In a Hurry? Our Top 2 Picks to Buy!
Camp Chef Sear Box
Camp Chef PG24MZG
Searing is a technique used in grilling, baking, brazing, and roasting. It involves the surface of the food (usually meat) being cooked at high temperatures; Until a brown layer is formed in it. This technique enhances the flavour of the meat and leaves flavoursome sediment in the grill that is used for grey-glaze or gravy.
During this process, the surface of the meat is sealed at a temperature above 150° C (300° F), and the surface of the meat is kept free of water. The contrast in taste and texture between the crust and the interior makes the food palate more interesting, for which, during grilling, the food will be shed in too much heat and then transported to the lower temperature area of the grill for cooking.
Are you looking for a grill that offers similar tastes?
So let’s end this quest of yours here because we are going to talk today about the best pellet grills in the market which are the grate in terms of searing. Here we have selected and explained the options keeping in mind your needs. Below you will get a detailed explanation of the properties of each product, its faults and characteristics, with the help of which you will be able to choose the right choice easily.
Top 10 Pellet Grills For Searing
|Product Name||Temp Range(°F)||Cooking Area(sq”)||Hopper(lbs)|
|Camp Sear Box||900||180||–|
|Camp Chef PG24MZG||160 – 500||811||18|
|Z GRILLS 450A Pro||180 -450||452||15|
|Green Mountain||150 – 550||219||9|
|Traeger TFT18PLDO||150 – 450||184||8|
|Z GRILLS ZPG-550B||180 – 475||550||10|
|Camp Chef DLX||500||573||18|
|Z Grills 6002B||180 -450||600||10|
|Broil King 496051||600||500||22|
Which are the 10 Best Pellet Grills For Searing in 2021?
1. Camp Chef SmokePro Sear Box
If you wanted a delicious smoky flavour with a satisfying SARS finish, you would have to substitute your pellet grill and your gas grill together. You can do all of this with this unit of BBQ Seer Box.
This seer box features 180 square inches of cooking space, with 16,000 BTU propane burners, durable, and specially designed heat diffuser plates, ready for dripping grease. It’s easy to pair your pellet grill with a simple mounting system and the included propane tank holder.
Inside this box is a forged piece made of cast iron that you can easily remove for cleaning. This not only allows the grill marks to be added to the food but also prepares to lock in natural flavours and juices.
An adjustable knob has been added to its front, which helps maintain the heat of the grill. You can use this at a maximum temp of 900 degrees Fahrenheit and a maximum output of 16,000 BTUs.
This sear box fits all of these pellet grills models: PG24DLX, PG24S, PG24LTD, PG36LUX, PG24SG, PG24SGB, PG24XT, PG24XTB, PG24ZG, and NEW PG24MZG.
- It is inexpensive and reliable.
- It is easy to attach and use.
- It has a 16,000 BTUs burner added for continuous heat production.
- It is easily compatible with most models of Camp Grill.
- It can raise heat to 900 degrees Fahrenheit.
- It is durable construction that lasts for a long time.
- This is only a sire box and not a pellet grill.
- It is slightly more expensive than other grilling accessories.
2. Camp Chef PG24MZG SmokePro
This is a pellet grill that has almost all the features added as per your need. Just slide and go from indirect to direct fire mode. It’s that easy. It covers a total of 811 inches of the surface for cooking on which you can cook enough for friends and family.
A top tier has been added to nearly double its cooking area. Each shelf is sized to fit in a common dishwasher. Along with this patented ash cleanout which is very easy to clean, pull the lever and drop your used ash down. With the easy assembly of the grill, you no longer have to worry about disassembling it.
The hopper has a pellet release and bucket holder to remove most of the pellets and feed the rest through a cleanout. It is fast and easy to use. In this, you can cook two things at once for which the PID easily plugs in / out on digital controller with smoke settings from 1-10.
- It uses convection style for cooking.
- Its dual top shelf is fully adjustable.
- It incorporates 2 stainless steel meat probes.
