Offset smokers, also known as a barrel or horizontal offset smokers, provide you with a traditional tasting experience with a simple, and effective design. With these, you will be able to impress your family, friends and, even yourself.
It uses charcoal or wood as fuel so that you can enjoy a large amount of delicious smoked meat. These are ideal for those who desire delicious smoked meat with a traditional method of smoking.
Are you one of them and looking for a suitable option?
If yes, then your steps have turned in the right direction as we always bring to you the best options that may best suit your needs. Here we have included every feature related to the product for an easy choice so that you can understand whether the smoker fits your needs or not.
So let’s start this thrilling journey and discover the best offset smoker that can help you cook your delicious meal during your home patio or backyard, party with friends.
Comparison Chart for Top 10 Offset Smokers
|Product Name||Primary Area(sq”)||Offset Area(sq”)|
|Broil King 958050||625||330|
|Royal Gourmet BBQ||617||183|
|Oklahoma Joe’s Longhorn||751||309|
|Royal Gourmet CC1830F||617||183|
|Char-Griller Pro 8125||719||293|
Which are the 10 Best Offset Smokers in 2020?
1. Dyna-Glo Signature Series Vertical Offset Smoker
The Signature Series heavy-duty vertical is one of the best smokers that are multifunctional. In it, you will be able to enjoy cooking with both grilling and smoking capacity. It is capable of cooking food at various temperature levels.
For additional cooking space, use offsets for grilling sides or foods if your home has brought more guests. The smoker and offset allow maximum heat transfer and searing for cooking, and “grill zone” and “smoke zone” in professional-grade, stainless steel temperature gauges to maintain ideal cooking temperature. Indicators are included.
You can imagine anything from brisket to ribs with a classic smokehouse flavour to it. With its large 1382sq “cooking space, you’ll be able to prepare grill burgers or brats for the entire crew at the same time.
- It has five grates and a space for hanging sausages.
- It is built with heavy-gauge steel that helps maintain heat and the correct cooking temperature.
- A separate chamber has been added to this as a charcoal grill.
- Ashtrays and grates can be removed for easy cleaning.
- It has durable steel wheels added for easy portability.
- In this, you can’t use gas as fuel.
2. Broil King 958050 Offset Smoker
The King offers you an ample cooking space in which you can prepare food for many people at once. Apart from its 625sq” primary cooking space, it also offers special discounts in price.
Its thick and strong stainless steel construction maintains its quality for a long duration. Also cast iron grids, which gives you better heat retention than stainless steel, and better heat distribution per surface area increase.
The air vent system uses roto-draft damper technology, and a thermometer built into the lid helps maintain accurate temperatures. With a better price, you can use this simple, well-built smoking machine to complete your bbq activities.
- It provides 625sq” of space for cooking.
- It is constructed with 2 mm strong steel.
- It incorporates heavy-duty iron cooking grids.
- It features a chimney style stack with roto-draft damper technology.
- Both of its cooking chambers feature dual-purpose smoke charcoal trays and removable ashtrays.
- Lack of advanced features.
3. Royal Gourmet BBQ Charcoal Grill And Offset Smoker
Gourmet 30″ is designed as a traditional charcoal grill with an offset smoker so that you can enjoy the grill and smoke at the same time. It includes an 800 square inch cooking area with porcelain-coated steel wiring grates – 438sq”, chrome-plated warming surface – 179sq”, and offset smoker – 183sq”.
An in-built thermometer has been added to the lid so that you can monitor the temperature. Both of its dampers are adjustable, and you can also change the height of the firepan for better temperature control while grilling.
The cooking grates are porcelain-coated, which is completely corrosion resistant as well as they can maintain heat evenly during cooking. It can quickly add charcoal through its side access door, and it also has a removable ash pan for easy cleaning after use.
It has two durable wheels added for easy transportation and a wire mesh shelf at the bottom where you can store your charcoal and pellets.
- It allows you to cook at minimum to maximum temperatures.
- It covers a total of 800sq” of cooking space.
- Its porcelain cooking gate will maintain heat evenly.
- It also has two adjustable dampers added for better temperature regulation.
- There is plenty of storage space on its side and bottom shelf.
- This is quite simple.
4. Oklahoma Joe’s Longhorn Reverse Flow Offset Smoker
Oklahoma Joe’s Longhorn combines reverse flow technology that provides a unique smoking experience with increased heat and an evening of smoke. This is an improved model of Oklahoma Joe’s Highland Reverse Flow Smoker. It has a total cooking surface of 1,060 square” with 751 square” in the primary chamber and 309 square” in the firebox room. It is a heavy gauge all-steel construction that will support you for a long time.
It features a series of 4 removable baffles guiding heat and smoke from the firebox into the main chamber, and other features include porcelain-coated cooking grates, optional option smokestack space, and multi dampers for easy heat and smoke control. The main chamber and firebox have a cool-touch handle to protect them from heat.
