In a Hurry? Our Top 2 Picks to Buy!
Old Smokey Electric Smoker
Smoke Hollow Smoker
If I say that there is nothing like a good smoked cut of meat, then it would not be wrong to say. Whether it is a full-bodied brisket or a fresh filament of salmon, there is something about the taste of that smoke.
But when it comes to smoking, this task becomes a bit difficult, with our traditional methods. To do this, you need charcoal or special charcoal grills and a lot of time.
But rest assured that we have good news to solve this problem, in which electric smokers have made smoking very easy. Remember that all the models below have come a long way. Many of them are now excluding smoked flavours that counter the more traditional methods.
If you are thinking about buying this equipment, keep reading to review the best electric smokers and dive deep into the top options available. Below is a buying guide available to better assist you with your purchase.
Top 10 Electric Smokers
|Product Name||Temperature (°F)||Shelves|
|Smoke Hollow 26-inch||175-325||2|
|SmokeHouse Little Chef||165||4|
|Smoke Hollow 30-inch||275||3|
|Dyna-Glo DGU505BAE-D||35- 275||4|
|Masterbuilt Bluetooth||100- 275||4|
Which are the 10 Best Electric Smokers In 2021?
1. Old Smokey Electric Smoker
|Size||15.5″W x 15.5″D x 29″H|
This Electric Smoker is a reliable device that is easy to control, and it’s easy for you to smoke meat products with tasty products for years to come. It is designed with very useful and heavy duty design without any unnecessary frills or features. This is a reasonable substitute for gas grills and gas smokers.
Old Smokey was perfect for me as a novice to the world of smoking, its simple design and no nuisance operation, and ample cooking places make it even better.
- It has a small enough space for cooking.
- This smoker has a flat top, so the juice drips back on the food.
- On top of the heating element is a chip tray where you put wood chips to taste the smoke.
- This smoker is controlled by a heat thermostat to allow a large variety of ripening times and styles.
- This is the best budget option.
- Small size and features are lacking.
2. Smoke Hollow Electric Smoker
|Cooking Space||1.3 cu.Ft|
|Dimensions||16.5″W x 19″D x 35.5″H|
If you have a very limited budget, do not smoke a lot or simply need a smaller size smoker, then this 26-Inch Electric Smoker is the perfect option for you for these needs. It is a best electric smoker available at a relatively low price. Due to its size, it does not give a lot of space. It has two cooking-grids, the height of which can be adjusted at several levels. Just below them is a heating element that has a 1500-watt power. At the bottom, you will find other very important ingredients such as wood chips and water containers.
If you compare it with the new ones, then it may be that you lack some features in it, but considering the price, there is nothing to complain about it. This is the best suggestion for beginners, who are just starting their journey with smoking or simply with an pellet smoker. You will not have to spend a fortune in the beginning, especially since you do not know if you would like this style of smoking.
- It features 1500-watt heating elements with fully adjustable temperature control.
- It consists of 2 chrome-plated grids and can be adjusted to variable heights.
- It also has a full range heat indicator.
- It has a cool-touch spring wire door handle with side handles and latch system.
- It has porcelain-coated pan and chip plate.
- This gives you adequate cooking ability.
- It feels a little harder to clean.
3. Masterbuilt 20070910 30″ Black
|Dimensions||20″W x 17″D x 33.5″H|
Equipped with its powerful 800-watt heat element, quality construction, digital controls and 730 square inches of cooking space, Masterbuilt electric smoker has once again delivered a premium product that is well worth the investment and is reasonably priced.
Whether full turkey, jerk sausage, 12-pound brisket, fish or vegetables, the 30” gives a smoky flavour with amazing efficiency. Its powder-coated steel exteriors and insulated interior show strong texture and high durability. The black finish will hide stains well, and the powder-coated finish ensures protection against the elements.
Some minor assemblies need to be taken out of the box, such as the insert of the foot, handle, and removable smoke rack. The solid steel smoker door is 100% foam-sealed and includes an adjustable latch that can be tightened as sealing wear over time.
- Its lasting construction and insulation retain heat well.
- It provides you with quick heating.
