In a Hurry? Our Top 2 Picks to Buy!
Weber Jumbo Joe
If you are looking for a tabletop grill that helps you in your kitchen or travelling, this journey of yours will end here today because we have brought you the best products in the market that will meet your needs.
If we talk about tabletop grills, it allows you to go anytime and anywhere. In the list, we have highlighted only those products that are small in size, fast to work, and light in weight.
These amazing grills would be suitable for your small yard or patio, and if you like to grill on the go, tailgates, parks or while boating, this portable friend will also be your assistant there.
So let’s start this search for a solid and reliable tabletop grill, and know which one would be best for you.
Top 10 Tabletop Grills
|Product Name||Cooking Area(sq”)||Weight(lbs)||Fuel Type|
|Weber Jumbo Joe||240||18||Charcoal|
|Coleman NXT Lite||168||19||Propane|
Which are the 10 Best Tabletop Grills in 2021?
1. Weber Q1200 Liquid Propane Grill
Weber’s Q1200 Smooth Portable Gas Grill is superior in almost every category and is one of the best portable grills overall. It is simple to use and strong in quality. It incorporates an ignition mechanism that provides a quick flame, and the grill is warm enough to cook after burning.
After the lid is closed, it reaches 500 degrees (F) in just 15 minutes. It has an easy knob to control the flame, which maintains a constant temperature during cooking.
With 189sq” of cooking surface, this grill is enough to serve your food to a small family. In it, you will be able to cook burgers, chicken, fish and veggies for a group of six hungry people. It is an ergonomic design that comes in a bunch of fun colours or jet black.
Despite its robust construction it is light in weight and is ideal for adventure tours, camping trips, backyard or kitchen. This grill can use any small propane tank for fuel.
- A stainless steel burner has been added to it.
- It provides 189sq” of area for cooking.
- It produces 8500 BTU-per-hour.
- It includes porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates and cast
- Cast aluminum lid and body.
- Its electronic ignition provides easy starting.
- Infinite control burner valve settings.
- It isn’t very good at low temperatures.
2. Weber Jumbo Joe Portable Charcoal Grill
If you are looking for a great tabletop charcoal grill for your upcoming camping, then the Jumbo Joe might be the perfect option for you. It is great in size and quality (weight is only 18 lbs).
This model offers a wide cooking area (240 sq. In), where you can prepare hot dogs, hamburger patties, steak, or any other picnic food. Its assembly is exceptionally simple and takes no more than 15 minutes.
Apart from the shape, it has the same lid-mounted vents and the popular three-leg design. It has a porcelain enameled bowl and lid, as well as a heat resistant handle. Its “Tuck and Carry lid holder” allows simple transportation.
- It provides 240sq” of space for cooking.
- Its lightweight makes portability easy.
- It is manufactured with porcelain-coated steel.
- Under the bottom vent is a three-leg design with an ash catcher.
- The locking bar protects it for transportation.
- A limited area is given between the grates and the base.
3. Weber Gray Q2200 Propane Gas Grill
This Portable Propane Tabletop Gas Grill gives you very convenient features. It is easy to start, heats up quickly, and provides a stable temperature each time. If you are looking for a portable grill in the category of tabletop, then this may be a great pick for you.
This grill offers you a 280sq” porcelain-enamelled, cast-iron cooking grate on which you can cook delicious meals for your family and friends. It uses a 14.1-ounce or 16.4-ounce liquid propane cylinder and gives 12,000 Btu of heat per hour.
A push-button starter and removable catch pan have also been added to it. Also, the grill has two folding work tables that provide additional space for prepping and serving. Its ergonomic side handles ensure easy transport.
- It incorporates the built-in lid thermometer feature.
- Its frame is made with durable nylon.
- It has two folding tables for additional space.
- A removable gripping pan is provided with it.
- It starts rapidly with electronic ignition.
- It is too heavy for a single person to carry.
- There may be a possibility of flare-ups.
4. Blackstone 22 Inch Portable Tabletop Grill
The Blackstone Tabletop is a portable gas grill that is small in size and connects to a one-pound propane tank. It gives you 330 square inches of space to cook a wide variety of foods with which you can serve delicious food to your family or a small group of friends.
Apart from this, it includes two separately controlled H burners, which provide the facility to cook food at different temperatures. This grill serves 12,000 BTUs. This allows easy cleaning at the end of each use, allowing you to give more time to your family. It is a super convenient portable grill for tailgaters, parties, backyard areas and camping.
- It is easy to use.
- It is manufactured by durable material.
- It incorporates a large 330sq” cooking surface.
- Two independently controlled burners have been added to it.
- Its grilled top is made of cold-rolled steel.
- Its regulator may fail prematurely.
5. Weber 121020 Go-Anywhere Charcoal Grill
Go-Anywhere tabletop charcoal offers the ability to roam with you anywhere and grill freely. With this, you will not feel the need for unnecessary extras, as it provides strong and reliable performance.