In addition to all this, a large stainless steel basket for easy fuel management, and a clean door for simplified ash removal have been added ans offers front and bottom shelves, a temp gauge for easy manoeuvrability and larger 10″ wheels.
- It has 4 pre-installed baffle plates added.
- A large charcoal basket is included for maximum heat.
- It has a large cooking area.
- Its swing-open firebox door helps maintain heat.
- It includes a convenient front and bottom shelves.
- The firebox warming area has also been added for additional space.
- Its lid-mounted temp gauge displays a constant temperature.
- There is a risk of early peeling of paint.
5. Dyna-Glo DGO1176BDC-D Charcoal Smoker
With the Dyna-Glo vertical offset smoker, you can now smoke your favourite foods with your favourite wood chips and charcoal. Vertical smokers are ideal for capturing the maximum smoke flavour.
It features six height-adjustable cooking grates with a total of 1, 176 square inches of cooking space to accommodate different sizes and types of food. Since indirect heat is ideal for slow cooking, the offset functionality of this smoker is designed to keep heat away from food directly, which helps prevent food on the lower rack of food very quickly.
Porcelain enamel charcoal chamber is designed to keep the briquette tightly for improved burn efficiency. The removable, steel ash pan is designed for free cooking for the maintenance of large quantities of ash.
- Highly durable materials produce it.
- It is available at a reasonable cost.
- It has a double-door design to reduce heat loss.
- It distributes 15,000 BTU for cooking.
- A heavy-gauge steel wood chip box has been added to it.
- It can be inconvenient to carry because it doesn’t have rolling wheels.
6. Royal Gourmet CC1830F Charcoal Grill with Offset Smoker
This Gourmet CC1830F is a portable smoker with an affordable price. With its weight of less than 60lbs, you will have no problem taking this grill. It is a grill and smoker combo, making it easy for you to switch seamlessly between smoking and grilling.
It can become the best choose for camping and tailgaters. Just load this smoker into your car or truck and add delicious eating experiences to your best moments.
It features 438 square inches 1/4″ diameter porcelain wire cooking grates that help keep the heat evenly locked in the juice and make your meat more supple. It is durable, rust-resistant and easy to clean. Also, the 179 square inches swing-away warming shelf provides a secondary cooking area.
It features a 2-level adjustable charcoal pan conveniently controlling the temperature so that you can cook at any temperature you want. A temperature instrument is included on its built-in main lid, which provides convenience for controlling the grilling temperature.
- It delivers great performances every time.
- It facilitates grilled and smoked at the same time.
- It has 2 wheels designed for easy transport.
- It has front and bottom racks added for storage.
- It also gives you the convenience of a swing-away warming rack.
- It also includes adjustable vents for better airflow.
- It has less cooking space than others.
7. Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 Smoker
The Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 is the perfect choice for your grilling/smoking needs. It offers you a huge cooking space (total 1091 sq. Inch) as well as many other fantastic facilities. In it, you can prepare up to 43 hamburger patties at a time.
Its special features add new steel diamond-mesh cooking grates, adjustable smokestack, cool handles, large 10″ large wheels for mobility and a build-in heat gauge. Other features add a front shelf, lower storage rack, Warming trays and side air vents are included.
All these features will fulfil your needs that you went out in search of. It is a large grill with traditional offset features. It is not just a grill; You can use it for roasting, bake, brokerage, barbecue and smoking.
- It comes with a large cooking space and secondary smoking area.
- It is made from heavy-duty material.
- It incorporates a temp gauge for internal heat control.
- It has a large storage space at the bottom.
- It has large wheels added for easy shifting.
- Its chimney helps remove fumes and excess pressure inside the chamber.
- Its wheels are not well designed; they are just increasing the weight of the grill.
8. Char-Griller E1224 Smokin Pro
The Char-Griller E1224 charcoal grill comes with several built-in prep and storage space. There are attractive wooden surfaces on either side and front of this grill on which you can put your cooking equipment/spices, and can also be used for cutting meat, placing plates, or pouring seasoning bottles.
The special wire rack at the bottom provides additional storage space. Also, the grill gives you 830sq “of space for cooking. It has a primary cooking area of 580 square inches and a 250 square inch firebox.
This makes it particularly easy to add charcoal at best and remove ash. Weighing in at 146 pounds, the E1224 Smokin Pro is a bit heavier, but when it comes to calming a large crowd, it won’t be the best pick.
- It has 830 square inches of total smoking space.
- It is a heavy-duty construction with cast iron.
- A temperature gauge is also included.
- It has great storage facilities.
- It is easy to clean.
- It is not high heat resistant.
9. Char-Broil 12201570-A1 American Gourmet Offset Smoker
Char-Broil American Gourmet Smoker gives you the versatility with which you will be able to enjoy a variety of dishes. This gives you a total of 430 square inches of cooking surface in which about 18 burgers can be cooked simultaneously. Its main cooking room is 23.75-inch wide x 11.5 inches deep, and you can also grill in its 140 square meter firebox.