- It is easier to use with push-button digital control.
- It has a removable water tray and rack for easy cleaning and maintenance.
- It is very budget-friendly.
- Its door doesn’t have a window to monitor.
- It doesn’t include any meat thermometer to check the readiness of meat.
4. Char-Broil Analog Electric Smoker
|Dimensions||15″W x 20.7″D x 33.5″H|
|Material||Chrome Plated Wire|
Whether you are new to smoking food or are looking for a simple smoking solution, Electric Smoker Char Broil is the appropriate choice for every location. With an insulated cooking chamber and a large-capacity wooden chip tray, it is simple to maintain a uniform smoke temperature while maintaining the best smoky flavour.
An integrated water pan prevents the meat from drying out and keeps the food completely juicy. This smoker includes three chrome-plated cooking grate, providing the versatility of cooking for a small family or large gathering. It gives you more features; It is constructed with strong material to ensure that the entire unit continues to function till the last year.
- Its analog design is simple and easy to use.
- Its durable construction which is bound to last for a long time.
- It has a lower price than electric smokers with similar characteristics.
- It also has a tray of access water in front.
- It also includes a temperature gauge.
- There was no internal meat check or timer provided.
- You cannot monitor food remotely.
5. SmokeHouse Products Little Chef
|Model Name||Little Chief|
|Cooking Space||Up to 25 lbs|
|Dimensions||11.5″W x 11.5″D x 24.5″H|
If you are looking for a portable electric smoke, Smokehouse product Little Chef is your best bet. It is easy for you to carry, and at the same time, it is wide enough to meet your smoking needs. It gives you around 24 inches long and 12 inches wide, making it one of the smallest smokers available on the market today. It is made of aluminium and therefore, weighs about 12lbs.
It has a 250-watt heat element and four small burners in its grate size to give you a well-smoked meal. It is well and evenly heated at 165 degrees, a temperature that is considered ideal for smoking most types of meats and foods. It is a no-frills product that serves the purpose of smoking well.
- It is very lightweight compared to being manufactured by aluminium.
- It is super easy to operate.
- It is highly portable.
- The operation and cleanliness of this unit are very straightforward.
- It has got a very good handle and rear wheel.
- It doesn’t provide you with any additional facilities.
- There is no temperature control.
- This device is preset at 165 ° F.
- It can be affected quickly by the weather.
6. Smoke Hollow 30″ Electric Smoker
|Cooking Space||3 Racks|
|Dimensions||18.54″W x 18.19″D x 33.35″H|
This Digital Electric Smoker is an innovative manufacturer focusing solely on cheap electric smokers. It is very easy to use, just plug in this smoker, set the digital controls, and leave your cooking food intact! The insulated construction keeps the heat inside and also provides an 800-watt element, continuous smoke.
To improve this, wood chip is used to add a smoky flavor to your favorite foods. Its three chrome-coated smoking racks allow you to easily and effectively smoke all of your meats at the same time, including 9 chickens, 2 turkeys, 3 rack ribs, 3 pork butts, 36 sausages, Or you can prepare 24 burgers. So now make delicious BBQ in your backyard with this.
- This gives you instant heat.
- It is easy to control the temperature with it.
- It is spacious inside and has adequate insulation.
- It has a temperature controller for uniform smoke.
- It also has an adjustable air damper for smoke control.
- It requires opening the main gate to reload the wooden chip tray.
7. Dyna-Glo DGU505BAE-D Analog Smoker
|Dimensions||23.50″W x 18.40″D x 35.90″H|
Dyna-Glo 30″ Electric Digital Smoker that gives you digital push-button control, auto setting and monitoring to make cooking times and temperatures quick and easy. With double wall insulation construction, it actually holds heat. With a digitally-controlled, integrated meat thermometer, you can open your door without food. Can monitor the internal temperature. This digital electric smoker is equipped with a side access wood chunk loader to facilitate the process of adding wood chips while reducing smoke and heat loss.
With this, eliminate the hassle of propane or charcoal smoker while maximizing the taste of smoke in your BBQ food. Easily add wood chips with a side access wood chip loader without losing any fumes or heat. Control the temperature manually. Control temp dial, and monitor for precise heating with stainless steel construction temp gauge. Designed for a convenient and simplified cooking process, this smoker will have savoury smoked food served in few minutes.