- The hopper and ash cleaning system has been kept to the utmost in this.
- It also includes a heavy-duty front table.
- It has a PID controller with 1-10 smoke settings.
- Its temperature probe can be subtle.
- It has no WiFi capability.
- It is stunning at this price.
3. Z GRILLS 450A Pro Wood Pellet Grill
A grill that has many features added to its stylish appearance and is also unique in the grill industry. This grill is the perfect match for your portable experience as its main area is 324 sq.in, and the warming shelf is 128 sq.in. With its 15LB hopper, you can put 3 whole chickens, 10 burgers together. It gives you a versatile form of grilling, smoking, baking, roasting, brazing, searing all in one place.
Smart Smoke Technology keeps the heat inside, and the PID controller controls the heat completely and minimizes its leakage. Its electronic auger feed burns the pellets completely and properly brings heat to the chambers. The digital control board ignites the auto grill and allows you to set the cooking fire from 180 ° F to 450 ° F.
This smoker from Z Grills makes food more fun, so serve guests a memorable experience with the now-famous taste of grilled and smoked foods.
- It comes with 8-in-1 versatility.
- It has a large cooking area.
- Its customer service is excellent.
- It includes a bonus wireless meat thermometer for grilling.
- It can cook large amounts of food.
- It has some temperature control issues.
4. Green Mountain Grills Davy Crockett
If you are looking for an ideal companion for camping, tailgating and other outdoor adventures, then Davy Crockett is right for you. Its compact size offers you the chance to enjoy a perfectly fried, smoked, roasted or baked meal anywhere.
This unit is only 68 pounds in weight, and it fits easily into the back of your truck. Apart from all this, this unit is capable of generating enough heat for all your needs. In it, you can set the temp from 150 to 550 degrees Fahrenheit, and set the right heat with an incremental controller of plus 5 degrees. It also features a meat probe that enhances your heat monitoring without opening the lid.
The unit has a digital WIFI controller that allows you to monitor and control the grill digitally with your mobile. This enables you to turn the grill on or off, adjust the temp, set the alarm, or put the unit on fan mode.
This grill incorporates all the modern technologies with which you can take your search skills to the next level.
- It has a heat sensor for monitoring the internal temp.
- It is portable and lightweight.
- It includes multi power options.
- It heats up quickly.
- Its legs can be twisted and used as handles.
- Its temperature is not constant.
- The space in its upper rack felt small.
5. Traeger TFT18PLDO Scout Pellet Smoker Grill
If you are looking for a compact and portable searing grill, then this TFT18PLDO model of Traeger is the pellet grill and smoker combo for you.
It looks like a small suitcase with a lot of features added to it. Features include a digital arc controller that allows you to set the temp in 5-degree increments.
It also features such as advanced grilling logic for precise temperature monitoring, a convenient keep-warm mode, porcelain coated grill gates, internal meat probe, and a built-in cooking timer.
Its total grilling surface is 184 square inches, with a rack of ribs, 6 burgers or 10 hot dogs to cook, perfect for the average family. Its hopper has a capacity of about 8lbs and weighs 60 pounds.
- It incorporates digital arc controllers for precise, consistent temperature.
- It is an excellent choice for outdoor and camping.
- It is very light in weight.
- This small size grill has ample space for searing.
- In this, you can set the time for cooking.
- Its cooking surface looked small.
6. Traeger Grills TFB57GZEO Pro Series
It is an interesting model with modern features that will completely change the way your grilling is done. Most of its features are fairly standard. It has a huge space of 575 square inches for cooking. It has the requisite concrete construction and electronic heat control that keeps things within the 15-degree radius of your target temperature.
One of its main features is the WiFi Control Edition, which allows you to use voice control to set and adjust the warmth. For this, you will have to download the Traeger app on your mobile. After which all control of the grill will come in your hands.
It is a superior feature, which pays special attention to modernity as well as taste. This grill is fueled by 100% all-natural hardwood pellets that infect the taste made of amazing wood in everything you cook. It adds 6-in-1 versatility for cooking.
