Are you looking for a versatile, easy smoker who offers a unique balance between smoking and tenderness in your food?
If yes, then your search undoubtedly ends here, as we provide you with the best products that meet your maximum requirements.
In this discussion, we are going to talk about the top rated Pellet Smokers in the market, which not only have better quality but also provide versatility. We have chosen these based on their pros, cons and their characteristics, by which you will be able to choose a suitable option for you quickly and easily.
Cooking in a Pellet Smoker is a very sweet experience for which you give your precious time, and hope that your tongue can feel the taste of a delicious meal. For this, you must have a high-quality pellet smoker.
So, based on your needs, find a pellet smoker with which you can get your family and friends a delicious food.
Top 10 Pellet Smokers
Which are the 10 Best Pellet Smokers in 2020?
1. Z GRILLS ZPG7002E Smoker
The ZPG-7002E Wood Pellet Smoker provides you with 8-in-1 versatility with which you will be able to enjoy Grill, BBQ, Roast, Brace, Bake, Smoke and Sear. For durability, it uses porcelain cast-iron smoking grids. It also includes two heavy-duty wheels to move the grill.
It has a primary surface of 504sq” and an additional warming rack that bumps a capacity of about 700sq”. This smoker grill is exceptionally easy to use and includes an automatic electric ignition for the fast start-up. With the waste oil collector, you can clean the pellet grill quickly and safely.
The grill offers a massive 20-pound pellet hopper with an automatic auger for optimum smoke. A fan allows heat to be distributed evenly inside the chamber for precise temp control. Its digital panel helps you adjust the temperature range between 180 and 450 ° F and displays it on the LED screen.
- It is very easy to use.
- It is available at a relatively lower price.
- It provides versatile functionality for cooking.
- It comes with strong, high-quality construction.
- It has an extensive smoking area.
- It provides precise temperature control.
- Quality control problems have been seen in this.
- It does not have a device to test the meat.
- There is no proper ash disposal system.
2. Green Mountain Grills Davy Crockett Smoker
If you are looking for a great smoker for tailgating or camping, Green Mountain Grills Davy Crockett Pellet Smoker is ready to put an end to your quest. The good thing about this model is that there are some genuinely best portable options and one of the best units for searing.
Its legs can be bent, and it is just under 60 pounds in weight. Approximately 32 inches long, 16 inches wide and 21 inches high, it will fit most car trunks and will easily stove in trucks or SUVs.
With the versatility, you will be able to use it at a power of 12 or 110 volts. Apart from this, its most important thing is that this grill is Wi-Fi enabled, and you can control it on iOS or Android app.
It ignites automatically. The temperature can be adjusted from 150 degrees to 550°F with five-degree increments. With davy crockett pellet grill smoker, you can cook the food wholly and accurately.
- It is the perfect choice for outdoor grilling.
- It includes many portable features.
- It gives you precise heat control.
- It comes with a digital wifi controller.
- It has a thermal magic sensor that continuously monitors the grill temperature.
- It includes a meat probe, pointed lid for rib rack, convenience tray.
- We have found that the smoker may lose connectivity from time to time.
3. Cookshack PG500 Fast Eddy’s
The Cookshack Fast Eddy’s is an incredible smoker that can smoke at low, medium and high temperatures. Its production is done using 100% treated steel. Its primary body is tied together to guarantee a durable look.
The PG500 seems undeniably stable and practically modern in its development. It is incredibly deep, and also has a multi-year constrained assurance. It works similarly for years after purchase.
It has a 23lb container with a pellet dump entryway in the base. This enables you to replace easy-to-use pellets, and its structure sheds light on four cooking zones. The first is the direct grilling zone.
It is arranged legitimately on the flame vessel so that the heat from the bottom of the flame can be immediately found. This zone is the place where you can burn your food up to a temperature of 600°F (315°C). Apart from this, facilities for indirect, cold-smoking, or warming/holding zones have also been included.
- It is very well made.
- It promises to provide excellent customer service.
- It has the facility of electronic ignition.
- It has two opening doors on the outside.
- It has a side table and a drawer added for easy storage.
- It is expensive.
4. Traeger TFB65BLF Ironwood 650
Traeger Ironwood smoker is very famous due to its unique features and performance. It provides you with a large space for cooking as well as a warming rack. You can use it for an outdoor picnic and home. With its 650 square inch mine cooking area, you can cook for many people. It has an amazing pellet hopper cleaning option that supports easy to install and easy cleaning.
Its main feature is its WiFIRE technology so that you can control it easily. With its low weight, it is easily portable. You can arrange a picnic or party with it. Its pellet hopper capabilities are also very good, committed to long-term cooking.
You will be able to experience more power and more flavour each time you fire the grill with the D2 Direct Drive Drivetrain. It is the catalyst for the next generation of Dynamic Drivetrain Tregger’s wood-fired grill, designed for outdoor cooking on the next level.
- It is one of the most innovative products with Wi-Fi technology.
- It has a built-in pellet sensor that alerts you when the pellets run low.