- It is very competitive in price
- Its durable construction quality retains heat for several hours.
- It has easy to clean features such as removable rack, grease cup and water bowl.
- It has an easy digital display control panel.
- This has dual exhaust ports, which allow consistent smoke production & best air flow.
- It emits more smoke than the top brands.
- It may take more than 30 minutes to reach the optimal smoking temperature depending on external factors.
8. BTDS108P 990223 Bradley Digital 6 Rack Smoker
|Model Name||BTDS108P 990223|
|Dimensions||11.5″L x 15″W x 33″H|
Bradley which is an ideal combination of superior quality materials, the right dimensions and superb digital control panel technology and its state-of-the-art features make it one of the best electric smokers on the market. It is constructed from the durable and best material. It can smoke for 8 hours straight on its own, making it an excellent choice. It is a best electric smoker for beginners and one of our top.
This smoker comes with a ton of customizable features and, with its LED display box, is the only quality smoke. It is a quality electric smoker capable of hot and cold smoking with minimal control without the need for integration. It has good dimensions, has many racks, and has a drip tray to hold grates, grease, is exceptionally well made and maintains a steady internal temperature, giving meat products a good smoking taste.
Its digital control and blue LED screen make for simple smoking without all the guesswork of analog smokers. There is also an easy to remove wooden chip tray with sufficient capacity that makes cleaning the smoker Bradley unit a breeze.
- It is made of the finest and highest quality material.
- It has 6 rack smokers. (Rack area: 858 sq)
- Its ash catcher is simple to remove for quick, hassle-free cleaning.
- Its exterior dimensions are -17W x 14D x 39H inches and internal dimensions are -15W x 11.5D x 33H inches.
- It works solely on digital control.
- It can provide you with 8 hours of controlled cool smoke.
- It offers 9 different hardwood flavours.
- It doesn’t have wheels to ease portability.
- In this, outdoor weather conditions can affect the stability of temperature.
9. Char-Broil Deluxe Digital Smoker
|Dimensions||16.5″L x 18.1″W x 32.5″H|
This Broil Deluxe Digital Electric Smoker is part of the Char Broil series, which gives you a superior cooking experience at 725 square inches. It will do all the hard work or try to overcome smoking dishes. It has a grand design and large cooking capacity that makes it easy to use and is made from the best top-quality materials customers are looking for.
It includes an analog dial and is similar in pricing. The heating element and time control with which it operates ensures that the meat product that comes out of it meets you with professional-kitchen-quality. It is priced quite low and comes with features like Wi-Fi that customers will usually pay more for. This smoker is the best one for beginners.
- It is quite affordable in terms of value.
- It is easy to clean.
- Its front glass viewing port makes it easy to check the progress of your smoked meat.
- It provides an electric digital smoke feature.
- It has enough cooking space (725 sq) to produce large quantities of barbecue.
- It offers a well-insulated cooking room with a convenient glass door.
- It only gives you a 90-day warranty, perhaps due to its low price.
10. Masterbuilt MB20074719 Bluetooth Digital Smoker
|Cooking Space||4588 cm²|
|Dimensions||19.68″L x 25.2″W x 41.73″H|
Masterbuilt did something clever and created a smoker that connects to your phone via Bluetooth. You can sit back, relax and control your desired temperature with an app on your phone. You can turn a smoker on or off, as well as adjust and monitor your smoker’s temperature. With BT as well as a meat thermometer built into it, this model makes it possible to monitor your cooking process while socializing and relaxing.
Apart from being technologically advanced, this Bluetooth Digital Electric Smoker is also practical. It also comes with a large cooking area. In particular, the unit has enough space to cook 4 rack ribs, 4 pork butts, 6 chickens or 2 turkeys. This makes it an ideal choice for your next barbecue.
Efficiency is one of the highlights of this smoker. Available in both 30 inch and 40-inch models, because it is better to have more space than you need, not enough.
- This is a BT digital electric smoker.