- It is WiFi-enabled and Alexa compatible.
- It gives you a good performance every time.
- An electronic thermometer has also been added to it.
- It comes with great size.
- It is strong and well constructed of stainless steel.
- More expensive.
7. Z GRILLS 550B Wood Pellet Grill
This is the best looking grill in a new design that completes the searing process with 100% natural wood pellets. With its versatility, you can grill, smoke, bake, roast, tear, braise, barbeque and char-grill the food. This grill is also the best in terms of quality, as it is constructed with strong stainless steel.
It has an area of 550 square inches for cooking, which is suitable for your home, party and tailgating. It has added the main rack 399 square, the warm rack 139 square, and 10LB hopper that can accommodate 4 chickens, 5 ribs or 24 burgers.
With its 8-in-1 versatility, you can smoke a rack of ribs or grill a pizza, and bake a homemade apple pie. The automatic electric feed system maintains temperatures from 180ºF to 475ºF and can produce heat up to 25,000 BTU / hr for cooking.
- The main cooking area provides a wide space.
- The warming rack works continuously to keep food warm.
- It has been adjusted to the appropriate temperature for cooking.
- Its burner provides thermal power up to 25,000 BTU / hr.
- There are 8 ways you can cook food in this grill.
- There is a need to increase the hopper size.
- It has some temperature control issues.
8. Camp Chef SmokePro DLX
If you are looking for an outdoor cooking grill for searing, then SmokePro DLX may be a better option for you that will take grilling to the next level. Its inherent features simplify the smoking process.
The included digital temperature controller gives a more stable smoke, temperature and eliminates larger temperature swings. Its patented ash can cleanout system helps keep the grill clean. Pellet grills and smoker features range from innovative digital smoker controls to dual temperature sensors with which you can smoke food at low and slow speeds.
It has a total of Rack Surface Area 573 sq. in which cooking area is 429 square inches, and the warming area is 144 square inches. In this, you can adjust the food at a temperature of 160 to 500 ° F with 25,000 BTU / hr power.
- A large-capacity pellet hopper has been added to it.
- It has electronic ignition added for a quickfire.
- Its ash cleanout system and grease management system make cleaning easy.
- It also incorporates an internal meat temperature probe.
- It also has a side shelf for preparation.
- It has a chamber capacity of 3,778 cubic inches.
- It provides a wide temperature range for cooking.
- It may be difficult to remove the pellets from the hopper.
- It is high in weight.
9. Z Grills 6002B Wood Pellet Grill And Smoker
If you want to get a unique grilling experience with an affordable price, then this ZPG-6002B model of Z GRILL is a gift for you. It gives you the convenience of both grill and smoker with which you can cook food in 8 ways. It has also added an internal temp sensor with digital control so that you can get the desired results.
It provides an area of 600 square inches for grilling with a smoke/warming shelf 128 square inches. You can set the temp between 160 ° F to 450 ° F. It produces 25,000 BTU of heat power with a 10-pound hopper capacity on which you can sear all kinds of meat.
With its electronic auto ignition you will be able to start the grilling process in just a few seconds. This is not an easier way to get a taste of wood-smoked food than a pellet grill. Try it, and you will taste the difference.
- It comes with advanced wood fire technology.
- It is easy to use.
- It provides consistent and accurate results.
- It is offered with a large grilling area and hopper capability.
- It also has an internal temperature sensor with digital control.
- There are no cons.
10. Broil King 496051 Regal 500 Pellet Smoker
It is a versatile unit that can be used to grill, bake, smoke, barbecue, roast, and braise food. This pellet grill has a digital pro controller added that maintains the temperature for perfect grilling every time. You can smoke at 225°F, roast at 350°F, or sear steaks at 600°F. It uses electronic start ignition, which will cause any trouble in starting the grill.