- It provides 6-in-1 versatility for juicy affection.
- It is the perfect choice for family cooking.
- It is an expensive product.
- The front shelf is an additional purchase.
5. Camp Chef SmokePro DLX Smoker Grill
The Camp Chef SmokePro DLX Pellet Grill smoker is another great product that has become widely popular for its many features. This grill is available in stainless steel, black & bronze caps. With this, you will be able to enjoy the savoury taste of Smokey BBQ.
This model is manufactured with a strong stainless steel body, being durable as well as being resistant to corrosion. It is provided with two caster wheels which make it easy to move.
If we talk about its cooking surface, this grill provides a total of 570 square inches in 3778 cubic inch chamber capacity. The grill has a low 429 square inch rack and an upper smoking area, measuring 141 square inches in length.
Also, this grill includes a stainless steel temp probe, a dual LED temperature control, and an automatic auger to feed the wood pellets. It also has a sensor meter to monitor your cooking temp. This allows the temperature to be maintained between 160 and 500 ° F.
Its pellet hopper can hold up to 18 pounds of wood pellets, which supports less refills and longer smoking. The grill also includes smart grease management and a lever system for ash and hopper cleaning. A side-shelf, sear box, and an electronic ignition system have also been added for its convenience.
- It is easy to use and clean.
- It is an efficient and reliable product.
- It provides a constant temperature for cooking.
- It has a large pellet hopper capacity.
- It also includes oil management.
- It also incorporates a temp probe.
- It comes with great features for quicker cooking time.
- This product with a 1-year warranty.
- Its smoke area is not so large.
6. Memphis Grills Elite Wood Fire Pellet Smoker
The Elite Smoker of Memphis provides superior performance with innovative technology. It is built with a high-quality stainless steel body with nickel-plated grates, making it quite durable and corrosion-resistant. This gives you a non-stick surface for optimal grilling and smoking.
It has an area of 844 square inches of cooking, and the massive 24-pound pellet hopper allows for approximately 62 hours of continuous cooking. The best pellet grill has a temperature sensing pillar feeder that can maintain temperatures up to the range of 180 to 700 ° F.
Its main feature includes a Wi-Fi temp control that connects the grill to the mobile app, allowing you to monitor food comfortably. In addition to this, you get a huge storage cupboard, two side-shelves and some pots to hang your pots nearby.
- It includes proper oil management system.
- It has 2 convection fans for proper airflow.
- It comes with large storage space.
- Its remote Wi-Fi temp control provides attractive performance so you can set it and forget it.
- It has an air-tight seal for insulation.
- it’s costly.
- It is more in weight.
7. Traeger TFB57GZEO Pro Series 575
The Traeger Pro Series 575 grill has a durable, corrosion-resistant body and comes in both black and bronze colours. In addition to grilling your food, it also offers 6-in-1 versatility by allowing you to smoke, bake, apply brakes, roast, and BBQ on the grill. It uses 100% natural wood pellets to give a constant internal temperature during cooking.
It provides you with about 575 square inches space, which is enough to fit a five-rib rack or 25 burgers. With easy and simple temperature controls, you can set the temperature and enjoy tasty food.
Most importantly, this grill includes a WiFi enabled technology that connects your phone to the grill. This technique allows you to adjust the temperature, set a timer, check the level of the pill for refills, and even read their recipes.
Apart from all this, it has an auto-ignition to fire the D2 train and grill quickly and quickly. An 18-pound pellet hopper and an automatic auger system feed the pellets to keep the temperature under control, and a fan transmits heat evenly inside the chamber.
- It provides remote temperature control from the phone.
- Its D2 train provides rapid heating and start-up.
- It has a great cooking capacity.
- It is a durable construction.
- It has versatile cooking capabilities.
- It has easy-to-use controls.
- It is slightly higher in value.
- It requires a vacuum to remove the ash.
8. Ozark Bison Wood Pellet Smoker
Ozark Pellet Smoker infects the full flavour in every recipe. With its versatility, you are no longer limited to grilling alone. Our state of the art system combines elements from charcoal grills, gas grills and traditional kitchen ovens, making it easy to use.
It also includes an electric control panel for proper control, in which you can lower the temperature from minimum -170 ° F to maximum-450 ° F. This gives you the ability to grill, bake, roast, brass, smoke, and seer with an easy to use electric control panel.
Ozark Grylls uses advanced algorithms and precision sensors to feed fuel to the fire, regulating airflow and maintaining a constant cooking temperature to ensure food is completely together.
- It works with state-of-the-art hardwood pellet cooking technology.
- Its versatile system allows grilling, baking, roasting, and brazing at high temp from slow smoke.
- An easy-to-read control panel has also been added to it.
- This allows the temperature to be controlled within the + / – 20 range F range.
- It comes with a wide area of 892 square inches of food.
- It has also added a warming rake to keep food warm.
- It takes a little longer to cook.
9. Pit Boss 700FB Grill And Smoker
The Pit Boss smoker is designed to be fully versatile with a cooking space of 700 square meters. This series is perfect for groups of four to six. The cooking temperature of this 8-in-1 grills smoker ranges from 170 Fahrenheit to 600 Fahrenheit.