Many dampers can be opened or closed to accommodate airflow, which controls heat and temperature within the cooking chamber. The temp gauge is easy to read by mounting on the main chamber lid and can be used to monitor the internal temperature.
Among its other features is a clean-out door to remove ash, utensils, a side shelf for sauces and rubs, and cool-touch handles to help protect your hands. This smoker sits on two fixed legs and two big wheels, so it is easy to manoeuvre around your deck, courtyard or backyard.
- It has several dampers added for easy smoke and heat control.
- It incorporates a temp gauge on the lid to monitor the temps.
- It has porcelain-coated wire cooking gates.
- This offset is a combination of smoker, BBQ and charcoal grill.
- Its main chamber has 290 square inches of cooking surface.
- 140-square inches of space has been added to its firebox chamber.
- There is a risk of rust in it.
- The manual given with the product is difficult to understand.
10. Outsunny Portable Backyard Combo
If you are looking for a more compact size portable smoker, then Outsunny’s steel portable smoker will be the best option for you. It is only 37.5 lbs in weight, which you will be able to use as per your convenience. Also, its two strong wheels make portability easier.
Apart from this, it also provides you with a charcoal BBQ grilling and offset smoking. This barbecue has two different openings: one for the grill, and another for the offset smoker, allowing for the ultimate backyard experience.
An easy-to-read thermometer is attached on the main lid, so you never have to worry about opening the lid to check the temperature. Two shelves and a metal grating provide maximum space for storage.
- It is a combination of versatility.
- Its side vent allows increased airflow.
- Its smoker firebox helps replenish heat and add flavour to smoke.
- Lit-mounted thermometers and wooden handles have been added for safe use.
- Its sturdy construction with angled legs ensures stability.
- It lacked temperature control system.
How To Choose The Best Offset Smokers?
Charcoal smoking is very popular worldwide today because the charcoal in your brisket or hamburger infects a flavour that cannot be matched right now. Although more advanced barbecue equipment has emerged over the years – everything from electricity to propane is powered but nothing compared to the classic offset charcoal smoker.
If you are looking for a better option then, first of all, consider your needs deeply. If you know what your need is, then you will be able to buy the right product. Some important things are mentioned here that will help in your purchase. So let’s know about them.
Smokers come in many sizes from which you must choose the right size. The right size depends on the number of people eating food. If you plan to prepare a meal for yourself and your family or some friends, then a small smoker is probably all you need. But, if you plan to cook for a crowd, you may need a large smoker. You should also keep in mind that many offset smokers are quite long, which means that you will need much space to store them. If you don’t have much space, make sure you choose a smoker that fits the space you need.
Durable construction supports you for a long period. Many cheap smokers are made of thin metal that does not hold or transfer heat well. You will not get the taste of food that you were expecting from this meal. A good smoker will be made of thick metal that will keep the heat inside and efficient. This cooks the food perfectly and imparts a great flavour.
Portability is an important feature that encompasses several things: for example, the weight of the smoker, the wheels in it, assembly, etc. If you are looking for an option for your camping trip or tailgating, be sure to pay attention to the weight of the smoker. Apart from this, if you are going to use a courtyard or backyard smoker, then check the wheels.
The vents have an important role to keep oxygen flow constant inside the smoker. This offset is the way to control the temperature on the smoker. Oxygen is an essential element for fire, whose constant flow is very important in maintaining heat. If the vents are too small or too hard to adjust, you will not be able to manage your temperature, and holding a constant temperature is the key to good smoking.
As with the grill, temperature control is very important with the smoker. For this, a temperature device is paired with smokers that help you adjust the temperature inside. If the temperature gauge is not attached to the smoker, you will have to repeatedly check the food by opening the lid, which will cause instability in the temperature inside. With good quality, the built-in temp gauge is very useful for an offset smoker.
Now you must have known that what is important to consider for a better offset smoker. Now, choose the best for you from the above products keeping in mind your needs and enjoy an offset grilling.
If you want to know more about the best offset smokers or express your opinion then comment below, we will try to solve every question related to the product and classify the products according to your views.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How Does An Offset Smoker Work?
The offset smoker is a classic design that is very popular for smoking. It has a long horizontal chamber in which you smoke your food, while charcoal and smoke wood burns in a firebox on one side. It features shelves in the cooking room to handle multiple briskets, pork shoulder and rib racks.
2. Are Offset Smokers Better Than Vertical?
Yes, an offset smoker works better than a vertical smoker. It has a much simpler design than a vertical smoker. The offset smoker is designed with two parts that combine a firebox with the main cooking chamber. Its main chamber is made like a barrel.
3. Can I Use An Offset Smoker As A Grill?
Yes, you can use it as a grill. A grill grate is provided with the firebox where you can complete your grilling process. But you should keep in mind that it is mandatory to have a cooking grate with the firebox of the grill you choose.