In a Hurry? Our Top 2 Picks to Buy!
Char-Broil The Big Easy
Weber Smokey Mountain
A drum smoker who imparts to you a distinctive art of using versatility, delicious taste, and great timing. They are able to cook low and slow food with great ease, whether you are a beginner or a master chef.
These smokers have been named according to their size, apart from this, they are also known as barrel smokers in some areas.
When you take a look at the market for smokers, you will find almost endless options, but it is important to understand here which model is the best barrel smoker that suits your needs.
The most respected grill manufacturers manufacture these using top of the line technology and engineering that are quite popular. And today we are going to talk about some of the Top Drum Smokers that will not only serve you delicious food but are also paramount in quality and durability.
So let’s get in-depth about these products, and discover a great option for you.
Top 10 Drum Smokers
|Product Name||Temp Range(°F)||Cooking Area(sq”)||Weight(lbs)|
|Char-Broil The Big Easy||375-400||180||22|
|Oklahoma Bronco Pro||–||366||177|
|Realcook Vertical||200 – 275||453||20|
|Cuisinart COS-118||Above 190||510||25|
|Masterbuilt 20060416||over 175||395||15|
|Pit Barrel Classic||–||3,500 cu”||57|
|Dyna-Glo Signature||175 – 400||1382||124|
Which are the 10 Best Drum Smokers in 2021?
1. Char-Broil The Big Easy TRU-Infrared Smoker
This drum Smoker is available at an affordable price. it is very durable, with interesting features. Capacity is much higher than other market options, due to which we have placed it at the top of the category.
If speed is your priority, this is the best alternative to the ‘low and slow’ method, which adjusts temperatures between 325-400˚F. It takes 40% less time than other smokers.
This amazing model incorporates with great tools that will make your grilling process very effortless. It is very compact, lightweight and fit perfectly in a small courtyard.
This smoker holds up to 25 lbs for roasting and 180 square inches of cooking area for grilling. This is very easy to use, smoke, roast and grill you food with amazing flavor. It work with TRU-Infrared cooking technology, so there are no flare-ups and your food cooks evenly for tender and juicy results.
- It is an efficient fuel user.
- 1200sq” smoking and roasting basket.
- It is capable of cooking food fast.
- It has excellent heat retention and temp control.
- It is effortless to use and clean.
- It has a 180 square inch TRU Infrared Grilling Surface.
- It is also very low in price.
- It only comes in one size.
2. Weber Smokey Mountain Charcoal Smoker
Weber, a name that needs no introduction It is providing the best facility of cooking to its consumers which they are recommending. It has become a well-known and famous name.
Weber’s Smokey Mountain Cooker which ranks second on our top list is excellent for slow cooking as it reaches temperatures of 190°F. It is very easy to assemble with a comfortable shape. Also, there is a in-built thermometer on the lid, so you can easily monitor the temp.
In this smoker, 2 plated-steel grilling grates have been added which are strong and long-lasting. Its anti-corrosion metal rub supports the smoker’s body and does not sink into soft ground.
It is available in 14, 18 and 22-inch diameter models. The entire unit is porcelain, allowing heat inside to be consistent, consistent with the expected temperature. Adjustable dampers have been added to the top and bottom sides that make temp control easier. It also has a fuel door which is helpful in adding wood chips or coal during fumes.
- Two gates have been added to it.
- It comes with a in-built thermometer.
- It is easy to adjust the heat.
- It is exceptionally durable.
- It has a large space.
- It is easy to assemble and use.
- It can be used for versatile grilling and barbecue.
- Its size is perfect for small and medium families.
- Its nylon handle is glass-reinforced.
- Its temperature is not very good.
- Additional parts may rust if not maintained.
3. Char-Broil Charcoal Smoker, 16-inch Bullet
The Char-Broil Smoker Drum comes in 16 and 20-inch sizes, which is a much cheaper and more pocket-friendly option. It has side doors for warmth control and easy charcoal and includes flexible heat adjustment for moist heat.
It may look small in size, but the best think is, it can serve food to a large crowd. The 16-inch model that offers you 370sq” space also comes with a 20″ smoker 584sq” area.
Talking of its durability, this Smoker is very decent for its durable steel body, and there is no problem of rust. It weighs between 17 and 27 pounds, the lighter weight makes it much easier to transport, with which you will also be able to complete your outdoor cooking activities.
In addition to its strong body, it has two amazing grates in its components that add delicious flavour to the food. It has an innovative air-flow control system that maintains internal heat very well and an easily accessible fire entrance, which will enable you to manage your smoke flow.
- It is a durable and affordable option.
- Two durable grates have been added to it.
- Its innovative airflow system helps maintain temp.
- It also includes a removable large ash catcher.
- It offers a wide space.