Select your favourite cooking styles with its digital control board and standard direct flame broiler. It does not need natural gas or propane; its wood pellet fuel produces an exceptional taste and is made from 100% natural hardwood pellets.
With heavy-gauge steel components, full structural strength and durability, these high-value grills last. Grill, Smoke, Roast, Sear, Braise, Barbeque or Four-Grill to perfection with the Pit Boss 700 Series.
- A digitally controlled burn system has been added to it.
- It has durable cast-iron cooking grates.
- It has an 8-in-1 cooking capacity.
- It has enough cooking space.
- It is easy to use and clean.
- Its temperature is not constant.
10. Traeger TFB38TOD Renegade Pro
Traeger TFB38TOD Smoker is an excellent choice for beginners. It is a very versatile product that allows you to smoke, grill, roast and bake. Many features have been added to make smoking fun and easy.
Its main area is 380 square inches, which means you can cook a lot at a time. With its convection technique, the hot air that is smoked rotates around the food to cook evenly. One of the most outstanding features of this smoker is its digital thermostat controller.
It comes in a small size so that you can use it for tailgating parties. It is made of strong steel and has a porcelain grilling grate which is long-lasting.
- It has 380 square inch grilling capacity.
- Its pellet hopper has a capacity of up to 18 pounds.
- It has a double meat temperature Probes facility.
- All-terrain wheels have been added for easy to move.
- Its electronic auto-start ignition helps in rapid starting.
- It is small in size.
How To Choose The Best Pellet Smokers?
By now you have learned about the general characteristics and qualities of pellet smokers on the market, but the final and most important question is how you will choose the right pill smoker for your needs? To complete your question, below we have mentioned some important factors which will be helpful in your right choice.
If it comes to the right size, then it depends entirely on your needs. For example, if you have a small family or you cook only for small ceremonies, you can invest in inexpensive grills with less cooking capacity.
Additionally, a large grill with increased cooking capacity can be a life-saving decision if you regularly gather large BBQs or you are leading a large group. Not only will you save time, but you can make different dishes at the same time.
If you are a traveller or going on frequent camping trips, then it is most important to choose a portable smoker. For this, you will need to pay attention to the weight of the smoker.
However, there are many pellet smokers in markets with amazing features, making them cumbersome, making it challenging to move them from one place to another. Look for the smoker that offer stronger wheels, locking casters, foldable legs and handles for easy transport. They should be compact, light and easy to move.
Nowadays, most manufacturers are incorporating new temperature control in their products which has increased the quality of their control system. Your grill may have a PID controller, which maintains the temperature correctly. It may feature an LED read-out to check for hot, sensitive flesh and measure temperature. Apart from this, many luxury and high-end grills also offer remote Wi-Fi temperature control on your phone. But with all these characteristics, the value of the product also increases.
Conversely, if you want a best budget-friendly smoker, you can get some of the best wood grills with non-PID or multi-position control. Make sure you opt for one with an accurate temperature gauge and wide temperature changes.
The biggest challenge after cooking is to clean the grill, which can be quite frustrating if it does not have the right features. So while making a choice, be aware that the option you are going for has a proper grease management system or removable grease tray. Look for hoppers that allow you to clean and replace your wood pellets easily. Also, many smokers have ash removal designs and dishwasher-safe adjustable grates for your convenience.
Our Top Pellet Smokers offer a great possible features at their cost. Here we have also included some products which are more expensive than others, but the reason for their being expensive is the smart new technology given in them which sets them apart from others.
Our goal was to provide you with an overall experience for the various pellet smokers available, allowing you to make the right selection according to your needs.
The best smoker is the one that works for you, fits your budget, and gives you the taste that you like.
Now you decide one of the best options above and invite friends to enjoy a delicious smoked meal.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which Is The Best Hardwood or Softwood Pellet For A Smoker?
Both hardwood and softwood pellets, with their own merits, provide excellent taste in food. On the one hand, hardwood pellets are stable and burn at a consistent temperature. Thus, they burn longer and provide pure, thick smoke. In contrast, softwood pellets contain high lignin and burn at high temperatures. They have high BTUs, allowing them to burn faster than hardwoods.
If you want to cook your dish slow and at a low temperature, choose hardwood. If you are cooking for a large crowd in a short period of time, opt for softwood pellets.
2. What Should Be The Correct Hopper Capacity For A Wood Pellet Grill And Smoker?
A Smoker is given a hopper capacity between 10 and 18 pounds by most manufacturers, which is reasonable but some smoker can have 40-pound hoppers max. A pellet smoker extensively uses 5 pounds of pellets per hour at low heat settings for slow cooking and smoking.
3. How Does A Pellet Smoker Work?
The wood pellet is ignited to heat the cooking chamber, and Fans then consume the air. Heat and fumes are scattered throughout the cooking area. Like ovens, pellet smoker provide you with precise temp control digitally or with a dial. Typically, their temperature can range from 180° F to 500° F.