It gives you an authentic taste of charcoal grilling, with which you will be able to give your friends a great party. It is a folding grill, where the ascended steel legs revolve around the lid and lock it. The grill is fitted with a glass-reinforced nylon handle with a heat shield, which makes it easy to remove the lid during use.
It weighs just 14.5 pounds and has 160 square inches of cooking capacity, in which you can cook 4x large steak or 8 pieces of chicken. In addition, this grill is coated inside and outside of porcelain enamel, which reflects heat in the grill as well as providing good corrosion protection.
It has two 3-hole vents on the lid, which control the airflow and oxygen levels so that the temperature inside the grill remains controlled. It does not include the feature of an ash pan, but it is small and lightweight to reverse empty calls and ash.
- It offers many features as a full-size barbecue.
- It includes the best build and quality features.
- Its top and bottom dampers provide excellent temperature control.
- It is able to top cook at a low temperature for roasting.
- It is compact for storage and transportation.
- Lack of stability.
6. Hamilton Beach 4-in-1 Indoor Electric Grill
If you are searching for a tabletop grill for your indoor barbeque activities, then the Hamilton Beach 4-in-1 is available as an appropriate option for you. With 150sq” of cooking space, it offers grills in which you can easily prepare steak, burgers or hotdogs for 2 to 4 persons.
It has a high temperature of 450 degrees, which is sufficient to cook your food fully. Also on the right side of the grill are red and green light indicators that tell you when it’s on and when it comes to cooking temperature.
It has a removable cooking grid that leaves tasty juices on the food and allows grease and drippings to fall through the extra-large drip tray. The best thing about this indoor grill, you can easily clean it. The hood, drip tray and cooking grate are all easily removable and dishwasher safe.
- It gives you the convenience of an accompanying grill, griddle and bacon cooker.
- It has the ability to double its size.
- Its unique kickstand provides proper direction to oil extraction.
- Its 3 removable, nonstick plate dishwashers are safe.
- It comes with adjustable temperature control.
- It is not useful for your deaf bbq activities.
- Its power cord can only be used within a 25-inch radius.
7. Giantex Tabletop LP Gas Grill
This grill from Giantex is powerful and compact, providing a truly easy grilling experience. It has a large 266sq” cooking space and 2 stainless steel U-shaped burners. With these, it gives 20,000 Btu of combined power for cooking.
It is constructed by strong stainless steel for maximum durability and longevity. It is easy to clean and provides a folded leg with a locking lid so that you can carry it safely to your camping trip.
Its cooking grate made with heavy-duty stainless steel that provides uniform and consistent heating. This is a solid pick for grill enthusiasts who want to experience the grill while away from home.
- It is a portable gas grill with 266-square-inch grilling area and folds leg.
- Its 430 stainless steel provides durability and easy to clean surfaces.
- It has two push-and-turn ignition burners for quick and easy start-up.
- It provides a total of 20,000 Btu for cooking.
- It includes foldable legs and a lockable lid for portable transport and storage.
- It is suitable for tailgating, camping, picnic, boating or anywhere your journey.
- It doesn’t provide the setup for 1-pound cylinders.
8. Cuisinart CGG-306 Chef’s Style Propane Grill
The Cuisinart CGG-306 propane tabletop gas grill stainless steel two burner is renowned as a professional grill, providing high cooking power to professional people. It takes up far less space than other grills. The grill also uses a large 20lbs propane tank, which allows you to cook longer.
This grill has approximately 280 square inches of cooking surface, capable of grilling burgers for large slabs of meat or larger groups. It incorporates two stainless steel burners, each exiting 10,000 BTU, and you can achieve temperatures up to 700 degrees in a relatively quick time.
These burners are combined by twist ignition systems that provide easy control over temperature along with quick flame. Its integrated lid thermometer helps monitor temperature.
- It comes with Fast and Easy setup.
- It has two stainless burners that generate 20,000 BTU per hour of heat.
- It includes twist-on electronic ignition and dedicated control knobs for each burner.
- Its stainless grates cook foods evenly.
- It is only 22 pounds lighter in weight and significantly smaller.
- An integrated thermometer has also been added to it.
- The manufacturer has also given a 3-year limited warranty.
- Its grate may be slightly sticky.
9. Char-Broil Grill2Go X200 Portable Grill
The Char-Broil X200 Tabletop Propane Grill is able to cook your food to perfection using TRU-infrared-technology. The high impact frame with its legs and carry-handle makes it easy to take with you.
It has a 9,500 BTU single burner, and stainless steel cooking grate with a total of 200 square inches of cooking space added. It has a no-fare-up TRU-infrared cooking system to improve heat distribution that gives you great cooking experience.