- It provides easy access to the charcoal box.
- It lacked temperature stability.
4. Oklahoma Joe’s 19202099 Pro Bronco Smoker
Oklahoma Joe’s Pro Drum which makes for an incredible and best performance. It offers a unique air-flow system that allows you to have constant control over smoking temp, allowing you to prepare your food slower or faster.
The Bronco smoker comes with a large surface and sufficient fuel capacity. Therefore, you can grill a large amount of meats at once. Also, you get grates, three hangers, nine hooks, and a heat diffuser.
The best thing that we found is its easy cleaning. You will never be worried about cleanliness in this. You’ll find a large ash , porcelain-enamelled tools, and a drain cap to help you be mess-free. It also has large, wagon-style wheels for maximum mobility.
- Its high gauge steel construction lasts a long time.
- A grate airflow system has been added to it.
- It also comes with more space and fuel capacity.
- Easy cleaning with the tools provided in it.
- It requires additional tools to start.
5. PitmasterIQ IQ110 BBQ Drum Cooker
The IQ110 Regulator Kit attaches to a barbecue pit made from almost any charcoal or wood drum smoker. This is a wonderful part in which you set the temperature on the dial, and it controls the temp just like a kitchen oven and is better than a kitchen oven. It cooks your food in a smoky environment that is naturally moist, juicy, and simply delicious.
The included stainless steel pit adapter is custom-fitted to the pit barrel cooker and replaces the factory air inlet damper of the pit barrel cooker. Its temp sensor is connected to the cooking grinder and plugged into the IQ110. It includes a blower box, heavy-duty rubber air tube, AC power supply, 6 ‘smoker temperature probe, user guide and custom-fitted steel pit barrel adapter.
- It hangs with hanging sticks of PBC.
- It comes with custom-fitted stainless steel pit adapters.
- It is easy to use.
- With this, you can set the dial to the desired temperature.
- It is not for all models.
6. Realcook Vertical Steel Charcoal Smoker
Realcook Vertical Smoker has a build that is very comfortable to use. It has a two-layer design that you can easily separate. It is suitable for both transport and assembling it.
This product is multifunctional, which can be used for both hot and cold smoking. You can cook food in different ways – smoke, grill, steam, and bake, braise, or roast. And its big grilling surface with two grids makes it all comfortable.
Apart from all this, a thermometer has been added for precise monitoring on the lid and adjustable wind supply for temp control. It also includes a porcelain-enameled charcoal and water pan.
- With its 17 “model you get 453sq” space.
- Its 20″ model has a total grilling area of 969sq”.
- It comes with a two-layer design and latch-locking system.
- It includes a built thermometer.
- Its porcelain-enamelled charcoal/water pan come with heat-resistant bakelite handles.
- Its catch-locking system makes the smoker versatile.
- It is easy to assemble and store.
- It adds a wonderful smokey taste to the food.
- There is no hook in it.
- Its temperature may be less than ideal.
7. Cuisinart COS-118 Vertical 18″ Charcoal Smoker
The Cuisinart Charcoal Drum Smoker has been introduced to the market with a great design, with a little art and science to create the right kind of fire. It comes with a three-year warranty, and its durable framework, porcelain water bowls add more confidence. You can cook large quantities of food with two 18 “solid steel grates.
This smoker is very easy to work with. You have to fill the bowl of water to start it, add coal and then adjust the vent to control the temperature. This vertical barrel design makes it easy to keep a consistent temp with minimal adjustments and reaching the water bowl and charcoal grate is not very easy with this vertical door.
In terms of size, it stands 45 inches tall and provides 3.54 sq ft (512 sq in) of cooking space. Along with steel housing, it also makes more control overheat and smoke easier. Easy to maintain and clean it provides excellent performance.
- It gives you a wide space.
- Durable steel bowl holds water in it.
- It provides greater control overheat and smoke.
- It is easy to maintain and clean.
- Its smoking is ideal for all foods.
- It has two air vent facilities.
- Two levels of steel smoking rack have been added to it.
- Its legs need to be given the right shape because they are very close to the ground.
8. Masterbuilt 20060416 Charcoal Bullet Smoker
Are you looking for an alternative that is perfect for backyard grilling or tailgate parties? Masterbuilt 20060416 drum cooker gives you this facility. Whether you are cooking a meal at home or outside, this product makes it simple and gives your food a mouthwash flavour without any conflict.
It has an area of 395.4 square inches in which you can smoke a large piece of meat. It also added two smoking rack, in which you can smoke two pieces of favourite meat, all at once.
Its grate thermometer provides precise measurement of temperature, and the front- door makes it easy to add fuel. So now you can repeat the process of making food continuously without stopping.
- It has enough space.
- It incorporates two porcelain-coated cooking racks.
