shape and weight. This shows the utility of the grill. A large-size grill may provide you with more cooking surface, but if it does not fit in your kitchen, it will be of no use, rather it will increase your problem further. Here we have included some products which are small in size and large in the space of work.
Heat control plays an important role for a tasty grilling, as too much heat will burn your food, while less heat will leave your food less and dry. And I don’t think anyone would like such a meal. So choose a grill that gives you the freedom to control the temperature according to the cooking so that you can give your family or friends what they expect from you.
By now, you must have understood that it is very important to have one of the best non-smoking indoor grills to avoid the challenge of cooking. An indoor grill gives you the convenience you need to cook meals. It is an ideal cooking device for barbecue lovers and a family. The end product is always a delicious, healthy, cooked meal.
So you just choose a compact design for yourself to grill some vegetables, chicken, or both, and gives you a perfect platform.
Now we stop this article here and hope that you have got all the information that you were looking for. If you ask to share your questions or thoughts with us, then comment below.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How Much Power Do Smokeless Indoor Electric Grills Use?
It depends on what you’re cooking, as some dishes require a slow, prolonged heat, while some require high temperatures. Apart from this, the type of grill also matters because some grills consume more power than others.
2. How Long Does The Indoor Grill Take To Get The Right Temperature?
Generally, it takes 3 to 10 minutes for pre-heating, which varies with each grill. Some grills are fast, while others may take time to pre-heat.
3. Do Electric Grills Taste As Good As Gas Grills Or Charcoal?
Gas grills give the food a better flavour than electric grills, though not as good as charcoal. One of the main reasons for this is that long-term intense heat is required to add flavour to foods.