It uses wood pellets as fuel which can power the unit for about 20 hours on a smoke setting, and while on high mode, it will provide a working time of 6 hours. The unit has a 500 square inch cooking area which is an ideal size. In this, you can cook food at a maximum temperature of about 600 degrees.
Its pellet hopper has a capacity of 22 pounds, in which you can easily prepare three chickens, 16 burgers, and three rib racks. Also, this unit weighs 109 pounds which is ideal for your patio or backyard.
- It includes Digital Pro Controller with AGL.
- Its dual meat temperature probes help cook food in the proper heat.
- Help keep the grill clean with a hopper cleanout.
- It has a side lift bar that makes it easy to move.
- Its sturdy wheels are made for all-terrain.
- It also has a burn pot agitator that allows you to quickly sift ash out of the burn pot.
- Price may be slightly lower according to features.
How To Choose The Best Pellet Grills For Searing?
Pellet Grill gives your food a delicious smokey flavour and is one of the best and most convenient ways to give your family a beautiful holiday or weekend cookout experience. This is the best option for searing meat that you can use on your patio, backyard or camping trip. When you find the best option for searing, you should consider several features.
The temperature range or capacity is the first thing you should consider when looking into the right choice because searing requires high heat in the grill which should be above about 150 ° C.
This temperature will provide optimum warmth to give your meat a ‘searing’ and attractive look, which you can achieve with a pellet grill. This heat burns the meat completely and creates a brown layer on top of it, and the lock of reverence has a wonderful flavour.
To achieve this taste, make sure that your grill has the proper temperature arrangement.
When choosing a pellet grill, these are an important question to consider as to how you are determining the cooking surface area that will meet your specific needs.
For this, you have first to know the number of people for whom you are going to serve food. A large grill surface is important to serve a large family or group, while a normal grill works well for a small family. This is important to do because this idea will help save your fuel costs.
Therefore, consider the requirements and availability of space for your special needs.
Most grills come in two types of grates, which include cast iron and stainless steel. Both of them specializes in their characteristics.
Cast-iron grates are the grate choice for searing because they heat faster than stainless-steel. It prevents your food from sticking with grates. But it can rust easily and requires regular care to prevent corrosion.
In contrast, stainless steel grates are corrosion resistant and are highly durable. Although they heat slowly, they have a high heat-retention capacity. These can present a cleaning challenge as food clings to them.
Along with maximum temperature, it is very important to control it because you cannot cook all types of food at the same temperature. Different foods require different temperature ranges. An external thermometer is commonly used by people to check the temperature of food. But with advanced technology, the grill now offers a variety of temperature controls that you can monitor and control according to your food type.
The price you will pay is not just for searing. The best pellet grill for searing should also be versatile. A pellet grill with which you can grill, barbecue, roast, bake, brass and smoke.
Apart from this, you should also keep in mind that a single searing and smoking grill will be costlier than a versatile tablet grill. Now it depends on you which grill you want to take home.
Searing is an experience in which your food is locked in moisture or sealed in juice. All you need for this is a pellet grill that can cook your food at the highest temperature.
With this information, you will be able to search for pellet grills according to your needs. The above products have all the characteristics that are required for searing. So quickly choose a better one for yourself and get ready to enjoy searing meat with your family.
If you have any question or you want to submit your opinion, then comment below. We will try to solve your questions and welcome thoughts.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Is The Max Temperature For Sticks Searing?
The best temperature for Sear is from 450 ° F to 500 ° F. First you place your sticks on the grill, close the lid, and set your timer for 2 to 3 minutes depending on the thickness of your steak.
2. How Long Should A Steak Be Cooked On A Pellet Grill?
For this, you take 30 to 45 minutes. First of all, turn grill on and cover it and let it warm for 3-7 minutes. Preheat at 250 ° F. Then pour the steak into the grill and leave it for about 30 to 35 minutes. When the desired internal temperature is reached, remove the steak from the grill and let them rest for 15 minutes.
3. At What Temperature Can We Cook The Steak?
For this, you need a preheated grill at a temperature of 350 degrees or higher.