- Its thermometer maintains the proper temperature.
- Its compact design is ideal for transport and portability.
- It has an easy front door to manage charcoal.
- Its water and charcoal pan are small and shallow.
9. Classic Pit Barrel Cooker Package
All the smoking tools included in this Classic PBC package give you a high-quality grilling experience. This includes 1-30 gallon porcelain-coated steel drums, 8-steel hooks, 2-steel hanging rods, 1-charcoal baskets, 1-grill grate, 1-wooden hook remover and 1- 3 point barrel stand. It combines the best qualities of smoking and slow cookers to create a unique vertical cooking experience.
This drum allows food to cook in a short period of time without the need to regulate temperature or smoke. It is simple to use, portable and built to last.
- This package has everything needed for cooking.
- It is easy to use.
- It requires less maintenance.
- It includes 8 hooks and a grill grate.
- Its depth seemed a little low.
- It is slightly heavier in weight and slightly higher in value.
10. Dyna-Glo Signature Series DGSS1382VCS-D
When it comes to the leadership of a big party in front of you, it becomes most important that you can serve delicious food in sufficient quantity for everyone. For this, you will need a product that provides a large amount of cooking area.
Dyna-Glo Signature Series DGSS1382VCS-D searing offset smoker which is available to eliminate your problem. This is the best offset smoker in which you can grill lots of delicious meat. It includes 1,382 square inches of smoking area, pre-installed sausage hooks and five chrome-plated offset cooking gates.
It has facilitate of cook food with a low and high flame. Also, a durable temperature gauge with smoke zone and grill zone indicators provide greater control, letting you know that you have reached the right temp to infect your meat with a smoky taste.
It is also superior in mobility, easy maintenance and cleanliness and oversized wheels are capable of walking on any road.
- 5 x chrome-plated cooking grates have been added to it.
- It allows smoking and grilling.
- It has a total space of 1382 square inches.
- It has a heavy gauge steel body construction.
- Its cool handles avoid heat.
- Oversized durable wheels have been added for mobility.
- It also includes a durable ash catcher.
- It is a large construction that can’t be easily moved.
How To Choose The Best Drum Smokers?
By now, you know the characteristics and qualities of our top pick smokers. Here you find that there is a difference in prices and prices of all. So now the question arises that how do you choose the best for yourself amidst this discord?
You always hope that you can get what you are paying for. We eat every day, and consistently delicious food has a positive impact on your happiness and lifestyle.
For the product as per your expectation, here are some things you need to pay attention to.
Ease of Use
This may sound simple, but it is very important when you buy a drum smoker because usage is a process that requires many things to make it easier during cooking. You will always want to have great airflow management and additional features inside your smoker that will help you feed your family quick and tasty food. For this, you just have to keep in mind how easy it is to use.
It is very important to include some multiple usage aspects in the smoker. The versatility of the smoker allows you to cook a wide variety of dishes so that you can make every guest at the party happy. Almost all the products offered here have a versatility of which you can choose from.
Most people choose an option that can meet the needs of their family, but the difficulty comes when you are leading a big party. Most smokers fall between 16-22 inches in diameter, with cooking space ranging from 400 square inches to 1000+ square inches. If you plan to smoke for 1-4 people at a time, then a small unit will work fine. If you want more, check out the 20+ inch unit.
This principle applies to almost all types of grills and smokers because heat management is very important for smoking a meal well. It is a piece of equipment that makes temperature management as easy as possible. For this, you should check the adjustable vents system in the unit, whether they are ideal or not.
Extra tools are never going to make or break your purchasing decision, so don’t minimize them. Additional items are given to make your cooking process easier. For example, smokers with hanging hooks provide additional value by giving you a choice of foods with hanging smoking. Some models come with a grill tool, which is always useful.
The drum smokers can be a major game-changer in how to cook meat. With the smokers listed on this list, you can roast, grill, and smoke everything for yourself. Your friends and family will thank you for this delicious taste.
I think by now you have discovered your best option, so start calling your friends and enjoy delicious food with your family & friends.
If you have any questions related to the products or you want to give a comment, then comment below, we will definitely answer your questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How Does A Drum Smoker Work?
The science behind this is very simple, in which the heat coming out of the burning charcoal heats the air inside the drum smoker. This hot air reaches the grates placed above the drum where you cook your food, to control excess temperature, vents are added on its lid.
2. How Many Vents Are Ideal For Controlling The Smoking Temperature?
Dual damper venting is ideal for your smoker, as a damper is capable of handling tasks, and dual vants maintains the temperature and airflow.
3. Is It Necessary To Use A Pan Of Water In This Smoker?
It is necessary to use it in most cases because the water present in the drum smoker turns into steam when cooking. It gives moisture to the meat and tastes better.