- Bluetooth technology allows you to control temp, lighting, monitor meat temperature, and power your smoker on or off.
- It has four chrome-coated racks.
- It is providing wood chip loading system to add chips without opening smoker door and losing heat.
- This provides the best feature of the front controller.
- Built-in meat probe thermometer for perfect results every time.
- Its thermostat temperature controller system minimizes heat and smoke losses.
- The small LED screen is not viewable properly in bright sunlight.
How To Choose The Best Electric Smokers?
Here are some things to consider which you will be able to choose the right product for you.
This is one of the most important aspects of an electric smoker. Always remember that whenever you go in search of the best smoke, first of all, check its capacity. Even if a smoker has other amazing features, it will not be useful if it is not enough for your smoking needs. If you often cook for a crowd or a family gathering, make sure you get an oversized electric smoker to fit all the food items inside. It should also include an adequate wooden tray and grease tray.
Ease Of Use
Make sure that the model you decide is delivered with a user-friendly design and is perfect to operate. Also, check the time-temperature control panel and digital thermometer and make sure that they give you enough options that are easy to follow. Also, it should have a glass window that lets you monitor the condition inside a smoker, removable grill rack and drip pan or wooden chip tray. Additional points if there is a BTU digital panel or remote control.
When choosing electric smoke, it is also very important to check the good heat retention element and the smoke level that goes inside the smoker from a temperature range of 100 to 400 degrees or even 500 degrees Fahrenheit. You want to test whether the unit you choose has a powerful heat element or not, is easy to control. This temperature range has all the right temperatures that make it easier to smoke meat and grill all types of food, especially for a large group of friends. Ideally, your smoker should be able to give you the ability just to set it and forget it.
Easy to carry.
If you want to use your smoker in different places, there are three main things you need to make sure – it must be light, of course. It should be constructed of good quality and durable material. The four corners should have wheels fitted with lock systems.
Ease Of Maintenance
Quick and easy maintenance always gives you a convenient process. Go for a top best electric smoker with an easily removable grid, rack, panel, wooden chip tray, a water and grease pan. These features will provide ease of use to your smoker while preparing for each meal.
Here you have to pay special attention to two main things. First, Key Affordable does not mean cheap, and second, it also does not mean that they are out of your price range. There are plenty of best budget electric smokers out there that do not put it on your pocket with its reasonable price and a decent amount of new features included. Affordable types of smokers are manufactured over a long period of time, even if they don’t have all the cool features like the top electric smoker brands.
We all already know, the market is full of different opposites, and it is a challenge to choose the best electric smoker here. Each model offers some special features that make it different from others, so making the final choice is not an easy task. But I think the things I said and review will help you better understand what to look for an electric smoker and whether you choose a model that fits your expectations.
Here we have directed the above suggestions to a large variety of consumers, ranging from models with interesting features to electric smokers for those with limited budgets. It is up to you which electric smokers suit you best, keeping in mind your expectations.
If you still have a question in your mind, please let us know about it. Please give your comment on how useful this article was for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How Do Electric Smokers Work?
Heat is supplied through an inserted electric heating element in it, which burns chips above it, producing heat and smoke in the insulated smoke chamber. It requires wood chips and sawdust to add flavour to food.
2. What Type Of Wood Chips Should Be Used For Smoking?
The type of chips is based on taste preferences, and there are some classic additions to a wide variety of foods. For example, mesquite cooking is popular for pork, hams or bacon. You should use wood chips or pellets when using your electric smoker, especially for smokers. Wood chips can also be used after drying or soaking in water, depending on your personal preference.
3. Can Electric Smoke Be Used Indoors?
If you lack a super powerful extraction system, then no. Using electric smokers in the home will create a permanent and smoky smell on all your valuables if you want to avoid harsh weather while smoking meat, use it on your patio or porch and also get a smoker top or smoker cover.
4. What Is The Difference Between Smoking And Grill Food?
There are two main differences between grilling and smoking: heat level and cooking time. Grilling is usually done at high heat for a relatively short period of time. Smoking uses very little heat anywhere from an hour to several weeks which ultimately gives you a high level of taste.