Its additional features include a push-button ignition and a top-mounted temp-gauge that provides quick temperature control along with proper temp control. It is fully roadworthy and easy to use, so you don’t need to think much about it.
- A temperature gauge has been added to monitor heat inside.
- It provides a wide cooking space.
- Its strong grate adds delicious juices to food.
- It only takes a few mints to make heat.
- With this, you can convert a 20-pound tank for use.
- It is only 20 pounds in weight.
- Some users shared the problem of rotting in the grid.
10. Coleman NXT Lite Propane Grill
The Coleman NXT is a versatile grill that gives you the best performance at every level of grilling. It is designed to work easily with small LP tanks so that you can carry it easily during travel. It can also be used with an adapter that connects it to propane tanks up to 5 gallons for a more permanent setup.
It can cook for 2 to 4 people simultaneously. 168-square inches of space has been added to it. It provides 8,500 BTU per hour of power with PerfectHeat Technology for top heat, which evenly distributes heat over the burner.
It includes removable grill grates for easy cleaning. Also, the grill includes a removable drip tray that helps relieve any other grease or residue from cooking.
- It is ideal for tailgating, picnic and camping.
- It provides enough cooking space for 2 to 4 people.
- Its grilling surface provides 8,500 BTU power.
- Its even-floating burners radiate heat evenly across the grill for consistent performance.
- Its swap-top interchangeable cooktops allow the separation of grill gates for grills or stove grates (sold separately).
- Its InstaStart button ignites the grill quickly.
- It is prone to high heat issues.
How To Choose The Best Tabletop Grills?
When you think about buying a grill, you will have many questions, which might make you unable to make the right decision. Here you feel the need for an assistant who can help you make the right choice.
We have included a buying guide here which will surely help you in making the right decision. It describes the essential factors that the grate grill should have. So let’s know what those important things that you have to keep in mind are!
Generally, A Table Top Grill works with charcoal or propane, but both have their characteristics and taste. The first thing you need to consider is what is your fuel source.
Charcoal gives you a feeling of a traditional, distinctive flavour that comes from wood chips. Here you should keep in mind that it takes longer to preheat a charcoal grill. A LP gas grill, by contrast, provides a bacon-like flavour, and it produces more steam than charcoal, adding more moisture to the meat.
If you are planning to take your grill to camping, tailgating, or picnic, folding feet provide a lot of easy packing. Apart from this, they are also helpful in adjusting the height of your grill. If they do not fold, make sure the legs provide sufficient clearance to keep the hot exterior of the grill away from whatever surface it is resting on.
The normal weight of the grill eases your portability. Heavy products may be right for your kitchen, but not suitable for travelling. Therefore, while adding features to the grill, also pay attention to its weight. The weight of the grill should not be above about 20lbs to carry, whereas if you are looking at the grill for the kitchen, it should not weigh above 30lbs.
Cooking Surface Area
These grills always come in small and portable sizes that are capable of cooking for a maximum of 5 to 6 people at a time. If your party crowd is more than this, then it may not be a suitable option for you.
150sq” of the cooking area is usually enough to cook 8 burgers or 6 to 10 chicken breasts. Keep in mind that to get the right amount of grill space, you must know how many people you are cooking for.
Number of Burners
We have included mainly one and two burner grills above. The number of burners allows for more specific heat control. Each burner allows you to select a specific heat range for the area. A good option should have only two or three burners, the grill above it eliminates the convenience of portability, which will certainly be larger in size and weight.
Ease of Use
How easy the grill is to use, you can decide based on the features given in the grill. Ignition is required to operate these tabletop gas grills that have auto ignition or easy lighting in the grill. In addition to this, the grill is made of stain-resistant material to maintain proper cleaning.
From the list of the Top products in the market, by now you must have chosen a better tabletop grill based on the requirements. If not then analyze the products with a section considering the factors and determine which one would be best for you.
Here you do not have to compromise the features to find the features that meet all your preferences. With all the products we have detailed their features and their properties based on which you will be able to get inexpensive, durable and easy to rotate tabletop grill.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How Much Space Is Enough For Cooking In A Tabletop Grill?
A tabletop grill has an area of about 240 square inches, with which you can easily start grilling any space. With this space, you can prepare food for about 4 to 5 people simultaneously, and it is very effortless to carry.
2. Which is the Good Propane And Charcoal Tabletop Grill?
The choice of fuel depends on your personal taste. Here we can give you suggestions based on tests only. The LP gas grill tastes like a bacon. It produces more heat and steam than charcoal, adding more moisture to the meat and adding delicious juices to it. Conversely, charcoal gives a feeling of traditional, distinct flavour. The cooking time is slightly longer, but there is no loss in taste.
3. Are Tabletop Grills Suitable For Indoor And Outdoor Use?
Yes, these grills are capable of carrying out barbecue activities in both places. This is because they are small in size and weight. You can go anywhere with them.